What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis better than Gasneir .

Collateral

Coach
I think Gaz will end up back in the centres if Williams matures next year. Although if Gaz stays at 5/8, I have no problems with Lulia being in the centres.

The Dodger

First Grade
you guys have tony caine.

once he gets well, will be very handy in the halves

ripped shiit up in flegg for us this year before he got hacked by price in his first ever first grade game...

poor bloke.

Collateral

Coach
DPG said:
you guys have tony caine.

once he gets well, will be very handy in the halves

ripped shiit up in flegg for us this year before he got hacked by price in his first ever first grade game...

poor bloke.

Doesnt he play Hooker?

Steelers4eva

Juniors
I think we have plenty of guys who can cover FB and the wings next year, both Morris', Wes and MacDougal. I think Brett Morris could actaully be a really good fullback given the chance and that would enable Head and Hornby to form a pretty lethal scrumbase pair. Leave Gaz in the centres to do what he does best, HE'S A PROVEN QUANTITY OVER MANY SEASONS AND A CLASS ACT. While I agree that Inglis does look to have some special talents, one season does not make a career and lets see how he handles the second season syndrome that seems to affect a lot of young guys.

philstorm

Juniors
Steelers4eva said:
I think we have plenty of guys who can cover FB and the wings next year, both Morris', Wes and MacDougal. I think Brett Morris could actaully be a really good fullback given the chance and that would enable Head and Hornby to form a pretty lethal scrumbase pair. Leave Gaz in the centres to do what he does best, HE'S A PROVEN QUANTITY OVER MANY SEASONS AND A CLASS ACT. While I agree that Inglis does look to have some special talents, one season does not make a career and lets see how he handles the second season syndrome that seems to affect a lot of young guys.

This is his second season. ;-)

Steelers4eva

Juniors
philstorm said:
This is his second season. ;-)

Yeh Phil, but I don't think you can base a rookie season on 1/2 a season last year... what did he play 11 or 12 games? This being his first full year at it he has really shown what he might be capable of and it will be a vastly different proposition for him being a marked or targeted man next season.

Look at Benji and what opposition coaches are managing to do to him. Send your big fella's at him time and time again and you not only take some of the sting out of his attack but you may get a real bonus and take him out of the game. Not that I think Greg will have those problems as he seems much more physically capable of handling the big guys than Benji.

Personally I hope he does go on with it as he seems like a real nice kid with loads of talent, it just worries me that they tag them with the "Superstar" tag and they hit the wall like SBW & Benji through injuries and expectations.

Father Ted

First Grade
Steelers4eva said:

I have very few doubts about Inglis . Super star waiting to happen

Steelers4eva

Juniors
Father Ted said:
I have very few doubts about Inglis . Super star waiting to happen

No arguement here Ted, I just hate the way the media pick there 'superstar of the moment' and bury them under pressure. Look at the 2 guys I have mentioned above and enough said. I hope they leave the kid alone long enough to find his way.

For a couple of years the media painted Willie Mason as a cross between the Boston Strangler and Martin Bryant. Just lately I have noticed they have softened and are starting to portray him as a kitten cuddling superhero. Now even Willie said as much on the Sunday Roast last week, and admitted he hasn't changed a thing about himself. The only thing that has changed is the medias view of him because he refused to talk to the nuffies at the Daily Smell-O-Crap after they did a hatched job on him and the dogs after the Coffs incident.

Father Ted

First Grade
True very true . No lover of the red and white or those with a certain fondness for scarlet are fooled by the self serving nonsense that lot write . Only they could have created a buch of losers and called it super league .

Steel Dragon

Bench
Father Ted said:
True very true . No lover of the red and white or those with a certain fondness for scarlet are fooled by the self serving nonsense that lot write . Only they could have created a buch of losers and called it super league .

Thats the best thing with the Dragons - we're very solid all over the park.
Theres no Benji Marshall, Billy Slater, Sonny Bill etc - who if they go down the rest of the team struggles.

Sure melbourne and canterbury are good without those guys - but not AS good.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Inglis was carving them up in the Qld Cup for ages. Anyone who saw him back then knew he was destined for bigger things.

However, I'm more worried about Cameron Smith.

Father Ted

First Grade
Willow said:
Inglis was carving them up in the Qld Cup for ages. Anyone who saw him back then knew he was destined for bigger things.

However, I'm more worried about Cameron Smith.

In the brief history of the Storm they have IMO never had a bad hooker , it's one of the positions they really work at covering .

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Father Ted said:
In the brief history of the Storm they have IMO never had a bad hooker , it's one of the positions they really work at covering .

That's a Chris Anderson legacy. He always said you could win a Premiership with a good hooker, a good half and a good prop.

Latest posts