What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm not watching this weekend - team named.

Timbo

Staff member
Mogg moves to halfback

20/04/2010 1:57:50 PM

Canberra Raiders veteran Adam Mogg will shift to halfback this weekend for the Raiders ANZAC Day clash against the South Sydney Rabbitohs, after Josh McCrone was ruled out for two weeks with a groin injury.
Mogg’s move is one of several changes to the Raiders line up, with Brett Kelly in for the injured James Stuart, the return of Shaun Fensom for the injured Joe Picker and Marc Herbert coming into the 17 on the bench.
Furner said Mogg has had enough experience at the top level to play the halfback role and said there are other options within the side named for Sunday.
“He (Mogg) played most of his time in the Super League for the Les Catalan Dragons at halfback and the style we play more often than not sees Campo take control,” he said. “They can interchange a bit as well which is an advantage for us. We also have Marc Herbert who can come in as well and cover both seven and nine.”
In other Raiders changes Dane Tilse has been named to start the match this week after being named on the bench for most of the season, with David Shillington moving back to the bench, while Troy Thompson has been named 18th man.
Furner said the addition of Kelly for the injured Stuart is to help defend the likes of Souths attacking stars Beau Champion and Nathan Merritt.
“Brett Kelly has been 18th man for a couple of times this year and played well for Souths Logan so he deserves his opportunity,” he said. “We need to be good on our left hand defensive line and Brett gives us some aggression, as the Rabbitohs are strong with their right side attack.”
CANBERRA RAIDERS V SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
SUNDAY APRIL 25, 2.00PM
CANBERRA STADIUM
NRL
1. JOSH DUGAN
2. BRETT KELLY
3. JARROD CROKER
4. JOEL THOMPSON
5. DANIEL VIDOT
6. TERRY CAMPESE
7. ADAM MOGG
8. DANE TILSE
9. ALAN TONGUE (C)
10. SCOTT LOGAN
11. TREVOR THURLING
12. BRONSON HARRISON
13. JOSH MILLER

14. TOM LEAROYD-LAHRS
15. SHAUN FENSOM
16. MARC HERBERT
17. DAVID SHILLINGTON
18. TROY THOMPSON
COACH: DAVID FURNER

http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=24762

aussies1st

Staff member
Wow thought Furner would throw Herbert straight into halfback. Not a bad side if only we could get rid of Kelly, rest I'm pretty happy with.

Interesting.

I am very interested as to how Brett Kelly will go. I am in fact looking forward it. I think his past performances haven't really been too awful, and has only been judged due to his repuatation as being "crap". Despite this, I still think Stuart should've been given some more time.

I like how Mogg has been chosen in the half, with Herbert on the bench. It gives Furner an option, if Mogg doesn't perform in that role early on, to bring on Herbert. I hope that Fensom starts ahead of Miller, and also it is great to see Thurling's form rewarded with a starting role. Logan will most likely be shifted to the bench, because he has been a monster when coming off from there. Actually a thought just came up and TBH, also wouldn't mind Herbert starting as hooker, with Tongue going to lock.

Hopefully we see something like this, come Sunday:

1. Josh DUGAN
2. Brett KELLY
3. Jarrod CROKER
4. Joel THOMPSON
5. Daniel VIDOT
6. Terry CAMPESE
7. Adam MOGG
8. Dane TILSE
9. Alan TONGUE
17. David SHILLINGTON
11. Trevor THURLING
12. Bronson HARRISON
15. Shaun FENSOM

10. Scott LOGAN
13. Josh MILLER
14. Tom LEAROYD-LAHRS
16. Marc HERBERT

Last edited:

Macko8

Juniors
Rabbitohs are going to kill us
Dont mind mogg at halfback,but i dont know if he provide that attacking flair.

skeepe

Immortal
Feel free to support another team Timbo you weak, disturbed glory hunter.

The word "fairweather" comes to mind whenever I see your posts.

On topic, I actually don't mind the team named. It's been pretty clear we've needed a shakeup, and I'm pretty excited about seeing the results this weekend.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Hey I'm willing to give anything a go once or twice. Hopefully Mogg can do a better job than our other two options. I really would've liked to have seen mick picker given a go (is he an option), atleast off the bench. Brett Kelly isn't that bad. Stuart wasn't killing it, and although he cops a heap Kelly isn't near our biggest worry. It'll come down to holding the ball. Lets hope they do that to first grade standard.

Dazraider

Juniors
Ok thanks furner, now season is officially gone if you want kelly in the team, Im trying to think when he had a good game cause i only remember him standing in no mans land in defence and dropping easy balls.
Souths is a special 13plus this week if you like a bet

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
It doesnt matter who plays...our players have no heart at all, if we get 6 points behind its almost like our team decides that its not worth it anymore.

We may not have the stars in the Eels teams but look at the the panthers, they havent given up all year..there lineup isnt much better but we play like kids and roll over far too easy.

Green Machine

First Grade
I like the idea of Logan starting the game. That’s a step in the right direction from the coach. Hopefully they can get a good start on Sunday and not give the bunnies repeat sets in the first 20mins,

aussies1st

Staff member
Mogg at least looks like hes directing our players around. He'll be a good stop gap halfback imo, Herbert and McCrone aren't going to fix our halfback problems so we better be looking elsewhere.

Cryptic

Juniors
Most people were posting Mogg at Half earlier, including me, I actually think it's a really good move... As for Kelly... Yes he has played terribly in the past but he has aparantly been killing it for Souths-Logan... Again we are picking a team and judging players on their form from last year, not what the coaching staff is seeing and being told by the people who are in a much better position than us to make these calls...

Granted I won't be surprised if it doesn't go well either (Kelly that is) but I'm certainly not going to run cying to mummy in a huff and not watch the f**king game over it...

WTF is with our supporters? And some of you wonder why the team has no heart? Hard to get a heart with the majority of the supports aparantanly have non themselves...

Dazraider

Juniors
Kelly has always been playing well I hear in the lower grade,but thats it only performs against non to fringe first graders,not First grade itself.
no point saying how well he goes in that div as its way off the pace

bileduct

Coach
I know that things haven't exactly worked out over the past few years, but really, you bitter hacks need to find a different sport to follow.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I know that things haven't exactly worked out over the past few years, but really, you bitter hacks need to find a different sport to follow.

Im sorry but im not a bandwagon fan...

You do understand that when we whinge its cause we cannot accept this sort of crap year in year out. If your happy then great, although for me I spend $100 a month for foxtel to watch the raiders and a club membership..I put money for the raiders, is it wrong that in return I want results?? of course not.

matt

Juniors
Probably...even though the club being even remotely respectable is the aim of the whinge.

Fairweather,bandwagoner these are just terms slung around by happy clapper's they mean nothing to a fan of the club, absolutely Zero.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Im sorry but im not a bandwagon fan...

You do understand that when we whinge its cause we cannot accept this sort of crap year in year out. If your happy then great, although for me I spend $100 a month for foxtel to watch the raiders and a club membership..I put money for the raiders, is it wrong that in return I want results?? of course not.
The problem with the whining that is typical on this particular forum is that it serves no purpose other than to satisfy yourself.

Anyway, not entirely sure why you took my comment so personally other than it appears that you're looking for any opportunity to express your outraaaaaage, but without naming names my post was really directed at the bloke who hopes our players get injured and would love to set them on fire in the street if they happened to cross paths.

Latest posts