What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

With the rain and iso, watched a whole heap of different Foo Fighters things from over the years. Interviews, clips, hosting RAGE type stuff.
Taylor Hawkins (and Dave Grohl) always came across as cool, easy going guys who were fun to listen to, big stars who acted like ‘one of us’ and fans of music as well as musos.
It’s kinda sad that I was listening to them on the radio the other day, and how they’d been in iso and the Covid world we’ve lived with for two years. It was a bright spot and so good to see bands touring again. I know plenty of people with tickets for December and they’re gutted.
We’ve lost a really cool dude. I’m really sad for Taylor’s family and friends but also Dave Grohl who has lost his bosom buddy, band mate. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the end of FF but who knows.
All in all, I’m just glum. Nostalgic, retrospective. Foo Fighters debut in 1995 was me, first year uni, post Nirvana and youthful, loving life. Taylor Hawkins has been with them since 1997. 25 years of great tunes and fun times.
Thank you and Rest In Peace.

nöyd

Staff member
With the rain and iso, watched a whole heap of different Foo Fighters things from over the years. Interviews, clips, hosting RAGE type stuff.
Taylor Hawkins (and Dave Grohl) always came across as cool, easy going guys who were fun to listen to, big stars who acted like ‘one of us’ and fans of music as well as musos.
It’s kinda sad that I was listening to them on the radio the other day, and how they’d been in iso and the Covid world we’ve lived with for two years. It was a bright spot and so good to see bands touring again. I know plenty of people with tickets for December and they’re gutted.
We’ve lost a really cool dude. I’m really sad for Taylor’s family and friends but also Dave Grohl who has lost his bosom buddy, band mate. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the end of FF but who knows.
All in all, I’m just glum. Nostalgic, retrospective. Foo Fighters debut in 1995 was me, first year uni, post Nirvana and youthful, loving life. Taylor Hawkins has been with them since 1997. 25 years of great tunes and fun times.
Thank you and Rest In Peace.
Driving to work this morning and Wheels came on the radio, sounds different, bittersweet now knowing obviously what we know, and then at work Learn to Fly comes on and again it's just an uneasy feeling, almost a "crook in the guts" type of feeling. When EVH passed I didn't want to listen to his stuff for a period of time, looks like I'll be giving Foo Fighters a wide berth for a little while. Funny thing is the first thing I did on Saturday when I heard about Taylor, was jump on youtube and give this little classic a spin:

Knowing/hearing how hard Kurt's death was on Dave, I'd be surprised if we'll see or hear from him in quite some time.

nöyd

Staff member
The Metro Theatre in Chicago

u7jm4v8dtzp81.jpg