What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Season Tournament

nick87

Coach
There is not enough games on the schedule for the NRL to have a low interest part of the year
the reason the NBA in season tournament works is because they play 82 f**king games! Its too many and half of them dont really matter, which is why superstars sit out game regularly for rest.

NRL like the NFL is a collision sport, and as such there is only so many games you can play, so the schedules are always going to be short and when you have smaller schedules every game matters.

The NBA in season tournament isn't a knockout. It is just a new comp within the regular comp.

I just say it is specifically designed by the NBA due to a time of the season that interest does drop a bit and I am saying we have the same problem around origin time of year.

The NRL would be nuts to not look into what it is all about and how they (the NBFingA) have researched (probably spending tens of millions) working out something that will kick interest back up.

Actually the final of the tournament will be an extra game for the two teams whom make it. All the other games are centered around regular season games, but the final is not.

Well the NBA came up with it not me. But give it to me baby.

The NBA came up with it also as its research showed that much of the viewing casual public don't really tune into games until a lot later in the season. They were trying to attract interest in the earlier part of the season. They have an 82 game regular season, the NRL has a 24 game regular season by comparison, so there is not quite that sluggishness of viewers for the early part of the NRL season.

Additionally, if you tried playing it during rep periods, that would mean having games where clubs would be missing players due to rep selection, which would negate any notion of attracting people to it. People don't want to watch reserve grade caliber games.

blue bags

First Grade
Commonwealth Bank Cup
Funny you mention the Commonwealth cup
Cause I was thinking the same
Me and my team won the Commonwealth cup
At Leichhardt oval 😊
Against the odds
Against raging Hot favourites
With our NRL player coach
We went the All the way

T-Boon

Coach
Funny you mention the Commonwealth cup
Cause I was thinking the same
Me and my team won the Commonwealth cup
At Leichhardt oval 😊
Against the odds
Against raging Hot favourites
With our NRL player coach
We went the All the way
What team year? I’ve been watching a lot of the finals on YouTube over the last 6 months.