What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Important: Whay exactly are the plans for the Manly club?

Grantwhy

Juniors
t-ba the hutt said:
Singo Stated as Much in an interview with Vossy for the Sunday Footy Show.

He didn't sound too happy about it, but the gist of it was

"I Have an ironclad agreement with NS leagues club that any Gosford side will be named the bears, and I can't squirm out of it"

There would be 1 way a team can relocate to Gosford and not have to change their name.

Get the NS Leagues Club to drop that requirement.

As for how that could be done *cough*7FiguresMinimum*cough* i couldn't say ;-)

Now - for a comment on the potential sale of Manly into private ownership by the Leagues Club and another group/person.

Private ownership isn't automatically a good OR bad thing. It has it's advantages and dissadvantages. (ie a team like the Gold Coast had money in the bank and was improving their onfield performances but was closed down by it's owner [it was owned by the ARL? by then?])

I don't expect the Manly Leagues Club would *ever* try to close down the Manly Sea Eagles, but, that same leagues club would, as a matter of good business, try to reduce the amount of money they had to put into the Club.

Remember right now they can't fund the Club to the level it needs to be competative.

The Leagues Club will take steps to increase the earning of the Sea Eagles and they seem . . . whats the word . . . they seem 'hard' enough that if it is a choice between staying put and being unable to keep the Sea Eagles going and relocating somewhere the team can get sufficient income.

Then there is the matter of the co-owner. So he is a Manly Fan. IF the deal goes through will there be a clause in the deal stating no moving the Sea Eagles away from Manly *ever* and that clause has to be included in any sale of his share of the Club?

*Sigh* I am trying not to sould like DD here ;-)

But moving to private ownership of the Club greatly reduces the number of people required to agree to something *like* relocation.

Then there is the question of possible sale of the Club to new owners in the future.

The Manly Leagues Club and this Manly Fan (isn't it his business that is buying into the Club?) may be desirable owners but there is no guarantee that these Owners will remain Owners. ie If it is a case of keeping the Leagues Club running or keeping the Leagues Club ownership of the Team as a business decision the Leagues Club would be more important.

Argg - can't seem to get this to sound right :?

ok - try this:

Going to Private Ownership is good for the short term survival of Manly (5 years or so) but in the longer term it might not be so good.

t-ba

Post Whore
Norths Leagues aren't exactly Manly Leagues.

They are one of the wealthiest clubs around, and why they failed to fund Norths adequately in 1999 still defies logic. For Singo to convince Norths league he'd probably have to buy them Haiti or something...

fish

Juniors
It is all spin doctoring to me,what people say in public and do in private are 2 different things.I didn't see this interview on the footy show and I have not read that anywhere else,not even on the numerous souths forums.I still think Singo could get out of this supposed agreement if it meant having a tennant in his white elephant,I guess we will see over the next couple of years.

Good post Grantwhy,you in around about way summed up my feelings on the 50% sale.Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be enough of the correct info around to make a firm decision on if it is positive or negative.

Briza

Juniors
T-Ba, Singo may have the management rights to Scumpower stadium, but neither he or NS leagues own the stadium, it is owned by the people of the Central Coast and the state/federal governments.
And anyone who believes in Singo's speel is a fool!!. :roll:

t-ba

Post Whore
The Problem is, they'd have to find adequate funding. NS Leagues and Singo are a pretty decent combination in that area, and they don't seem to eager to p*ss him off up there in Gosford.

Anyone who believes the Central coast won't get a club within the next ten years is a fool blinded by his hatred of the Bears ;-) . The 'getting over it' isn't Norths inclusive, both sides should just forget that the Neagles happened and move on.

fish

Juniors
They'll get a team up there allright and it will be in less than 10 years but I still say it won't be the bears but a relocated side already playing in the present comp,my 2 cents worth only.

t-ba

Post Whore
I suppose...'time will tell'.

As long as everybody believes Doctor Death should lose all his fingers in a horrible Printing press accident I'm happy.

fish

Juniors
Nah he makes me laugh,we've all heard this rot before and I don't think he realises it.Water off a ducks back they don't have a side anymore in the NRL so they have to do something to keep themselves occupied,twisting stories of why their Administration failed them and throwing the blame our way keeps them off the streets.

doctor death

Juniors
fish said:
Nah he makes me laugh,we've all heard this rot before and I don't think he realises it.Water off a ducks back they don't have a side anymore in the NRL so they have to do something to keep themselves occupied,twisting stories of why their Administration failed them and throwing the blame our way keeps them off the streets.

