What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

Weaponhead

Coach
The interchange use is puzzling.

They have gone right away from what was working earlier in the season. The grit and focus has been replaced by typical Sharks error riddled footy.

bluefox68

Staff member

They have gone right away from what was working earlier in the season. The grit and focus has been replaced by typical Sharks error riddled footy.
The only thing I can think of is that Hazelton was the only one that did not have the flu - and they had to keep rotating players to survive…

DJDL

Bench

I understand that losing an outside back to an HIA and a hooker to the sin bin messes with your rotation, but to be chasing points with 15 to go and having the two most damaging players in the squad getting splinters beggars belief.

Not the first time he’s done it either. He seems unwilling to adapt to what is happening on the field. It’s all premeditated.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
You've got Fitzy, Hannah and Price sitting in that box.

If it was Benji and the blonde I could understand but these blokes are meant to know about coaching and making decisions on how to handle things that happen during a game.

Generalzod

Immortal
You've got Fitzy, Hannah and Price sitting in that box.

If it was Benji and the blonde I could understand but these blokes are meant to know about coaching and making decisions on how to handle things that happen during a game.
I agree, but spare a thought on the Broncos these blokes made the Grand Final last year, there roster is Better than ours and Yet they are going shit.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The coaches can't go out and make the decisions right. They can go out and ice the opportunities for the players. They can't make their tackles, make their runs, make their passes or catch the ball for the players.

So all they can do is prep the team. Is that the problem? Is the prep off? That is squarely on the coaching staff.

Sure there may be adversity from time to time but the best teams look that in the eye and say "get phuqued adversity, you're not in our plans"

Nice guys finish last. They have to get away from this luvey duvey tripe they go on with and make blatantly obvious is their main focus.

We're back to the days I hated when mediocrity was acceptable. There's no hard edge on the field. No old fashioned killer.

"We won't back down" - what a joke. They should be ashamed to have adopted that song. They back down weekly.

How about they adopt Todd Rundgren's song "Can we still be friends"

Softcocks

DJDL

Bench
I honestly don't understand the bench use this week.

As I said above, I know the HIA and sin binning had an effect, but Sifa only payed 32 minutes - 15 of those at right centre.
Why?
He can play 80.
We needed impact.
Get him into the pharquing game.

BHU only played 27.
He's been back for 6 weeks now.
If he's incapable of playing more minutes then I'm sorry, but it's a coaching issue for not getting his conditioning right.

And what was the plan for Berrell?
Play him in the middle when Cam goes off?
I'd rather Billy Burns.
Even better, Jack Williams.
If he was fit enough to be named as 18th man, he's fit enough to cover the minutes Berrell played.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I honestly don't understand the bench use this week.

As I said above, I know the HIA and sin binning had an effect, but Sifa only payed 32 minutes - 15 of those at right centre.
Why?
He can play 80.
We needed impact.
Get him into the pharquing game.

BHU only played 27.
He's been back for 6 weeks now.
If he's incapable of playing more minutes then I'm sorry, but it's a coaching issue for not getting his conditioning right.

And what was the plan for Berrell?
Play him in the middle when Cam goes off?
I'd rather Billy Burns.
Even better, Jack Williams.
If he was fit enough to be named as 18th man, he's fit enough to cover the minutes Berrell played.

We are spineless.

Brailey/Berrell, Trindall, Atko, Kennedy/Ison won't win too many. When JB, BT, DA and LI were on the whole attack fractured. They couldn't get Iron into the game. DA was invisible. BT has become a "trier". Iron was thrown to the wolves

We've used 26 players this year. Dykes has been hurt. Tacoma is not up to standard. Puru either. Gabrael not ready (why is he even in the top 30). That rounds out the top 30. Terrible depth and balance. Colquhoun made of glass. Others "being managed" due to past or present injuries. Finucane retired. Nicho gone. Williams, currently hurt, has been fading since May. Our pathway to NRL is phuqued. The club relies on bringing in juniors from elsewhere. Players are left stagnating in the Jets side for years. The cupboard is bare in terms of NRL quality. The cupboard has never had any proper hard charnts in it since Fitz's reign. Perhaps Wade.

