What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm not watching this weekend - team named.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
I really liked the look of Mog at half, he seemed to have a calm and experienced presence... could be cool...Kelly however....Little scared!

Timbo

Staff member
Im sorry but im not a bandwagon fan...

You do understand that when we whinge its cause we cannot accept this sort of crap year in year out. If your happy then great, although for me I spend $100 a month for foxtel to watch the raiders and a club membership..I put money for the raiders, is it wrong that in return I want results?? of course not.

That was what I meant by the title of this thread incidently.

I'm sick of the crap the club serves up each year. I pay my membership. I go to games. I buy merchandise. And I subscribe to Foxtel.

And this team is the worst team named in the 20 odd years I've been supporting this club. Give me Odell Manuel or Greg Wolfgramm any day of the week but Kelly.

And Mogg tries his guts out but I sincerely doubt he is the long term answer at half.

And we still don't have a hooker.

Oh, and I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't give a rats arse about your view of me Skeepe. If the club went with what you think (which funnily enough, they appear to be doing) we'd be constantly sitting towards the bottom half of the ladder (which funnily enough, we do).

edabomb

First Grade
That was what I meant by the title of this thread incidently.

I'm sick of the crap the club serves up each year. I pay my membership. I go to games. I buy merchandise. And I subscribe to Foxtel.

And this team is the worst team named in the 20 odd years I've been supporting this club. Give me Odell Manuel or Greg Wolfgramm any day of the week but Kelly.

And Mogg tries his guts out but I sincerely doubt he is the long term answer at half.

And we still don't have a hooker.

Oh, and I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't give a rats arse about your view of me Skeepe. If the club went with what you think (which funnily enough, they appear to be doing) we'd be constantly sitting towards the bottom half of the ladder (which funnily enough, we do).

Odell is about 20 times the player Kelly is, Wolfgramme more like 5 times.

Geez I wish we had a Mark Asbok running round we could fit into the team. Seriously management have a lot to answer for when our depth is so pathetic that Kelly is getting a run within the first 7 weeks of the comp.

I don't mind Mogg at HB, he offers more than the other guys do. Which once again is a saaaaad state for the club.

shear_joy9

Coach
the thing that annoys me most about furner's management is his team selections this season. Throughout the pre-season and into round 1, Furner selected Robinson on the wing and Herbert at half back. After that one round, both those players have been dropped and replaced by worser players. Robinson and Herbert's games were not bad enough to warrant dropping while Stuart and McCrone have done nothing to warrant their continued selection.

Now after both Furner and Tongue came out in support of McCrone labeling him the best player for the position, where does that leave herbert? Why wasn't McCrone selected round 1?

Don't get me started on the kelly selection this week. Furner again proves he doesn't learn from past mistakes. Kelly is off-contract at season's end; I'm very confident Furner will re-sign that hack.

Cryptic

Juniors
Kelly has always been playing well I hear in the lower grade,but thats it only performs against non to fringe first graders,not First grade itself.
no point saying how well he goes in that div as its way off the pace

On the same note we should tell all junior players they never have a hope of playing first grade just because they are the best player in the Queensland/NSW/Toyota Cup competitions...

How else do we pick other players? It was sorta forced on him being that the rest are injured but we needed the shake up anyway... Again Kelly is a scary fact but who knows... He may finally do something... Mogg and Chalke use to be hated players as well but they did suddenly come good, Generally once they were older, so who knows... Like we could play worse than last week?

matt

Juniors
Only for the night,I have an Excuse thread to regulary update for the year Skeepey.

:-k

Yea I admit, backing up from my previous post that some selections are cringe worthy and/or debatable, but some of these players haven't played in the certain position this year, or at least haven't been given a go to show their worth. Give 'em a go, and make your judgement after the game.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
I'm just hanging out for Joel and Justin to come back..I'd feel confident against anyone with

1. J. Dugan
2. J. Monaghan
3. J. Croker
4. J. Thompson
5. J. Carney
6. A. Mog
7. T. Campese

shear_joy9

Coach
I'm just hanging out for Joel and Justin to come back..I'd feel confident against anyone with

1. J. Dugan
2. J. Monaghan
3. J. Croker
4. J. Thompson
5. J. Carney
6. A. Mog
7. T. Campese

the backline has never been a problem.

the problem has been the halfs not taking control, service from dummy half and the forwards failing to hold onto the ball and get back in defence.

dubby

Bench
What's your solution then Timbo?

