What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

in the Leader tomorrow

Minh

First Grade
If Hornby goes at the end of 2012 we need a half back. If Moltzen was to stay at the Tigers for 2012 and play half back then have to honour the last 2 years of the Dragons contract he will have done a great apprenticeship for us assuming that the tigers play him there. We can cover fullback next year Ok.

I think if he plays for the Tigers his contract with us will become null and void, but wouldn't it be great if we can just pawn him the way the Tigers are trying to do to us and if Tiny Tim didn't play well we can say we don't want him and if he played well we say bring him here, you are still contracted to us.

The Nick

Bench
I suggest you actually go back over the years and look at how Vidot played. In his debut season he was talked up as a potential candidate for QLD. Last year apparently he had personal issues which saw him not get picked in 1st grade, it wasn't talent related. If he can turn around his mental issues he's a very damaging ball runner who still has plenty of years on his side, he's only 21 and he's a very big unit with some great speed and footwork.

I can't believe the criticism he cops by some of our fans, realistically he isn't a marquee signing but he certainly has the potential to be if he works on some of his flaws. He scored about 16-18 tries in 2010 if memory serves me correctly (finishing in the top 10 try scorers), you're not a bad finisher if you can rack up that many. I'm pretty sure he ended up on an equal amount as Nightingale in a premiership winning season. In 09 he only missed out on scoring a try in 2 of his games from 8.

I think you'll probably find these are the same experts who complained when we signed Michael Weyman. They all ate their words after Rd 1 2009, but now they're back at it.

For the record, some of you might remember that Vidot turned down the opportunity to play with Samoa after the 2009 season after the QRL gave him a tap on the shoulder and whisper in the ear that he should keep himself eligible for the QLD Origin side.

He was also selected for QLD's Emerging Origin squad at the start of 2010 by some old fool named Wayne Bennett. I don't know if this Wayne character knows anything about talent, but let's just see how Daniel Vidot goes in 2012 before we dismiss him completely.

Mr Red

First Grade
give us Blake Ayshford in a swap for Moltzen and then we'll talk... :)

but in reality the dragons should be counting their lucky stars in investing 280k on a player which we dont need, we have enough utility backs... let moltzen walk away..
use the free cash to aggressively pursue a halfback option... one with some creativity and a kicking game ...

possm

Coach
I agree with Mr Red. The Dragons problem is at halfback and Carney is the answer to our problem. No better time to sign him.

No. We do not sign the Mitch Brown's of the world. This whole issue is a critical test for Doust. If the Bennett era was just a blip and we're right back to the future, then we're happy with Brown and Doust will be out on the p**s at Northie's with Pricey. But if the Bennett era was a genuine period of transition in which the club staked it's rightful claim as a superpower of the NRL, then Doust will fight this mediocre second rate team all the way. And if we lose, we lose. But we do not accept a reserve grader like Mitch Brown, who is no advance on the Bronx Goodwin we've already got, as a replacement for a utility who has been factored into provide important cover for 2012. We keep the cap open and we get Dugan or Cronk in 2013. They are the calibre of player that belongs at St George.

Doust, the ball is in your court and we are watching what you do. Remember the pressure you were under before you signed Bennett back in 2007? Have that at the back of your mind while you fight this to the death.

blacksafake

First Grade
I think he goes ok he would be a good back up & lets face it whom would you prefer him or reece simmonds ENOUGH SAID.

Father Ted

First Grade
No. We do not sign the Mitch Brown's of the world. This whole issue is a critical test for Doust. If the Bennett era was just a blip and we're right back to the future, then we're happy with Brown and Doust will be out on the p**s at Northie's with Pricey. But if the Bennett era was a genuine period of transition in which the club staked it's rightful claim as a superpower of the NRL, then Doust will fight this mediocre second rate team all the way. And if we lose, we lose. But we do not accept a reserve grader like Mitch Brown, who is no advance on the Bronx Goodwin we've already got, as a replacement for a utility who has been factored into provide important cover for 2012. We keep the cap open and we get Dugan or Cronk in 2013. They are the calibre of player that belongs at St George.

Doust, the ball is in your court and we are watching what you do. Remember the pressure you were under before you signed Bennett back in 2007? Have that at the back of your mind while you fight this to the death.

Beware the Forum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkz9fWAPu3c&feature=related
Homage to Adrian

Last edited:

New_Era

Juniors
Well Said.