DJDL

Bench
We are spineless.

Brailey/Berrell, Trindall, Atko, Kennedy/Ison won't win too many. When JB, BT, DA and LI were on the whole attack fractured. They couldn't get Iron into the game. DA was invisible. BT has become a "trier". Iron was thrown to the wolves

We've used 26 players this year. Dykes has been hurt. Tacoma is not up to standard. Puru either. Gabrael not ready (why is he even in the top 30). That rounds out the top 30. Terrible depth and balance. Colquhoun made of glass. Others "being managed" due to past or present injuries. Finucane retired. Nicho gone. Williams, currently hurt, has been fading since May. Our pathway to NRL is phuqued. The club relies on bringing in juniors from elsewhere. Players are left stagnating in the Jets side for years. The cupboard is bare in terms of NRL quality. The cupboard has never had any proper hard charnts in it since Fitz's reign. Perhaps Wade.

Sadly, I feel this is all true.

I remember at the end of last season feeling pessimistic on our chances this year for similar reasons.
Fitzy's comments about this year being about "improvement from within", coupled with early season form, papered over all of that.
Maybe he's right, I thought.

Nope.
We need new blood, and fast.
AFB is a good start, but after him the rest of the pack are pretty much "meh".

At full strength we are good enough to beat most sides, but still nowhere near being at the level of the big guns.
And, as you point out, there's pharque all in the way of players coming through that are going to change that.

On top of all that, the squad just doesn't have that ruthlessness about them.
As a club, we never do.
It doesn't matter who the players or coaching staff are, we just never have that attitude.
I don't know what it is.
Too many enablers hanging around slapping players on the back?

Reactions: PJ

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sadly, I feel this is all true.

I remember at the end of last season feeling pessimistic on our chances this year for similar reasons.
Fitzy's comments about this year being about "improvement from within", coupled with early season form, papered over all of that.
Maybe he's right, I thought.

Nope.
We need new blood, and fast.
AFB is a good start, but after him the rest of the pack are pretty much "meh".

At full strength we are good enough to beat most sides, but still nowhere near being at the level of the big guns.
And, as you point out, there's pharque all in the way of players coming through that are going to change that.

On top of all that, the squad just doesn't have that ruthlessness about them.
As a club, we never do.
It doesn't matter who the players or coaching staff are, we just never have that attitude.
I don't know what it is.

Too many enablers hanging around slapping players on the back?

I agree. I think we need a mongrel back rower/prop, hooker and an X factor half (good luck with that Sharks). By mongrel I want a confrontational, hard arsed, lunatic. Someone other teams are looking at. I don't think AFB is a mongrel. He's a metre eating worker who is a threat due to his size and workrate.

Not sure the side is ever at full strength. By that I mean even if the best 17 are picked there's always that
doubt that several are going into games unfit, unhealthy or both. That's probably true for all clubs but others seem to cope better with that or have better depth to cover.

Maybe too many enablers. Possibly too many self enabling.

Craigshark

First Grade
I didn’t rate Nathan brown a year or two when parramatta didn’t want him.. I’d happily take him now. Changes the game for the better every time he comes on for manly. Has a go and others follow. Too many nice guys in our lot.

PJ

First Grade
The coaches can't go out and make the decisions right. They can go out and ice the opportunities for the players. They can't make their tackles, make their runs, make their passes or catch the ball for the players.

So all they can do is prep the team. Is that the problem? Is the prep off? That is squarely on the coaching staff.

Sure there may be adversity from time to time but the best teams look that in the eye and say "get phuqued adversity, you're not in our plans"

Nice guys finish last. They have to get away from this luvey duvey tripe they go on with and make blatantly obvious is their main focus.

We're back to the days I hated when mediocrity was acceptable. There's no hard edge on the field. No old fashioned killer.

"We won't back down" - what a joke. They should be ashamed to have adopted that song. They back down weekly.

How about they adopt Todd Rundgren's song "Can we still be friends"

Softcocks

Zero consequences and they know. Not getting dropped (or at least they know it will be a token week at best), and not getting shopped for under performing.