What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'I'm want out'

alexc

What a f**ken wanker. I'm glad he will never be back at the broncos with that attitude. I really dig The Raiders of the last few years, they never have the star players but they always give teams a run.

shear_joy9

Coach
it seems like signing for the raiders is alot like the army reserves;

earn some cash, get some valuable experience, then move on to greener pastures.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Costigan leaving has been a near certainty for nearly a year now, pretty much all canberra fans know this and never actually expected him to stay... and with an attitude like this, frankly i wouldnt care if he did leave... We've got plenty of back row stocks and Nev doesnt actually do a great deal at club level anyways.

If he stays, good, if not, meh, we wont miss him too much. Especially with Joe Picker going the way he is at the moment, and Joel Thompson carving the U20's a new one

tiger_nick

Bench
i feel sorry for the raiders fans too, but then i remember most of the just jumped on the early-mid 90s bandwagon.

still its not nice to see a club get ripped apart. i think a dominant raiders team again would be good for league.

skeepe

Immortal
tiger_nick said:
i feel sorry for the raiders fans too, but then i remember most of the just jumped on the early-mid 90s bandwagon.

still its not nice to see a club get ripped apart. i think a dominant raiders team again would be good for league.

When you were born in the early 80's, as I'd imagine most Raiders fans on here were, it's pretty hard to jump on the bandwagon any earlier don't you think? That they were successful at the time was a happy coincidence, IMO.

In fact, your post smacks of one-upmanship and frankly I couldn't care less. Still bitter about 89 I guess.

badav

Bench
skeepe said:
As for Costigan, not once has he spoken about the Raiders apart from being negative. When he went down injured after round 1, he didn't say anything about how disappointed he was that he couldn't contribute to our start to the season, all he went on about was how shattered he was that he might miss the Queensland squad.

Look im not going to argue with you about the fact that Neville costigan is a dope (i already know being a broncos supporter), but thats not true. He has definetaly mentioned on more than one occasion that the Raiders have been great to him, and that he was appreciative of the opportunity they gave him.

tiger_nick

Bench
skeepe said:
In fact, your post smacks of one-upmanship and frankly I couldn't care less. Still bitter about 89 I guess.

read the second line of my post and see if i seem bitter you f**kwit

Paullyboy

Coach
I think if you accuse someone of being a bandwagon fan you would probably be wise to pick anyone except the Raiders (ok maybe Cronulla or Souths). A bandwagon fan wouldn't have hung around to tolerate the 'one good moment in every 8 weeks' that has become reality for us over the past decade.

But losing Costigan isn't exactly an issue - as a matter of fact I cant remember what he looks like in a jersey rather than a tracksuit.

Chachi

Bench
Paullyboy said:
I think if you accuse someone of being a bandwagon fan you would probably be wise to pick anyone except the Raiders (ok maybe Cronulla or Souths). A bandwagon fan wouldn't have hung around to tolerate the 'one good moment in every 8 weeks' that has become reality for us over the past decade.

But losing Costigan isn't exactly an issue - as a matter of fact I cant remember what he looks like in a jersey rather than a tracksuit.

:lol:

...and BTW the only cap concession Canberra should get are discounts for club developed juniors, which should be available to all teams in the NRL. Anything to bring back some semblance of loyalty in the game.

skeepe

Immortal
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
"i'm want out"

for a minute i thought this was some Hado brilliance ... sadly disappointed :(

Surprisingly (or, well not really) it was the actual headline on the Daily Telegraph website at the time.

Latest posts