What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

I can't begin to say how very sad I was to hear of the passing of Mark Hollis from the band Talk Talk.

I'm a big music fan in general but as a kid I got a couple of Talk Talk's tapes and they're an indelible part of my youth.

With five albums and a B-sides collection, go check them out.

Most noted for It's My Life (covered by No Doubt in 2003), I can't think of a dud song these guys did.

After a record label squabble in the late 80's, Talk Talk disbanded and Mark pretty much just retired, unwilling to compromise himself or his art, and looked after his family.

64 isn't old either, so, RIP Mark and condolences to your family. Your talent will be (and has been) sorely missed.

Zoidberg

First Grade
The Prodigy front man Keith Flint found dead at 49.
Not the biggest fan of their music but quite a few truly kick arse songs I still love listening to.
RIP

mackdadday

Juniors
The Prodigy front man Keith Flint found dead at 49.
Not the biggest fan of their music but quite a few truly kick arse songs I still love listening to.
RIP

Another suicide to add to the list. Shit they knew how to make pumping music. Never grew bored of them in the last 25 years. Cheers for the beats, Keith!

Zoidberg

First Grade
Luke Perry, figment of all our younger years, star of 90210, dead at 52. RIP.
From a stroke at 52, far too young. Always saw him as “the cool guy” from 90210 after watching that when I was young. I enjoyed his Fifth Element and Buffy (movie) roles too.
RIP

nöyd

Staff member
Not a Prodigy fan by any stretch but well aware of their work nonetheless. Missus saw them at a BDO and swears it took her months to recover. I will always remember how the video for Breathe unsettled me, yet I couldn’t look away.

rip Keith Flint.

Not ashamed to say I was an avid watcher of 90210 back in the day, this one left a lump in the throat when I read about it this morning.

rip Luke Perry.

nöyd

Staff member
Geoff Harvey from pretty much every Aussie TV show produced by channel 9 that had need for a music soundtrack and a studio audience has passed away.

He was 83 years young.

RIP Maestro.

985eaed3c3168607adb9c3784926e5ce

horrie hastings

First Grade
Peggy Lipton, star of The Mod Squad has passed away from cancer aged 72, she also starred in Twin Peaks but I only remember her from The Mod Squad back in the late 60s and early 70s.