What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

horrie hastings

First Grade
Not sure how i missed this one but Stella Stevens who starred in The Poseidon Adventure and Flamingo Road passed away last week from Alzheimer’s aged 84.

Not sure how i missed this one but Stella Stevens who starred in The Poseidon Adventure and Flamingo Road passed away last week from Alzheimer’s aged 84.

I wasn’t sure if she was Ernest’s wife, the ex prostitute?

I liked Shelly Winters in that movie.

As a child I went to see all the great matinee movies. The Inferno, the train crash one, big foot, dinosaurs. Star Wars, grease etc.

But I haven’t seen a movie for ages.

We’ve got the Netflix thing and the last series I watched in full was el chapo. I heard he didn’t like how he was portrayed.

I met an ex prostitute this week. Nothing to show for all that work. Very sad Horrie.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I wasn’t sure if she was Ernest’s wife, the ex prostitute?

I liked Shelly Winters in that movie.

As a child I went to see all the great matinee movies. The Inferno, the train crash one, big foot, dinosaurs. Star Wars, grease etc.

But I haven’t seen a movie for ages.

We’ve got the Netflix thing and the last series I watched in full was el chapo. I heard he didn’t like how he was portrayed.

I met an ex prostitute this week. Nothing to show for all that work. Very sad Horrie.

Yep she played Linda Rogo, Ernest's Borgnine's wife and ex prostitute in the movie.
The discussion came up when i was talking about you know you are definitely getting older when some of the movies that you grew up with most of the cast have passed on now, The Towering Inferno and Earthquake were mentioned as they were the two block buster movies out at the time when i was 12 years old, then we talked about the Poseidon Adventure and i said about Gene Hackman and the person said he is dead and i said no he is not so i checked to make sure and sure enough he was still alive and 93, i said i will check out how old Stella Stevens was as i thought she and Pamela sue Martin and Eric Shea would be the only ones alive now apart from Gene Hackman and then when i checked it said she had passed away on the 17th February.

nöyd

Staff member
RIP Tom Sizemore, 61.

Just a handful of movies that I personally remember him from throughout the 90's and 00's

Point Break
Passenger 57
Heat
Striking Distance
Heart and Souls

and of course

Saving Private Ryan
Black Hawk Down

tom_sizemore.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade
The first three in this clip slipped under the radar for me
Melinda Dillon ( Close Encounters )
Adam Rich ( Eight is enough )
Robert Blake ( Barreta )

King hit

Coach
5 weeks after granny passed grandad passed away on Saturday morning at the age of 100.

Born in 1922 in Texas QLD he left school at 12 to run the family farm. Growing up in the depression he took nothing for granted. Served in the pacific in WW2 and ran a successful business in the bush until retirement which he spent travelling and family love with his 4 children, 11 grandchildren (treasured his 2 grandsons) im the only boy with 5 sisters, and 4 great grandchildren. On the contrary to granny seemed to be clueless about sport. I used to joke about how he was so old north Sydney were premiers in his lifetime he would never get it.

here is to a life well lived rip grandad a terrific century

I remember late 80s early 90s travelling to work in the car and laughing my head off, watching the car drivers and all we’ll be laughing at the same time…
I was at boarding school 1989-1994. While Doug was on Triple M (then his tv show), it was compulsive listening. Literally every radio tuned in, blaring away and laughter all around.
He was so cheeky, with all that innuendo. Of that era of Kenny Everett and The Goodies etc, just a hoot. Even yesterday the Ms were playing old recordings and I literally thought they could replay ten years of Mulray instead of Molloy and MG and they’d do better.

Latest posts