What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ingles

powell the tuquiri lookalike. hopefully he keeps up the energy that he brings. geesh he was running everywhere. good pickup to replace our nba player.

jet23

Juniors
the two breakers imports really got the crowd pumped up especially powell and yes, he is a tuqiri look-a-like..imagine how much better the breakers could have been if they were able to sign up ingles..ingles is the inglis of the nbl i reckon :lol: *sorry, can't help it*

jet23

Juniors
douglasallen91 said:
point guard idol didn't do that well, wasn't ingles one of the ones that didn't make it for the breakers.

Nah, ingles didn't take part in point guard idol..the breakers tried recruiting him in the off-season but he turned them down and signed for the dragons instead..darragh played very limited minutes last night

Iafeta

Referee
Carlos Powell was outstanding in the game. He'll add to a real good team spirit I reckon. Others who stood up Wethers obviously, Ben Pepper turned it all around for us in the 3rd quarter winning his ding dong dual with the Yank, Mika Vikuna made some clutch plays, and even the big bloke who used to play for Cairns was quite effective in the role he played.

But for the Breakers to be any real threat Paul Henare really needs to lift his offensive game. He's not good enough shooting from outside, nor at taking it inside and laying up, and he's no John Stockton in passing ability. At times I wonder whether he is in essence the most over-rated player in New Zealand basketball history.

The other aspect the Breakers have to improve on is their D, particularly their permiter D. Time and time again they got exposed by clutch shooting from outside under no pressure.

Iafeta said:
Carlos Powell was outstanding in the game. He'll add to a real good team spirit I reckon. Others who stood up Wethers obviously, Ben Pepper turned it all around for us in the 3rd quarter winning his ding dong dual with the Yank, Mika Vikuna made some clutch plays, and even the big bloke who used to play for Cairns was quite effective in the role he played.

But for the Breakers to be any real threat Paul Henare really needs to lift his offensive game. He's not good enough shooting from outside, nor at taking it inside and laying up, and he's no John Stockton in passing ability. At times I wonder whether he is in essence the most over-rated player in New Zealand basketball history.

The other aspect the Breakers have to improve on is their D, particularly their permiter D. Time and time again they got exposed by clutch shooting from outside under no pressure.

the pepper/fuller battle looked pretty even too me

Iafeta

Referee
Not that 3rd quarter, where the game was decided joel. Pepper was hitting hook shots and post shots left right and centre and grabbing boards everywhere too.

He was the money man in that game, not the flashy numbers, but that 5-10 minute stint where he was near unstoppable was mighty impressive.

smithatron

Juniors
Ingles had a pretty impressive debut, and only 18 as well. Maybe a better NBA prospect than Newley. Carlos Powell looks like a breath of fresh air through the league.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Very impressive start.

If Newley thinks he can make the nba draft then theres no doubt that Ingles will.