What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yes, of course but CC is tied up with both the Roosters and the Storm. Not a thing I like

bluefox68

Staff member
I’d much prefer Hynes was getting mentored by Cooper Cronk… Fitzy should be tapping up old mate
Cronk doesn’t think that it’s a conflict of interest for Rorters, Storm, and Fox Sports, so why not add Sharks to the list?

Windy70

Juniors
I liked Bomber and I am sure the Club could have handled that better, but I too am excited with Fitz. I was not at first, and was unsure of his experience in the top role. But players seem to pumped about it and that's all I need to see in order to have high hopes for 2022.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I liked Bomber and I am sure the Club could have handled that better, but I too am excited with Fitz. I was not at first, and was unsure of his experience in the top role. But players seem to pumped about it and that's all I need to see in order to have high hopes for 2022.
The only way they could have handled it better is let him see out the year but even that I think wouldn’t be a good idea. Letting someone go is never nice.

AJB1102

First Grade
The only way they could have handled it better is let him see out the year but even that I think wouldn’t be a good idea. Letting someone go is never nice.
Exactly there's rarely a good way that sees everyone happy. Unless you're letting someone go who didn't really wanna be there they're gonna be a bit peeved. Just rip the bandaid off and let the natural healing process begin.

Now we go into 2022 with excitement after everyone had time to adjust to Bomber being punted. If they waited they just delay the same carry on but it bleeds into 2022 and they're trying to sell memberships to pissy fans.

Interview with Fitz on SEN drive with Joel and Fletch. Only 14 mins long, he loves Ronaldo already!

R-15-3

Juniors
Anyone else find him a tad cagey on Wade Graham? Nothing obvious and said all the right things but didn’t sell me on expecting big things from him. Maybe I’m reading to much into it.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Anyone else find him a tad cagey on Wade Graham? Nothing obvious and said all the right things but didn’t sell me on expecting big things from him. Maybe I’m reading to much into it.
He has come from a club where their captain suffered the same fate and pulled the pin. Just think he is being realistic.

snout

First Grade
He has come from a club where their captain suffered the same fate and pulled the pin. Just think he is being realistic.
Friend and corner...so yeah he understands the reality of a bloke in this situation.
Easier to underplay it rather than make big promises only to have everyone let down

Special K

Coach
Physically Wade looks incredible from seeing him around the traps. Hope his head can stay safe but I can’t see it given his history.

Also makes me worried about Dale.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Physically Wade looks incredible from seeing him around the traps. Hope his head can stay safe but I can’t see it given his history.

Also makes me worried about Dale.
The problem here is there is no way wade doesnt get another knock during the 1st half of the year and they will treat it like he has been KOd regardless of how bad it actually was.

Last year of his contract too… this could get interesting fast.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Why would he get a knock and leave Australia to risk his health elsewhere?

if advice tells him he can’t play footy he will stop everywhere not just in Australia. Unless he is dumb.

Chimp

Bench

if advice tells him he can’t play footy he will stop everywhere not just in Australia. Unless he is dumb.
The speed and intensity of the game on Super League is nowhere near NRL, the volume of concussions (or players failing concussion tests at least) is nowhere near NRL, the media focus in general, but certainly on players with repeated concussion is nowhere near NRL…. And if the truth be told, I don’t think the players are really honestly that worried about it, they’re being bullied into retiring by the media - Wade will go off to France to play, as he likely won’t have the luxury of a guaranteed post-career pay packet like Cordner and Friend will have from the Roosters and Uncle Nick that actually make it more finically viable to retire and stay with the Roosters than say go over to France with Catalans for a couple of years.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

Nah what I’m suggesting is this will be his last season for the Sharks regardless. If he’s lucky enough to get through the season he’ll play on in France….if not he’ll have a nice extended holiday over there. He’s a smart enough fella to not risk his life after footy playing too long. Best mates with Cordner too. Will be a sad moment if he does get his head in the wrong place this year.