MITCH BROWN ~~~~ Are you kidding me, This kid is going nowhere.

Tim Moltzen is a Super young Talent who is ready to go. In our Team he could be Better than Darius.

Sure he aint as strong as Darius but the kid has much better vision and instincs than Darius.

He can play both sides of the Park as well .

Also backs up his forwards and Supports.

He is Way too valuable to let the tigers off scott free.

If DOUST TAKES BROWN AND LETS MOLTZEN OFF THE HOOK, then he is a Bigger fool than I think.

Take Jacob Miller, the New Fullback they have in the 20's, Plus Aaron Woods. Thats a Fair Trade.

Surely you can't just "take" their players, you have to sign them, only if you want them. Not just take the player they want to give us. Taking Brown = giving them what they want.

And from what I hear you need to make sure they have a written release as well.....

gypsy

Bench
I think you'll probably find these are the same experts who complained when we signed Michael Weyman. They all ate their words after Rd 1 2009, but now they're back at it.

For the record, some of you might remember that Vidot turned down the opportunity to play with Samoa after the 2009 season after the QRL gave him a tap on the shoulder and whisper in the ear that he should keep himself eligible for the QLD Origin side.

He was also selected for QLD's Emerging Origin squad at the start of 2010 by some old fool named Wayne Bennett. I don't know if this Wayne character knows anything about talent, but let's just see how Daniel Vidot goes in 2012 before we dismiss him completely.

Rubbish.

I don't think anyone would have questioned Weyman on ability, when at the Raiders. He just had an absolute nightmare of a time with injury. Also, those people with concerns wouldn't have ate their words after Rd 1 2009.....what a ridiculous statement. They would've ate their words when he got through his first season pretty injury free. I dare say ability wouldn't have been among any of those people's concerns.

The difference with Vidot is for all the people saying he is a centre, he is a winger, simple as that. Like other people have said, it will take more than a few people on here trying to pump up his tyres to change my mind. Especially since those people would have probably seen the same amount or less of Vidot than I have. Like the other guys said as well though, I'm happy to be proven wrong, but it won't be on here.

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Rubbish.

I don't think anyone would have questioned Weyman on ability, when at the Raiders. He just had an absolute nightmare of a time with injury. Also, those people with concerns wouldn't have ate their words after Rd 1 2009.....what a ridiculous statement. They would've ate their words when he got through his first season pretty injury free. I dare say ability wouldn't have been among any of those people's concerns.
LOL you clearly weren't around these parts in 2008 :lol:

The difference with Vidot is for all the people saying he is a centre, he is a winger, simple as that. Like other people have said, it will take more than a few people on here trying to pump up his tyres to change my mind. Especially since those people would have probably seen the same amount or less of Vidot than I have. Like the other guys said as well though, I'm happy to be proven wrong, but it won't be on here.

He has speed, size, footwork and a handy offload. Played alot of his juniors in the centers. He can definitely play center, and to be honest, he'd make a better center than a winger IMO because of his physical build.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I thought Vidot was good at the Raiders. I think no one should bag him until they see him play for us. Who knows, he might turn out to be a superstar. The kid is still young

Guvner

First Grade
Vidot played his junior rep footy at centre. But a little bit of Fullback too. He was blooded in FG by the Raiders on the wing as many young backs are. He WILL be a centre.

Breathingfire

Juniors

Agreed! What a f**king joke. Mitch Brown??? I remember the Sharks using him at fullback when they had injuries and he was a nightmare.

Minh

First Grade
No way Mitch Brown we have enough second and third stringers, we would do the Tigers a favour by taking him off their salary cap.

nontime111

Juniors
It should not even be up to Saints....

Its the damn NRL who should be stepping in!
What kind of organisation are they and leader is Gallop??

If Moltzen gets his way it will set a precedence to ANYONE who signs a contract to then just turn around and say 'NO i dont want that anymore... boo hoo...'
A contract is a contract...actually, all law is contract...and all contract is law... end of story

Molzten must honour what he signed, also, you cant reward the Tigers for what LUI did to his wife!! And then reward them by turning around and simply saying,,,oh poor things, hear have Timmy back...its just stiff biscuit!!
Miltzen signed and he has to come legally, if not on his own accord, ORDERED by the so called leader of the NRL Gallop.....
No excpetions!
:p

Latest posts