What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incompetence

Whilst the Broncs are making provisions to recruit Darius Boyd under new coach Bennett for 2015, our club still hasn't finalised it's coach for next year.

Whilst the Broncs are executing a plan to rebuild, we're waiting on a week to week performance review of Mary.

Please resign Peter Doust. You're not cut out for this.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Perhaps after last season's extensive review that brought little change, they are delving into the depths on the entire football operation with a 6 month review. When completed the team will probably have a new waterboy for 2015 & beyond. Peter Doust is simply too busy working on our strong core brand to worry about strengthening with recruitment.

BradMackay

Juniors
Its called the bradbury plan. Wait until all the other available coaches have been signed and then sign Mary for 5 years.

bottle

Coach
Whilst Brisbane are waiting on the results of an enquiry for alleged salary cap indiscretions we aren't.
Step down immediately Doust. The best you've ever been able to do is be left with a garage full of 2009 Premiership T shirts. That money would have been much better spent rorting the cap you incompetent dolt.

Muppet.

Being salary cap scandal free does qualify one for high performance.

And it's because of 'fans' like you that the outdated Boys Club of management survive.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Muppet.

Being salary cap scandal free does qualify one for high performance.

And it's because of 'fans' like you that the outdated Boys Club of management survive.

So why don't you do something about it, Subjective?

Piss and moan all you want, you are no different to others and their opinions...regardless of what they may be.
Why not get yourself elected to the board? That way you can make real changes.
The fact remains we have been a relatively 'clean' club as opposed to many. That's not from good luck.

Which poster were you before ? ;-)

bottle

Coach
Muppet indeed.

The outdated boys club of management has nothing to do with the opinions of fans of the club. It has everything to do with the voting behaviours of members of the Leagues Club. If you understood the barest minimum of corporate governance you would know that. Join the Leagues Club, vote, if you want to be a change agent.

Bleating away on a forum and/or calling for Doust to resign on same has as much effect as pissing in the wind. Keep on with it though, it gives the rest of us something to laugh at.
Similarly, carrying on deluxe about a mythical 'week to week performance review' doesn't make it so. Provide some evidence, you know, facts and stuff. Or just go on making stuff up to support your 'objective' view.

You drew the comparison to the Broncos and their 'high performance', not me. I simply referred to some actual event to show that everything isn't roses in Broncoland. Appears you don't like facts and stuff.

Btw, a handy hint, you can edit your original post. Makes you appear less stupid, even if it isn't the case.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Short of some kind of behind the scenes negotiation for a couple of forwards (prop and hooker) and maybe a centre whilst keeping an eye on Mary and canvassing coaching options, all of which I imagine are already in play. I don't have a problem with current team management.

Even on the centre option, Dugan remaining and Matt Dufty coming in next year at fullback remains feasible.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but before canning others one may get more traction with a little evidence that one actually has a clue.

Marketing and juggling needs and wants of fans with commercial realities is another matter. That kind of acumen doesn't come from the seat of your pants and perhaps outside analysis could be enlisted there. That said, it's tough out there and getting tougher. Nothing comes easily at the moment.

Minh

First Grade
After missing out on Bennett, I would rather the club not rush into any decisions until close to seasons end.

TruSaint

Referee
Muppet indeed.

The outdated boys club of management has nothing to do with the opinions of fans of the club. It has everything to do with the voting behaviours of members of the Leagues Club. If you understood the barest minimum of corporate governance you would know that. Join the Leagues Club, vote, if you want to be a change agent.

Bleating away on a forum and/or calling for Doust to resign on same has as much effect as pissing in the wind. Keep on with it though, it gives the rest of us something to laugh at.
Similarly, carrying on deluxe about a mythical 'week to week performance review' doesn't make it so. Provide some evidence, you know, facts and stuff. Or just go on making stuff up to support your 'objective' view.

You drew the comparison to the Broncos and their 'high performance', not me. I simply referred to some actual event to show that everything isn't roses in Broncoland. Appears you don't like facts and stuff.

Btw, a handy hint, you can edit your original post. Makes you appear less stupid, even if it isn't the case.

I have been one of Dousts biggest critics, as you know bottle.

In this case, I agree with you.
Its appears we went all out for Wayne, missed him and now the board needs to make a hard call. Very hard IMHO. A knee jerk reaction either way could lead to another Price era.

To the OP, mate there are some really good threads on this forum with reference to change at board level. You may want to spend some time reading those, as they are pretty detailed by people whom have actually been proactive in this area.

kit66

Bench
After missing out on Bennett, I would rather the club not rush into any decisions until close to seasons end.

That's it really, answers the first post perfectly.
We don't need to rush and Doust is doing OK.
Doust tried to get us the best coach in the universe so he's obviously trying to do the right thing. It's not his fault Bennett decided to follow his heart and it's not his fault Price ( who had Bennett's blessing ) turned out to be a dud.

gypsy

Bench
There are a lot of good, unemployed coaches out there at the moment.
There's no need to rush, and even less need to make our next coach signing a long term one.

Dragonbaal

Juniors
Whilst the Broncs are making provisions to recruit Darius Boyd under new coach Bennett for 2015, our club still hasn't finalised it's coach for next year.

Whilst the Broncs are executing a plan to rebuild, we're waiting on a week to week performance review of Mary.

Please resign Peter Doust. You're not cut out for this.

While i am definitely not an advocate for Doust, i think it is a bit harsh to compare what our club are doing compared to what the the broncos are doing-Firstly, they are a privately owned club and the owners are the ones who make the decisions, so if they want bennett, they got bennett, courtesy of Lachlan Murdoch-where is the comparison here to the dragons?

If they want boyd, they will most likely get him, again, they have the money and the scope to skate under the radar as they have since the salary cap was in-however, judging by the latest news, maybe they have finally been caught with their pants down.

hardbaby

Coach
That's it really, answers the first post perfectly.
We don't need to rush and Doust is doing OK.
Doust tried to get us the best coach in the universe so he's obviously trying to do the right thing. It's not his fault Bennett decided to follow his heart and it's not his fault Price ( who had Bennett's blessing ) turned out to be a dud.

Doust is most assuredly not doing "ok". He is a fat, useless merkin and is ruining one of the greatest passions in my life. He should be circumsized at the neck.

hardbaby

Coach
Can i place an order for a Dragons 2014 premiership t-shirt?

Sadly yes you can. But if you walk into the leagues club to buy one you will find that the doorman supports the Rabbits and doesn't know what day the Dragons play and the girl behind the counter describes the football operation as " a separate entity and nothing to do with us". Good luck trying to buy one.