You are great at fault finding (along with the rest of the henny-penny sky is falling crew), so enlighten us.

What is your solution?

Timbo

Staff member

You are great at fault finding (along with the rest of the henny-penny sky is falling crew), so enlighten us.

What is your solution?

1 - We need to buy a proper halfback.
2 - We need to select - or recruit, given injuries - a proper hooker.
3 - We need to stop picking Brett Kelly.

This weekend we have a Centre playing halfback, a lock playing hooker and a moron playing wing.

How many teams win competitions, hell, win games when you have players out of position at hooker and halfback?

I hope to the football gods that they prove me wrong, but as I say, this is close to the worst 17 I've ever seen selected for the Raiders in my two decades following the club.

You CANNOT hope to be a premiership contendor in the modern competition without a high quality halfback and a high quality hooker. We have neither. And the one guy who is supposed to be leading us around the paddock is playing like a guy on a 11 year contract at 75 bajillion dollars a season and therefore doesn't need to impress anyone.

I want them to prove me wrong. Every week I pray that Josh McCrone will suddenly play like a first grade halfback. But it NEVER HAPPENS! We've been playing mediocre football for 10 years now (with the statistical anomoly in 2003 which was more of a fluke than anything) and I'm wondering where the change is coming from? It NEVER COMES!

I am not deathriding here. I hope we win by 50 this week. I just find it hard to see.

Timbo

Staff member
Remember how "rapt" you were over the Stuart Flanagan signing, Timbo?

He turned out to be a massive dud.

It's so easy to judge a players skill when he plays all of three games for you.

I still think releasing him was a massive error.

matt

Juniors

What is your solution?

the sky has been on the ground for 16 years.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade

What is your solution?

Timbo has given a solution and so have the others, we cant play duds week in week out and recruit benchies at best to be our superstars..every team at the very least improves, honestly in nearly 10 years we have been the exact same team.

The sky has fallen and its people like you sitting around being happy with a 13th ranked team year in year out. Sure Gus Gould tips us for the spoon, but we are never far from it.

If you think we are improving and moving forward then your either blind or so damn biased that you need to be checked out...far out we suck as a team and need some major changes. Im not negative just pointing out that our last charge was in 2002. Basically one season in 10 years we looked okay.

There is nothing wrong with us not being happy to be a club not moving forward.

We complain cause a team cannot have more losses then wins every bloody year. Others support the raiders by acting optimistic, fair enough...I did too, but Ive yet to see anything for so long.

its not our job to make the raiders play better, rather then ask us on a forum what we would do why dont you ask the Furners and every other person involved in the raiders what needs to happen.

People are getting paid to run a club poorly and you get frustrated that several fans have had enough of the horrible games being played...

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
the backline has never been a problem.

the problem has been the halfs not taking control, service from dummy half and the forwards failing to hold onto the ball and get back in defence.

True, I'm just pumped about getting all our guys fit to see this in action!

bileduct

Coach
It's so easy to judge a players skill when he plays all of three games for you.

I still think releasing him was a massive error.
For a guy who, according to you, would walk into the #9 position at any club other than the Tigers he sure seems to be playing a lot of NSW Cup for an NRL club in outright last position.

Raider Azz

Bench
1 - We need to buy a proper halfback.
2 - We need to select - or recruit, given injuries - a proper hooker.
3 - We need to stop picking Brett Kelly.

This weekend we have a Centre playing halfback, a lock playing hooker and a moron playing wing.

How many teams win competitions, hell, win games when you have players out of position at hooker and halfback?

I hope to the football gods that they prove me wrong, but as I say, this is close to the worst 17 I've ever seen selected for the Raiders in my two decades following the club.

You CANNOT hope to be a premiership contendor in the modern competition without a high quality halfback and a high quality hooker. We have neither. And the one guy who is supposed to be leading us around the paddock is playing like a guy on a 11 year contract at 75 bajillion dollars a season and therefore doesn't need to impress anyone.

I want them to prove me wrong. Every week I pray that Josh McCrone will suddenly play like a first grade halfback. But it NEVER HAPPENS! We've been playing mediocre football for 10 years now (with the statistical anomoly in 2003 which was more of a fluke than anything) and I'm wondering where the change is coming from? It NEVER COMES!

I am not deathriding here. I hope we win by 50 this week. I just find it hard to see.
amazing solutions there timbo. you should be on the coaching staff:roll:

Latest posts