What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

in the Leader tomorrow

Firey_Dragon

Coach
If only ability was in the same ballpark we might have a fix!

I suggest you actually go back over the years and look at how Vidot played. In his debut season he was talked up as a potential candidate for QLD. Last year apparently he had personal issues which saw him not get picked in 1st grade, it wasn't talent related. If he can turn around his mental issues he's a very damaging ball runner who still has plenty of years on his side, he's only 21 and he's a very big unit with some great speed and footwork.

I can't believe the criticism he cops by some of our fans, realistically he isn't a marquee signing but he certainly has the potential to be if he works on some of his flaws. He scored about 16-18 tries in 2010 if memory serves me correctly (finishing in the top 10 try scorers), you're not a bad finisher if you can rack up that many. I'm pretty sure he ended up on an equal amount as Nightingale in a premiership winning season. In 09 he only missed out on scoring a try in 2 of his games from 8.

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
You talk of Personal and Mental issues? Elaborate please?

Apparently he had some family issues that were plaguing him in 2011 and Furner wouldn't play him as a result. It's apparently why the Raiders were happy to give him a release. I don't know exactly what they were but it wasn't his ability holding him back in 2011.

RedVDave

First Grade
wow people are being way to harsh on Brown is safe under the high ball is a very good wing/fullback (could become a centre just not as agile) not to mention he played U/19's for Australia.

Also for the record I would much rather see Stanley play 2nd row/lock he's reads in defence at centre/wing are terrible.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
wow people are being way to harsh on Brown is safe under the high ball is a very good wing/fullback (could become a centre just not as agile) not to mention he played U/19's for Australia.

Also for the record I would much rather see Stanley play 2nd row/lock he's reads in defence at centre/wing are terrible.

I don't think it's about being harsh on Brown, he's a solid player but he'd be surplus to requirements. He's very similar to a player we already have in our roster in Bronx Goodwin. Moltzen would have been purchased because of his versatility, Brown doesn't have that.

Fingerbang

Bench

Are terrible....or were terrible? How long since you seen him play to make that call?

Guvner

First Grade

Point is, we dont need him. We needed a ball playing Fullback that could cover the halves. Thats why we signed Tiny Tim.

RedVDave

First Grade
I don't think it's about being harsh on Brown, he's a solid player but he'd be surplus to requirements. He's very similar to a player we already have in our roster in Bronx Goodwin. Moltzen would have been purchased because of his versatility, Brown doesn't have that.

Well in all fairness you can never have to much depth, Bronx is a good player but is very injury prone and has played very minimal first grade in the last 2-3 years, I do agree it is a shame we are losing a halfback and not getting another in return but to be fair I would rather no half than a half who does not even want to be there.

RedVDave

First Grade
Are terrible....or were terrible? How long since you seen him play to make that call?

Since 2009 but he has only played 8 First grade games since then so the odds of anything imporving are very slim not to mention match fitness will be a concern, I would love to be proven wrong and I could very well be but I think we have 2 centres ahead of him and that opinion won't change for now.

Minh

First Grade
I wonder if we bought Chase partly to Keep Kyle from leaving?

Chase is a pretty good player in his own right, just a bit of a rough diamond when he was with us, he can certainly keep defenses on their toes, I'm sure he has matured under Bellamy.

hewi

Bench
If Hornby goes at the end of 2012 we need a half back. If Moltzen was to stay at the Tigers for 2012 and play half back then have to honour the last 2 years of the Dragons contract he will have done a great apprenticeship for us assuming that the tigers play him there. We can cover fullback next year Ok.

Latest posts