Fish, good name - flap about, lot of noise,no subsatnce, intellectually dead.

Singo has an iron clad contract that the team will be the CC Bears in red and black. Even an idiot like you should realise that the Bears did the deal with Singo and that,plus the funding, were the price for 80% of the management rights.

You keep avoiding the issue. Typical. Can you get a guarantee from Manly management that you won't be shafted to the Gold Coast? Cos I reckon that's what this "sale" is all about.

chileman

Coach
Are you related to CASSIE doctor feelgood, you play the same broken record as her...although your clutching at straws is more amusing :lol:

fish

Juniors
Fish, good name - flap about, lot of noise,no subsatnce, intellectually dead.

Singo has an iron clad contract that the team will be the CC Bears in red and black. Even an idiot like you should realise that the Bears did the deal with Singo and that,plus the funding, were the price for 80% of the management rights.

You keep avoiding the issue. Typical. Can you get a guarantee from Manly management that you won't be shafted to the Gold Coast? Cos I reckon that's what this "sale" is all about.

Sorry the kudo's go to you for lacking intellectual ability as you have resorted to name calling because your argument is flawed and you have very little witt or ability to fall back on.
Why have you only now mentioned this agreement between your sugar daddy and the NSLC? I will give you the answer,you are riding on T-Ba's knowledge and not your own....This is very poor as you have not done the research required to defend your non existent team.Go away little one as boys your age should be out having fun as one day you will be an adult and face alot of responsibilities so make the most of your youth.By the way the last comment is not a sarcastic attack but my assesment of your age based on the qualities of your posts.

doctor death

Juniors
Fish

Simply ring Singleton's or Norths. It's in concrete.

When the Central Coast Bears run out in 2005 or 2006 in red and black, the mighty Gold Coast Eagles will be trotting around some local park in the Gold Coast while all of you whinge "why didn't management warn us"?

fish

Juniors
I still don't see a thanks thrown T-bah's way for helping you out,I'm sure your parents taught you manners.Get used to premier league my young friend your dead bears will be there a long time,there is no shame it is a very strong competition and you should be proud your side has reached the height of last place.

doctor death

Juniors
fish said:
I still don't see a thanks thrown T-bah's way for helping you out,I'm sure your parents taught you manners.Get used to premier league my young friend your dead bears will be there a long time,there is no shame it is a very strong competition and you should be proud your side has reached the height of last place.

Fish, even tho Arko's got one foot in the grave, he obviously has more lackeys crawling to him at the NRL than Singo has. But, who knows. maybe integrity will prevail.

Still, the NRL is looking good when Manly try to flog a signed jersey to a sick child AND refuse to pay their ex-players. Manly are a credit to football.

fish

Juniors
Around and around we go on the Dead Bear Merry go round.Who will be your hero when your sugar daddy get's another tennant in his white elephant,They'll be no mo suga fo yas Dead Bears. :lol: :lol: :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
I've never heard anything about red and black being part of the deal. And I live in a house were two people are members of the football club. They'd be as happy as larry as long as the team wasn't Maroon and white.

doctor death

Juniors
t-ba the hutt said:
I've never heard anything about red and black being part of the deal. And I live in a house were two people are members of the football club. They'd be as happy as larry as long as the team wasn't Maroon and white.

The agreement is simple - the team out of Gosford will be the red and black Central Coast Bears as it would have been before Manly interfered.

You should be happy for the Central Coast and Norths. If it wasn't for Gosford stadium and the Neagles, Manly would have been bankrupt. Thanks to the "JV" and the Central Coast, you survived.

Ahem.

From my discussion this season just past with a Norths Director (let's call him "ND") re the agreement with Singleton:

DT-1: So what are the exact terms?

ND: That the NRL team to play out of Northpower (CC Stadium) will be called the Bears and play in red and black.

DT-1: And that they will be controlled by the North Sydney RLFC?

ND: Oh sure.

DT-1: Really? It says that - exactly? Er, specifically?

ND: Well, not exactly, but - er, um, who else?

DT-1 How about Singo himself? Or the CC Leagues? Or whoever the NRL selects?

