What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm going away

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

Given he posted this on Monday at midnight and was online less than 24 hours ago, methinks this just might be a hoax. ;-)

God-King Dean

Immortal
dodge said:
:lol:

Given he posted this on Monday at midnight and was online less than 24 hours ago, methinks this just might be a hoax. ;-)

We have a winner ! :D

LOL

Nah, on a serious note I have been going through alot of life changes lately. I still believe in most of what I said in the original post. I've just come to relize how silly people have become (including myself) in their hunt for accessories (TV, MP3s, having cool cloths etc). At the end of the day, these things mean absolutly nothing, yet most of the worlds population look at them as a Holy Grail of hapiness & accomplishment.

Our true peaceful happy selves is what should be the fulfilment of our lives.
You're not your car, your clothes, or what people think of you.

Raider_69

Post Whore
well immy, if you ever think about packing up and moving shop, there is plenty of cheap accom. here in Reality
not a bad get up once ya get used to it

Messiah said:

And my motor bike ..... and A Storm CRL prmiership ...... ect, :D

God-King Dean

Immortal
Raider_69 said:
well immy, if you ever think about packing up and moving shop, there is plenty of cheap accom. here in Reality
not a bad get up once ya get used to it

You can keep it all to yourself. There's more important things I want.

brendothejet

First Grade
Perhaps there are messiah.

i for one know what I want in life. Part of that is things like mp3s cars and computers. i like the way they ADD to my life. For example:

I like nothing better than sitting around with my mates and family having a few in the backyard with music. Now if music can be stored and played easily off a small handheld device, enabling me to spend more time hanging out talking about life and the world and cracking tins, then bring on the Ipod.

I think the problem is when people wholy and souly chase these items, to replace things like love, art, peace and laughter.

Thats me just being a bit touchy feely for a moment.

An41

Juniors
I think you have let fight club take over your life.
Come up with your own sayings next time instead of stealing them from the movie.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Messiah said:
Care to enlighten us as to what these things are? It's a bit like oyu've taken 2 steps back but now need to take a step forward. It's ok to say that there is more than material possessions, but some are actually important to our way of life.

I do agree a little bit with you, though. I don't see any point in working working working working and so on to save enough money for a huge plasma tv while all the time you are spending less and less time with the important people in your life - such as family and friends.
I would love a huge plasma screen to watch the sport on, but acquiring one isn't going to rule my life.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I think I've been misunderstood slightly.

I have no problems with having a car, cool clothes etc. I DO have a problem with people nowadays placing their hapiness on these things. The reason I have brang this up is because I was one of those people. When you live life this way, you become a blob to which your peers mold you. You have no self-definition at all, & certainly arn't in control.

brendothejet

First Grade
I have about 5 things in my life i care about. really care about.

None of them can be bought or sold.

Everything material i have is just to have fun with those people and ideals.

Things like lubricant and sex toys. Material objects everyone can enjoy!

God-King Dean

Immortal
An41 said:
I think you have let fight club take over your life.
Come up with your own sayings next time instead of stealing them from the movie.

I used one similar quote. Did it ever occur to you movies like Fight Club are made because people actually feel that way ?

Fight Club is an interesting movie no doubt, but the general message of 'living your life self-destructively' is complete bullsh*t.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Messiah said:
We have a winner ! :D

LOL

Nah, on a serious note I have been going through alot of life changes lately. I still believe in most of what I said in the original post. I've just come to relize how silly people have become (including myself) in their hunt for accessories (TV, MP3s, having cool cloths etc). At the end of the day, these things mean absolutly nothing, yet most of the worlds population look at them as a Holy Grail of hapiness & accomplishment.

That's exactly what life is all about, though - life is a process, and thus changes naturally occur.

Nobody ever said life was easy - and why not? Because as humans we face truths and queries which are too meaningful to comprehend at the best of times.

The pursuit of a better job, faster car, more money, a bigger TV, etc - they're all serving one purpose: to sidetrack you from life, because life is a bitch. Ain't no doubt about that. But by buying a new exotic car, splurging on a huge TV and inviting family and friends over to watch it, you're experiencing one of life's simplest joys - which ironically is also one of its better ones.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Messiah said:

i got a big screen, my own car, a computer, 2 jobs, decent money... i can cut you in for a slice :)

Plenty of piss, laughs, good times, mates and long lost loves to be had over here in sunny Reality :)

God-King Dean

Immortal
Raider_69 said:
i got a big screen, my own car, a computer, 2 jobs, decent money... i can cut you in for a slice :)

Plenty of piss, laughs, good times, mates and long lost loves to be had over here in sunny Reality :)

I have sex

MONY

Juniors
thought u were going to go neck yourself....... well what are u waiting for..... mitre 10 to open so you can buy some rope???

Latest posts