What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If your team was rissoled

Tom Shines

First Grade
Already happened.

Still maintained an interest in league, and kinda sorta started being interested in the Tigers. Luckily, common sense prevailed soon after and Souffs were back collecting wooden spoons as per.

I would not support a relocation at all and probably not a merger either and as such my interest in League would die the blow ins like Perth, Adelaide and Queensland can have it.

Jason Maher

Immortal
If Saints were, I'd prob not watch much league at all. Possibly State of Origins if anything. Def wouldnt follow another side. Feel for Bears fans.

If they were relocated (eg moved to Perth) i'd be mighty p1ssed off but prob would still follow em

I come from the Dragons side before Illawarra came into the picture. While I was gutted at the time it soon didnt bother me at all. Dare say that wouldnt necessarily be the case for prev Steelers (& Magpies) fans.

I know it's the case for some Steelers fans, but I'm not one of them. Yes, I was pissed with the terms of the merger, and wondered prior the start of the '99 whether I could follow the Dragons with the same passion I did the Steelers, but 5 minutes of the Parra game put that one to bed. However little of my club seemingly remained, I couldn't follow any other team, and I'm not the sort to follow a team half-heartedly.

Now, if the Dragons were booted, I would definitely lose interest. I'd still follow league, and my current second team the Tits would be my new team, but it would never be the same. Manchester United would become the main objects of my sporting passion.

If the joint venture fell through (highly unlikely given there is a clause in the joint venture agreement to prevent either team doing a runner), I'd probably follow St. George until such time as another team was set up on the South Coast.

Tom Shines

First Grade
I would not support a relocation at all and probably not a merger either and as such my interest in League would die the blow ins like Perth, Adelaide and Queensland can have it.
You could join the Pride of the League mate. I'd even buy (well ok, steal) you a longneck of VB in celebration.

Iafeta

Referee
If my team was rissoled, I dare say any time in front of the TV would involve me being pussy whipped into watching rubbish like Criminal Minds, Columbo, Come Dine with Me and Masterchef while offering no defence as frankly without my team on the TV it'd all be irrelevant. I'm sure the wife would move onto other parts of my life like trying to get me into metro dress-attire rather than league attire and force me to go to the opera or the ballet in lieu of going out to watch the Warriors.

In short, I'd be castrated. I'd be like Julia Gillard, instead of being a mindless robot to the beauraucrats in the unions and their absurdly nonsensical marketing department, I'd be a mindless robot to the power of the poon.

magpie_man

Juniors
i'd switch to the cc bears (if common sense prevails and they are admitted into the comp in 2013). otherwise, i'd walk away from the game.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Id either start following Penrith or St George. Penrith because I played in their junior system or St George because half my family follows them.

^_^

Juniors
Ahhh. San Diaaago. Drink it in. ITs a fact....Its the greatest city in the world.

Discovered by the Germans in 1904 they named it San Diaaaago, which in German means......

Scholars maintain the translation was lost thousands of years ago!!!

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Not living in Sydney, I would still support the Eels even if they moved ... possibly even if they merged. I'd feel bad for fans living in Parra, though.

If they disappeared altogether, I guess I'd be a Bunnies supporter.

If both teams just ceased to be, I think I'd get over it ... but it'd take time. I'd probably be a Tigers fans.

If teams were constantly at genuine risk of oblivion or relocation or amalgamation, I think it would strike at my faith in the game to the point that I'd struggle to pay it that much attention. That would mean spending less money on following the game.

Would only watch Origin and the Grand Final if the Raiders got kicked out..... I could never follow another team, it's just not possible

GB!

Juniors
It might take a few years, but I could possibly support Tigpies or Manly if Easts folded. I don't hate them, and they weren't Super League scum.

It just wouldn't be the same though.

just come over anyways.
we'll have you!

Mr Spock!

Referee
Already happened.

Still maintained an interest in league, and kinda sorta started being interested in the Tigers. Luckily, common sense prevailed soon after and Souffs were back collecting wooden spoons as per.

Yep. I cancelled my Foxtel when Souths were banished and I haven't had it back. Followed them for 20 years prior to their expulsion and no way was I supporting another club. The thought of rugby league during this time made me angry and Souths had to pay for a rushed reinstatement by picking the dregs of other teams which kept them in the cellar for years hardly made up for the lost years. Interesting that there have been opportunities to cull clubs due to salary cap rorting, poor finances but none have gone.

Matt23

Staff member
I'd still follow the game, I'd still watch games, as for following another team, I don't think i could, I would be more inclined to follow the local comp more closely directing my passion towards a team there, namely South Newcastle.

Last edited: