What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm new to this, be gentle...

lainey

Juniors
And welcome to you as well.

Gaz_E, sorry but I relate chaps to being male only. My best friend is English and he doesn't use the word chaps but I guess is also depends on which part of England you are from.....and again, welcome to our humble little web home. :nwave:

Panthers_God

Juniors
Gaz_E said:
Cheers for the welcome guys, helps to be accepted :D .

I'll probably watching most of the games if/when they get put up on NRL.com, so i'll be lagging behind in terms of match action (unless they're on Sky, then i'll get the chance to watch it live). As for fav players, i'll leave that until i've watched a few games i reckon, then see who impresses me most. I've seen Craig Gower take GB apart a couple of times, and have been impressed by him, but that wearing the Green n' Gold so it's not counting. I've seen the Panthers play when they were over here in 1997 taking Warrington apart along with the other teams they played. IIRC Ryan Girdler scored a bag full of points that day
and he did did it again in this game too . I saw the first of those games at our old ground Wilderspool.

Gaz,

I dont want to put you under the gun but if you want to see Rhys Wesser in action I recommend you watch these games.

Panthers vs Storm Round 5 2005
Panthers vs Eels Round 26 2003
Panthers vs Raiders Round 10 2001

Cheers :thumn

Gaz_E

Juniors
Panthers_God said:
Gaz,

I dont want to put you under the gun but if you want to see Rhys Wesser in action I recommend you watch these games.

Panthers vs Storm Round 5 2005
Panthers vs Eels Round 26 2003
Panthers vs Raiders Round 10 2001

Cheers :thumn

I'll have a look at what i can find on NRL.com later, in fact, i'll have a go at watching as many games as i can to get a grounding on the Panthers before the season kicks in again.

Cheers

Gaz_E

Juniors
Watched my first Panthers game last night, round 1 v the Sharks from last season. I'm gonna try and get through the season as quick as i can (1 or 2 games a day). 20-14 Sharks, Rhys Wesser's try was quality, great feet, good speed, good strength.

lainey

Juniors
Rhys was fantastic in 2003! He was also the highest try scorer that year as well....:D

*Sandy*

First Grade
Gowie was supurb in 2003 too. So was Satts. Girds was even better! In fact the whole outfit was on fire in 2003! :D

For us it wasn't a very good night at Shark Park, Rd 1 last year. And what about that damn band....

lainey

Juniors
I kept asking if they would take a request........I was going to request they stopped playing.....:lol:

Fibroman

First Grade
Gaz_E said:
Watched my first Panthers game last night, round 1 v the Sharks from last season. I'm gonna try and get through the season as quick as i can (1 or 2 games a day). 20-14 Sharks, Rhys Wesser's try was quality, great feet, good speed, good strength.

I was on the hill that game with Kilkenny.

choc_soldier

Coach
Gaz_E said:

And Priddis scoring one of the easiest tries you'll ever score.

Round 5 (Storm) and Round 26 (Tigers) are the best matches you will see, I reckon - especially the Tigers match... that's what we are capable of when we click. An absolute thrill to watch.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Now that was a good game to be at!

Who would have thought after that game the Tigers winning the comp!

Caged Panther

First Grade
PK said:
Now that was a good game to be at!

Who would have thought after that game the Tigers winning the comp!

yeah but then after about 15minutes who would have though Penrith winning the game :lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
Caged Panther said:
yeah but then after about 15minutes who would have though Penrith winning the game :lol:

:lol: True that.

I was thinking it was going to be a looooong afternoon, being 16-0 down after as many minutes. I thought we had given up the ghost, considering Manly won the night before and therefore we had nothing to play for.

But that was a tops afternoon. A great way to finish off a disappointing season.

choc_soldier

Coach
How's this for a stat - we haven't won a first round match since 2000, but we haven't lost a last round match since 2002.