What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ikin: Bennett’s axe is permanent

Seage

Juniors
What about all and sundry calling for Aku and House-down to get the chop?

You lot are kidding aren't you? Short memories. Anyone who would cut either of those two players from a team knows nothing about rugby league.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Just on Aku, anyone think he's more focussed on Origin and doesn't give a toss about club games at the moment?

aqua_duck

Coach
House offers very little as a wide running backrower, when I watch a guy like Alex Glenn I realise how much we're lacking with House. His only option is to play as a tight forward and his defence and discipline isn't food enough for that role

aqua_duck

Coach
Just on Aku, anyone think he's more focussed on Origin and doesn't give a toss about club games at the moment?

I think Aku is suffering a crisis in confidence, playing outside Wes and Junior he's just getting starved of the ball

Seage

Juniors
I think the misconception is that we are losing value out of House because he isn't a tackle buster. He never has been and never will be. He is a different type and shape of player. The effort and work rate of that bloke is under-estimated in holding the team together. There are plenty of edge running, explosive backrowers who are inconsistent and lazy in defence and I would have House ahead of all of them.

aqua_duck

Coach
Have you seen House's defence lately?
Tbh I think the workhorse fringe backrowers are becoming obsolete. Look at the fringe backrowers who get picked in rep teams, guys like Alex Glenn, Frank Pritchard, T Rex, Thaiday, Bird, Taylor, Gillett, etc, they can all attack and still have a similar workrate to House

Seage

Juniors
Law of averages - if you make 9000 tackles you're likely to miss some.

I also reckon he has heart and has a real dig.

We're are going like a busted @rse but if we think he is the problem we are looking in the wrong area. Most of those blokes you mentioned above are exactly what I said - inconsistent and lazy with the power and strength to do damage when they feel like it. Alex Glenn, Gillette and (I can't believe Im going to say this on the sheer fact I hate him like poison) but Thaiday are the exception.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'd take all those lazy players over House. House isn't our worst player but he's off contract which is problem solved IMO

Misanthrope

Staff member
I sincerely do hope that Tinkler is patient and lets Bennett work the magic he was hired to work.

A broom needs to go through the club much as it did when Smith showed up. The difference is, Bennett is actually good at keeping a side together after he butchers it.

Nuffy

Bench
I'm all for the clean out but we need to improve the roster and we just don't have the junior talent coming through, which means going into the market and other than Scott we haven't really seen much else.

Dark days indeed.

stuke

Bench
I sincerely do hope that Tinkler is patient and lets Bennett work the magic he was hired to work.

A broom needs to go through the club much as it did when Smith showed up. The difference is, Bennett is actually good at keeping a side together after he butchers it.

I feel that Smith was never allowed to fully do the job. He got about halfway through it and then those up above of him got nervous and ahead of themselves. When they showed Brian no interest in extending his contract he had you guys in contention for top 4 - then the rot set in before Stone salvaged the last few weeks.

And of course there was 'Little Sarah'.

Latest posts