What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

India tour of West Indies Jul-Aug 2023

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kicks off tomorrow (tonight) at midnight with a two test series

Followed by 3 x ODI and only 5 T20s...

West Indies will have a debutant named Alick Athanaze (wait till he faces Tongue), highly praised by Brian Lara

And Mr Rohit wanting what I think (im guessing) every nation would like too.

'This team will fight to win championships'​

Rohit was faced once again with a question of why they were unable to win the Test championship despite making the finals both times it was played and in a moment of exasperation he hinted that India did not have their best team to play with in 2023. Jasprit Bumrah (back) and Pant (knee) were missing due to serious injuries.

"Firstly I want everyone to be available. All my players who are there I want them to be available 100%. I don't want any injuries, anything. The second thing is, we've not crossed the line in a long time but I feel that as long as we keep ticking the boxes, we keep playing good cricket and we keep doing the right things, it will fall into place. Over the years we've done a lot of good things. Just that sometimes you want luck to be on your side as well. Over the last five six years we've played consistent cricket. We've probably won everywhere. But yeah, winning championships are more important. But I believe that until we get that championship we'll be fighting hard for it."

TheParraboy

Staff member
India not playing bazzball?
2/312 - 113 overs RR 2.76
lead WI by 162

21yo kid made his debut for india 143*
Remember the name Yashasvi Jaiswal

Only played 15 FC games Average of 80.21 with 9 tons

1689301645203.png

Fangs

Coach
Windies are a sad bunch these days. At least they had some upside in the 2000s and could still win against the best teams.