What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

im at my witts end!

Redback71

First Grade
here we are 3 rounds into the comp and as i am yet to see witt play 4 the eagles i cant comment to much on his envolvement. but the fact remains his a former eel who has gone on 2 success at another club and he is bound to have something to do with that. the raiders r at the top followed by the eagles and then the tigers r also in the 8 these 3 teams r made up of so many former eels players its ridiculos and while there enjoying there success and basking in there glory here we r at the bottom of the table. i hate it with a passion i cant handle our former hereos having all the success while we have nothing to cheer about weather its the coach the players or the trainers fault i just wish that they would sort it out do something about it and start winning.

But he is shit and is not doing anything, Relax.

Jason Smith would have gone well with Tim Smith at 5/8 this yearthough. he has still got the Magic.

Sterling

Juniors
Redback71 said:
here we are 3 rounds into the comp and as i am yet to see witt play 4 the eagles i cant comment to much on his envolvement. but the fact remains his a former eel who has gone on 2 success at another club and he is bound to have something to do with that. the raiders r at the top followed by the eagles and then the tigers r also in the 8 these 3 teams r made up of so many former eels players its ridiculos and while there enjoying there success and basking in there glory here we r at the bottom of the table. i hate it with a passion i cant handle our former hereos having all the success while we have nothing to cheer about weather its the coach the players or the trainers fault i just wish that they would sort it out do something about it and start winning.

witt success at another club? .. its round 3 for christs sake!

Eelectrica

Referee
We were looking good after 6 weeks last year at 4 wins and 2 losses before the wheels fell off. Give it time, the wheels are bound to fall off at some point for Manly. Same deal with the Raiders when Jason Smiths cops a lengthy suspension or injury or both.

I wish we'd either start winning or get a new coach as it's the only way the parra coaching situation will cease to be a distraction to the team and supporters.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Redback71 said:

you can't handle it????...take up knitting.

CrazyEel

Bench
Redback71 said:
nah ill just take the wife too the bedroom, or maybe the kitchen sink. :shock:
LOL, she must have knocked you back to make you write the above after only yesterday saying
Redback71 said:
so ease up a little and save the bagging for mid season when we will have a real indication opn how we are going
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/viewtopic.php?t=54468&sid=70f81575d6a9b571742f073fc75ef8cc

That was a quick turnaround, it's not mid season yet is it.

Parraren

Bench
Watched Witt against Melbourne. He was pretty quiet. Monaghan is the MAN at Manly and he's playing very well. Witt is taking a back seat and I'd say he looks neither better or worse than he did when he was with us. He kicked out on the full and came up with some poor options in attack but on a few occasions he did some nice things. He's still got a long way to go.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Witt at Manly is just acting as a second kicking option and a goalkicker. He's done nothing, but he's doing it at the undefeated club of the competition, thus getting himself the "Parra reject doing good things at another club" tag.

parra_princess

Juniors
I'll say it again - Witt always was and will be CRAP! His goal kicking is the only thing we are missing!

He's playing a minor role in a team thats firing. Monoghan has been in outstanding form and Manly's forwards are making it easy. If Monas gets injured Manly are stuffed cos like Dykes, Witt can't handle being the chief play maker. Just a stat for you to have a look at:

After 3 Rounds...1 Try Assist...for a half back. Ummm yeah I'll just stick with Tim Smith he offers waaaay more. Go Timmy!

And Manly will fade away as the season progresses 8)

Utey

Coach
parra_princess said:
I'll say it again - Witt always was and will be CRAP! His goal kicking is the only thing we are missing!

He's playing a minor role in a team thats firing. Monoghan has been in outstanding form and Manly's forwards are making it easy. If Monas gets injured Manly are stuffed cos like Dykes, Witt can't handle being the chief play maker. Just a stat for you to have a look at:

After 3 Rounds...1 Try Assist...for a half back. Ummm yeah I'll just stick with Tim Smith he offers waaaay more. Go Timmy!

And Manly will fade away as the season progresses 8)

What she said :D

Reedy

Juniors
You keep wondering why all these players have success at other clubs, wether michael witt is playing well or not there are plenty of others, Andrew Ryan and Willie Tonga probably the most notable that have gone on to great things since leaving parramatta.

The point is these players did not play well when they were with you, these players have gone to all different clubs yet the only common factor in all of it was their poor form whilst playing for parramatta.

Just keep on telling yourselves that manly will fade away as the season progresses, cause you sure as hell dont have anything else to look forward to this year.

Avenger

Immortal
Witt is without a doubt the most hyped, most overrated player to play for us in a long long time. Do you people realise he is on close to $200,000 a season at Manly!!! What a joke!!! He couldn't guide a team around the park if his life depended on it. Consequently Manly know this and this is why this emerging "QLD origin halfback" is now taking a backseat and playing 5/8th. When I hear people rating him it is so obvious they have no idea about this great game of ours.

Reedy

Juniors
$200 000 a season at manly?

Are you high, or just really really stupid?

Also, I wouldn't be worrying about how much manly have spent on players this year, you guys have blown more money on players than any other club and you have not only lost to souths, but got beat by a team that manly completely dominated with only 12 men.

eelsta

Bench
Reedy said:
You keep wondering why all these players have success at other clubs, wether michael witt is playing well or not there are plenty of others, Andrew Ryan and Willie Tonga probably the most notable that have gone on to great things since leaving parramatta.

The point is these players did not play well when they were with you, these players have gone to all different clubs yet the only common factor in all of it was their poor form whilst playing for parramatta.

Just keep on telling yourselves that manly will fade away as the season progresses, cause you sure as hell dont have anything else to look forward to this year.

hows orford and o'mealy going :lol: :lol: now :arrow:

Bazal

Post Whore
Thankyou for that informative post Reedy. I love the fact that you left out the little fact that Manly would have gotten hammered by the Sharks with only 12 men on the paddock, except the Sharks gave the game away through ill-discipline. You only wrapped up the match when they had 11 men! Idiot.

eelsta

Bench
and as if ryan didnt play well at parra he played SOS so get your facts straight :roll: :roll:

Reedy

Juniors
That is not the point I was trying to make you imbecile.

Of course I would like to have Orford and Omeley back, dont start playing a numbers game with me because you and I both know that you have lost a lot more good players in the last 5 years than we have.

O and by the way, who won the battle of the halfbacks on sunday between Orford and Monaghan?

Reedy

Juniors
Bazal said:
Thankyou for that informative post Reedy. I love the fact that you left out the little fact that Manly would have gotten hammered by the Sharks with only 12 men on the paddock, except the Sharks gave the game away through ill-discipline. You only wrapped up the match when they had 11 men! Idiot.

Ok then how about we look at the start of the match when manly led 24 nil when it was 13 v 13 and an even penalty count?