What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis Hay???

strider

Post Whore
if hoffman knocks it forward into his own head then it goes backwards if that deemed a knock-on cos he never actually regained possession after the initial knock forward?

Parra Guru

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:
They've actually had their way with the referees all year, especially laying all over the play the ball. It was good to see them get a 50/50 call go the other way for once.

I agree. It's poetic justice really. The refs are usually very leaniant with them for some reason.

Hellsy

Immortal
And you won't hear the Bronco's complaining this week.... every team will complain after a loss
I guess there are going to be alot of differing opinions, last night I thought it was off Hoffmans arm, this morning I watched the replay and it looks like Hodges hand is in between the ball and Hoffmans arm it is then propelled into Hoffmans head. At the very least it was simultaneous.
Either way it is done and dusted now, Bronco's outplayed them

fish eel

Immortal
tough call the no try but i thought they got it right, in any case better side won, melboourne had the territory for much of the first half but didnt score, that's where they lost it

Parra Guru

Coach
Broncos push for daylight final
October 02, 2006 10:29am

BRISBANE Broncos CEO Bruno Cullen has said the AFL grand final was a better spectacle than the NRL decider, which he says needs to revert to its traditional Sunday afternoon timeslot.

The Broncos last night beat the Melbourne Storm 15-8 at Sydney's Telstra Stadium to secure the club's sixth premiership.

But Cullen today admitted he was envious of the Saturday afternoon AFL grand final between West Coast and Sydney.

"I was not embarrassed, but I was certainly very envious when I watched the AFL grand final in broad sunlight and a great pre-match spectacle," he said on ABC radio.

"Last night we went over there, you know it was dark, it was dewy and the pre-game thing wasn't all that good."

He said the club was investigating ways to convince the NRL board to bring the grand final back to Sunday afternoons.

NRL grand finals have been held on Sunday nights since 2001 at the behest of Channel 9.

"We are certainly going to get on the front foot and see if there is something we can do about it," Cullen said.

The move, he said, was a higher priority for the club than securing a home grand final.

"We'd love a grand final in Brisbane but before that we'd love a grand final in the day time," he said.

Cullen praised the Storm's performance but said the Broncos deserved their win.

"The players that have been bagged for being too old and too slow and all that sort of stuff were just too experienced and too tough for the younger Melbourne troops," he said.

"They will be a very good side in a couple of years time but we were a very good side yesterday and we won it."

He said the retirement of veteran front-rower Shane Webcke had helped motivate the Brisbane side, but that there were other factors spurring the players.

"It was very important but it was more important to Shane probably than the rest of the team," he said.

"You couldn't play it for Shane, if you like, because that would mean you lose focus on everything.

"He played a wonderful game and he was very, very happy at the end of the game that the team had delivered him the send-off he really desired."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20510121-2,00.html

Utey

Coach
I love the night games, but for some reason a day GF would be pretty awesome. I guess a lot of kids get restless after a whole day of sitting around.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'ms toked about the result.

Inglis, Smith, Slater, King and co. - Premierships will come for them.

But to me, last night was all about the one and only Shane Webcke. A true gentleman of the sport. A real legend. An inspiration to every young person in this country. And I am so happy to see he got the retirement he deserved.

We'll miss you, Shane.

bartman

Immortal
jayjayselmes said:
Problem is the NRL didnt want the storm to win. Bloody Broncoes always get their way all the time.
Just makes up for 1999, where maybe the NRL did want them to win, and every call for three weeks seemed to go their way ;-)

Latest posts