ND: Oh no - they wouldn't do that - that'd be unfair...

I won't bore you with the rest of the discussion, but here are a few other things this chap was ignorant of:

1. The number of voting members in NS Leagues (licensed club)
2. The number of voting members in Tweed Heads (licensed club) - who are allowed to vote in NS Leagues elections
3. The factors that would make Tweed Heads members vote in favour of the NS football club having control of the licensed club (in short, control of the purse strings).
4. The number of voting members or the personalities who control Central Coast Leagues.

In short: No idea, no hope and just a lot of bumf about how the NRL will reinstate the Bears because otherwise it would be "unfair".

He needs to be a director of the CloudCuckooLand Cuckoos (who incidentally have more chance of re-entering the NRL than the Bears).

Regards,
DT-1

doctor death

Juniors
The Dawson Twins Minus 1 said:
Ahem.

From my discussion this season just past with a Norths Director (let's call him "ND") re the agreement with Singleton:

DT-1: So what are the exact terms?

ND: That the NRL team to play out of Northpower (CC Stadium) will be called the Bears and play in red and black.

DT-1: And that they will be controlled by the North Sydney RLFC?

ND: Oh sure.

DT-1: Really? It says that - exactly? Er, specifically?

ND: Well, not exactly, but - er, um, who else?

DT-1 How about Singo himself? Or the CC Leagues? Or whoever the NRL selects?

ND: Oh no - they wouldn't do that - that'd be unfair...

I won't bore you with the rest of the discussion, but here are a few other things this chap was ignorant of:

1. The number of voting members in NS Leagues (licensed club)
2. The number of voting members in Tweed Heads (licensed club) - who are allowed to vote in NS Leagues elections
3. The factors that would make Tweed Heads members vote in favour of the NS football club having control of the licensed club (in short, control of the purse strings).
4. The number of voting members or the personalities who control Central Coast Leagues.

In short: No idea, no hope and just a lot of bumf about how the NRL will reinstate the Bears because otherwise it would be "unfair".

He needs to be a director of the CloudCuckooLand Cuckoos (who incidentally have more chance of re-entering the NRL than the Bears).

Regards,
DT-1

Fascinating insight, mate.

The team will be a local team playing out of Gosford called the central Coast Bears in red and black.

Likely that the board will be prepesentative of Singo's people, North Sydney and Central Coast reps, as it should be.

If the NRL would give this entity a licence instead of propping up near-bankrupt clubs, it'd be better all the way round for rugby league.

Surely even you can grasp that?

doctor death said:
Fascinating insight, mate.

The team will be a local team playing out of Gosford called the central Coast Bears in red and black.

Likely that the board will be prepesentative of Singo's people, North Sydney and Central Coast reps, as it should be.

If the NRL would give this entity a licence instead of propping up near-bankrupt clubs, it'd be better all the way round for rugby league.

"Surely even I can grasp that", eh? And exactly why would I be deficient in being able to understand things?

Have a look at my post again. It's a verbatim report of a discussion with a Norths director.

I have no brief to bag Norths. In fact, I feel the deepest sympathy for
their plight. As a Newtown supporter, I definitely know what it's like to be blindsided by shonks - Mr Arthurson in particular.

Nevertheless, at least one member of your board (and I must surmise from his ignorance the rest - they surely haven't discussed it in his presence at meetings) does not have the first clue about how to get out of their current predicament.

Remember that when we got turfed we did not have a financially viable leagues club to draw on - Norths do, but the football club appears to have no hope in hell of accessing those funds for their fight.

The deal with Singo means no more than what it says - that the team that plays out of that stadium will wear red and black and be called the bears. NOT that there will be any guaranteed North Sydney involvement.

As far as who'll control the eventual CC NRL club, you can bet that it won't be anyone with next to no dough, piss-all members and still less idea of how to establish support for a football club (as demonstrated by the chap quoted's cluelessness) - i.e. NSRLFC.

The answer is not to bleat about "fairness" or past injustice, but to fight to get the best and brightest you can onto your board. Not beloved ex-players or "real good blokes", but guys who want it to happen and who will connive fearlessly to make it happen.

I'm just making it known (for the benefit of voting Bears FC members) that it appears to me that in at least one case, your current board is not up to that standard.

Want the Bears back? Then get a good, knowledgable board together first.

Regards,
Dawson Twins Minus 1

Latest posts