What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

India vs Pakistan - Game 1

_goParra

Juniors
TheParraboy said:
oh yeah the match is a huge joke, I agree

I guess playing India these days, they have to assure their market is looked after by guaranteeing the game is played for 5 days :roll:

I hope we dont go back to the good ole days of seeing more draws than results in test cricket

What a load of crap.... parraboy.

I agree that the pitch is crap, but you have to consider that a day & half was lost to rain and bad light.

India did not prepare the pitch... was done by the pakis mate. Its not India's fault that they are chasing 680 runs and have lost almost 2 days play to rain and bad light. They have only batted for 75 overs, yet their innings started on second day before tea.

IF the weather was good, there would have been a result in this match.

If you look back in the last 5-10 years the number of draws involving India are very very less, only second to Australia.

Its not India's fault that the Pakis prepare a road of pitch.

_goParra said:

I agree that the pitch is crap, but you have to consider that a day & half was lost to rain and bad light.

India did not prepare the pitch... was done by the pakis mate. Its not India's fault that they are chasing 680 runs and have lost almost 2 days play to rain and bad light. They have only batted for 75 overs, yet their innings started on second day before tea.

If you look back in the last 5-10 years the number of draws involving India are very very less, only second to Australia.

I don't think there would be a result if they played 6 full days of cricket. When a pitch is like this it is so easy for a side just to occupy the crease if neccessary. When you get set 680 you are not really going to declare unless you have about 750 on the board. And the Pakis aren't then going to make a sporting declaration on a piitch like this given the rate of scoring of sehwag in the first innings. It's a joke of a match they should just call it a draw now.

The funny thing is though, if the Pakis had of prepared a good bowling deck they would have had much more chance of winning the game with their pace attack. The Indian pace attack couldn't use a good bowling deck like the pakis could.

_goParra

Juniors
Dude, you would expect the pitch to start crumble as the match progress, making batting more difficult. But the lost time and the weather does not allow this.

I fail to understand why the PCB would go for a pitch like this. I mean this is peak winter in pakistan, that means there will always be time lost to bad light and dew.
This would have been perfect for a seaming pitch, but I guess the PCB would rather draw than take a risk of losing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pakistan have the better bowling attack and are a better chance to beat India on a sporting pitch.

India have some class batsmen, but I can't see them getting 20 wickets.

I think Pakis have shot themselves in the foot here.

_goParra said:
Dude, you would expect the pitch to start crumble as the match progress, making batting more difficult. But the lost time and the weather does not allow this.

I fail to understand why the PCB would go for a pitch like this. I mean this is peak winter in pakistan, that means there will always be time lost to bad light and dew.
This would have been perfect for a seaming pitch, but I guess the PCB would rather draw than take a risk of losing.

Pitches in Pakistan don't tend to deteriorate like they do here and in other places around the world. Do you remember the 331* tubby scored in Pakistan? That pitch held up beatifully throughout that match and eventually it was a draw. There are some pitches where when 2 quality sides come together, there is no possibility of a result, and this falls into that category.

TheParraboy

Staff member
_goParra said:

Its not indias fault?, dude do some research before mouthing off

the indian market is massive,
How much of a cut do you think PCA would be getting from India by hosting India ? You dont know why the wicket is crap ? think harder

Like when India was in Australia, No Perth test match, kinda weird huh ?
and all the others were great for batting, all tests went way into the 5th day 2 draws, 2 results.

Expect to see similar wickets crop up around eg Perth

and a result in this match if it wasnt for weather??? oh please :roll:

_goParra

Juniors
TheParraboy said:

How much of a cut do you think PCA would be getting from India by hosting India ? You dont know why the wicket is crap ? think harder

and all the others were great for batting, all tests went way into the 5th day 2 draws, 2 results.

Dude you have to do the research first.
When India last toured Australia (2003/2004) there was no perth test match due to the fact that Australia played Zimbots at perth before the India series.
When was the last time an Australian pitch was fast bowler friendly. Australian pitches in the last 10 years have been batting pitches with little or no assistance to bowlers.
The reason Australia won all those games is "Shane Warne" and "Glenn McGrath" two great and out standing bowlers who can get anyone out in any conditions.
Take these two out, there would have been a lot more draws in Australia over the last 10 years.
For the India series McGrath was injured and Warne suspended (I dont think warne would have made a difference to India anyway).
McGrath's absence was THE KEY reason for India's performance that series, not the absence of a perth test. I am certain had McGrath been available for the series, Australia would have won 4-0.
For that matter what happened in the Ashes, McGrath does not play England wins. Simple.
For the last 10 years the mantra of Australian Cricket is simple, perfect batting tracks (good scores to Australia) and then let loose McGrath and Warne on the hapless Oponnents.
India generates more that half of world cricket's revenue. But that does not depend on them winning every match. 3 years ago India struggled to win abroad, but the ratings were still huge and earned huge revenues.
To suggest that pitches in pakistan are changed to ensure India does not lose is utter bullsh**t. The ratings are huge whether India lost or win.

Iafeta

Referee
TheParraboy said:

Its all a conspiracy I tells ya. Poor you, I can't imagine how you sleep at night with all the cricket world conspiracies that must race through your mind.

Mr Saab

Referee
my bad too. It was 334 not out. For some reason i was thinking about graham gooch and his 333.

Panjabi

Juniors
TheParraboy said:
I guess playing India these days, they have to assure their market is looked after by guaranteeing the game is played for 5 days :roll:

Broadcast rights albeit a huge turnover for the Board of Cricket In India, is not the only source of revenue.
Nike has signed a 5 year deal with the Indian Cricket team valued at $27.12M/year far greater than current deals with the Brazillian National Football Side, Juventus, Chelsea or Man Utd.

The reason this match will meander to a draw is simple, a batting paradise, Pakistan's huge total, and the inability of the Pakistan team to get any wickets thus far.

Panjabi

Juniors
Twizzle said:
Pakistan have the better bowling attack and are a better chance to beat India on a sporting pitch.

India have some class batsmen, but I can't see them getting 20 wickets.

India managed to get 7 wickets in the first innings, Pakistan couldn't buy one in the last two days.

I would also dispute that Pakistan have a better bowling attack, with Kumble and Singh definte match winners and Pathan having all the characteristics that would make him a success on Pakistani wickets, Wasim Akram is his mentor afterall.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
But he ain't no Wasim.

40 wickets were never going to happen.

Hope G.Chappell has a book to read.

Cletus

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
my bad too. It was 334 not out. For some reason i was thinking about graham gooch and his 333.

He stopped boring us all when he equalled The Don.

Latest posts