What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

ghoti

Bench
Yeah that’s what I was getting at K…. He no doubt see’s something in Moyza that most of us don’t. Maybe it’s more of a mentor role he has in mind? I do like the attitude he’s taking with Fifi in regards to him making his own call. Sounds like Bomber encouraging the big fella to retire was devisive
in hindsight.
Mentor for Hynes imo.. Hynes is walking right into what Moylans already experienced: huge expectation and hype after only one or two breakout seasons.. hopefully the two can work together on the mental side. As much as Moylan has disappointed, he has been resilient while getting pumped in the press, online, having struggled with mental health to the point of dropping out of finals (and then being pumped all over again for being soft), the injuries etc etc.. he keeps showing up regardless. I reckon Fitz sees a lot in those character traits and shedding the burden of an overinflated pay cheque drops a lot of noise for him too.

I still prefer a Trindall/Hynes halves combo but it's starting to sound like a Hynes/Moylan pairing is most likely for round 1..

coolumsharkie

Referee
Sure I get your point but there hasn’t been a shit stain word said about his approach to anything yet. They can’t all be wrong.
Good interview by McInnes at the preso. Things are definitely looking positive, I think we are in a very good position just from a perspective of mentality, we've won one now, so that takes a big load off the club in regards to it.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Mentor for Hynes imo.. Hynes is walking right into what Moylans already experienced: huge expectation and hype after only one or two breakout seasons.. hopefully the two can work together on the mental side. As much as Moylan has disappointed, he has been resilient while getting pumped in the press, online, having struggled with mental health to the point of dropping out of finals (and then being pumped all over again for being soft), the injuries etc etc.. he keeps showing up regardless. I reckon Fitz sees a lot in those character traits and shedding the burden of an overinflated pay cheque drops a lot of noise for him too.

I still prefer a Trindall/Hynes halves combo but it's starting to sound like a Hynes/Moylan pairing is most likely for round 1..
This is a very good post and a bit of a reality check around Moyza. One which let's us all see a few positives in the fella

snout

First Grade
This is a very good post and a bit of a reality check around Moyza. One which let's us all see a few positives in the fella
Moyza.
We have 3 internationals.
Nikora and Wade.
And moyza.
Sheens picked him for the Oz team.
Fitzy was part of the setup and spoke glowingly about his prep and attitude in that camp.

He excelled at SOO.

He came unstuck under hook. Hooks a merkin. Moyzas not a captain. Oil and water.
And every time he's been close to getting it together where it matters - on the park - his body's let him down.

Times they are a changin. New sheriff in the town. Hook. Morris. Hannay.
If moyza ever had a chance to show the comp what he can do it's under this bloke.
He just needs his body to go with him.

ghoti

Bench
Moyza.
We have 3 internationals.
Nikora and Wade.
And moyza.
Sheens picked him for the Oz team.
Fitzy was part of the setup and spoke glowingly about his prep and attitude in that camp.

He excelled at SOO.

He came unstuck under hook. Hooks a merkin. Moyzas not a captain. Oil and water.
And every time he's been close to getting it together where it matters - on the park - his body's let him down.

Times they are a changin. New sheriff in the town. Hook. Morris. Hannay.
If moyza ever had a chance to show the comp what he can do it's under this bloke.
He just needs his body to go with him.
Griffin made Moylan captain to challenge him, then at Drags made Hunt captain to challenge him.. never understood that approach .captaincy is all a bit of show half the time but it seems to really burn some players. (In saying that remember the form jump that Fifita got when made captain? The mental game is a weird beast hey)

Latest posts