What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

horrie hastings

First Grade
What he just released another album...I want to be a rooster fan not....rip Doug

I was just reading earlier tonight on somewhere he was going to perform in the next few weeks, then just saw on the news he passed away. Honestly i had forgotten about Roosterman until you just mentioned it.

Oh wow, a big one today ... Yaphett Kotto.

Alien, Running Man, Live and Let Die, Midnight Run, Freddy’s Dead, Homicide Life on the Streets.

Very distinctive actor. Was in the running for Jean Luc Picard apparently.

RIP6F99EDFA-5F93-4C81-B96C-FA269B20C16B.jpeg

Doug Parkinson has passed away @ 74.

Mate of mine told me yesterday that he and a bunch of other old rockers were to perform at Thebarton (Adelaide) this weekend. I remember him as a kid, big guy huge hair booming voice..

Doug Parkinson dies aged 74 (smh.com.au)

383226dc9a2f0a44ed4da71cf8cd5a8a

horrie hastings

First Grade
Doug Parkinson has passed away @ 74.

Mate of mine told me yesterday that he and a bunch of other old rockers were to perform at Thebarton (Adelaide) this weekend. I remember him as a kid, big guy huge hair booming voice..

Doug Parkinson dies aged 74 (smh.com.au)

383226dc9a2f0a44ed4da71cf8cd5a8a

Yes, i was about to go to bed and the it came up on the news on Monday night so posted it straight away, was a bit shocked by it as i had just read about the gig coming up in Adelaide, i posted the clip to Dear Prudence but General Zod reminded me of his rugby league song.

Yes, i was about to go to bed and the it came up on the news on Monday night so posted it straight away, was a bit shocked by it as i had just read about the gig coming up in Adelaide, i posted the clip to Dear Prudence but General Zod reminded me of his rugby league song.

ah sorry mate I didnt check the previous page here. I actually thought he passed on Tuesday but was earlier.

Sadly, George Segal has passed away.

For me, George inhabits a period in film, of 70s like Elliott Gould, George Segal, Burt Reynolds and Ryan O'Neal. I think it's because of Fun With Dick and Jane and The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox that my old man had on Betamax.

But it was Segal's roles in Just Shoot Me and The Goldbergs in later life that I remember him most.

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 11.37.35 am.png

Mark B

Juniors

For me, George inhabits a period in film, of 70s like Elliott Gould, George Segal, Burt Reynolds and Ryan O'Neal. I think it's because of Fun With Dick and Jane and The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox that my old man had on Betamax.

But it was Segal's roles in Just Shoot Me and The Goldbergs in later life that I remember him most.

View attachment 46896
Loved him in Just Shoot Me. Last I saw of him was as a neat little cameo as Murray Bernstein in Entourage. There are some great actors from the 70’s and 80’s who are passing away.

View attachment 46896

I was waiting for a connecting flight in melbourne a few months ago and there was a movie on daytime tv at the gate. Was called Carbon Copy... I recognised a young George Segal instantly, and also another famous actor in what turned out to be his first role.. Denzel Washington.

CC.jpg

Jim Rockford

Bench
I was waiting for a connecting flight in melbourne a few months ago and there was a movie on daytime tv at the gate. Was called Carbon Copy... I recognised a young George Segal instantly, and also another famous actor in what turned out to be his first role.. Denzel Washington.

CC.jpg
Carbon Copy. I haven't seen that movie in a very long time. You've inspired me to dig out my old VHS copy that's floating around somewhere.

Carbon Copy. I haven't seen that movie in a very long time. You've inspired me to dig out my old VHS copy that's floating around somewhere.

Haha! Gotta love VHS..

And like many old movies such as this - I love the car. And always wonder where it is today... no doubt this one is rusting away in some paddock or crushed into a cube long long ago..

Jim Rockford

Bench
may I ask what you’ve got in your garage?

I’m a classic car nut, all kinds. I’ve got a 1979 BMW e21.
Yeah, I'm always happy to talk about my car. It's a 1969 RS Camaro (with a 350). I got it in LA and had it shipped over here. It's actually the third Camaro I've owned. In the early 90s I had a 1967 (with a 327). Great car but it had been done up by the guy I got it from and I wanted something more original. Then when I lived in LA in the late 90s I had a 1976 (with a 350). Then i got the one I have now which I've had for about 20 years. My desire to own first generation Camaros came after I saw the movie Better Off Dead in the mid 80s. If I didn't own a Camaro my next choice would probably be a Dodge Charger or Challenger.

EEA873A9-10CC-4645-8C96-0923CE3F0910.jpeg 819F69B2-ADFF-4863-BB6B-19AC7BA358A9.jpeg Jessica Walter, 80

Was the voice of Archer’s mum in Archer. The voice of Fran Sinclair in the 1990s show Dinosaurs. Was also in Arrested Development.

Long acting career. Passed in her sleep. RIP