What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis is a Club Bludger.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
To get the best out of fatboy inglis, the bunnies must stick a few big mac vouchers on the ball, then you will see him asking and looking for the ball all the time!!

Lol...

I'm not sure Gringlis deserves to be singled out over some of the other Bunnies players. Was an all round crappy effort today.

On the other hand, he was up against one half of possibly the slowest and least penetrative centre pairing in the NRL.

natheel

Coach
Bunny fans trying to justify giving inglis the money he clearly doesn't deserve. His heart is clearly not in it as much as it was when he was with his mates in Melbourne. Sad but true.

eozsmiles

Bench
I've always been a bit suss on Inglis ever since Bellamy bagged him for being soft in his early origin days. Craig said that sooner or later he has to man up and play when the games aren't easy and you feel sore. It's not a good thing to hear.
Greg seems to really like playing in the same teams as his mates - Slater, Cronk, Smith, JT, Locky, Boyd, Petero. He is a gun when he plays with those guys. He also likes playing when the going is good and when their is a big prize on the line. He got fit and well for origin and normally he would be primed for a run into the semi finals now. Because that isn't going to happen this year he's clocked off.
And the blokes that are meant to get him the ball are sh!t.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bunny fans trying to justify giving inglis the money he clearly doesn't deserve. His heart is clearly not in it as much as it was when he was with his mates in Melbourne. Sad but true.
Says the Eels fan whose club is paying Sandow like he's Joey Johns. If Inglis is overpaid then wtf does that make Sandow on the money he's on with youse.

onthetryline

Juniors
You don' have a clue mate! This thread was started to spark conversation about a topic that is old and outdated. NEXT!

Mr Fourex

Bench
If your forwards don't lay a platform and get over the advantage line it doesn't matter how good your backs are,they will always struggle!
Inglis is a great player and showed it in SOO when the forwards did their job.

Simple as that!

Inglis's record speaks for itself. He's a champion

The problem he has at the bunnies is John Sutton.

John Sutton is the laziest player in the NRL. He should be let go ........it's a joke that Rusty signed him again.

Bunnies need to find a 5/8.........throw Sutton in the lower grades until he plays at least 12 games in a row at his full potential. If he can't do it....forget him. Terminate his contract.

Inglis is a centre.........at 5/8 I don't believe he has the room to move and he's not a play maker. He's an individual who can do brilliant individual things and there's the notion that he's become too big for fullback. In some ways I agree. Big NOT fat. This bullshit about him still being over weight is just that. No neck nuffys who can't think of anything else to say resort back to the ole fat GI jibes.

If Inglis gets quality ball .........he is still one of the most damaging ball runners in the game.

How long he stays at the Bunnies will remain a question. I reckon he'll be looking to get out of his last year.......if Souths continue on their shitty way.

Noa

First Grade
Breaking a cardinal rule here repsonding to Bryne-Rovelli but Inglis average runs per game is well had of the vast majority of centers in the game. A few storm fans used to rabbit on about the same thing until some-one pulled out a stat showing hed had more runs then any outside back in the comp.

Hooch

Juniors
Yeah well part of that perception is because Inglis looks lazy. I remember when Thaiday ran at him when he was looking lazy and Inglis absolutely smashed him, its not often you see Thaiday get smashed.

And part of that perception is because Inglis is pretty lazy a lot of the time, switches off and has quiet games.

seaeagle sam

You're not a fan, and you don't know much about the club. He was great against Brisbane and Manly. And he also almost missed this game due to injury. AND he's not being played in the position where his impact would be maximised.

He wasn't great in either game, he did one good thing in each of those games. Any player on 600K+ a year should look at least interested.

Matai, Lyon and Hopoate combined get less than than Inglis and they put in each week, every week and quite often play busted.

Seriously mate, the amount of money he soaks up out of your cap is disgraceful. He hinders your club more than helps.

To get the best out of fatboy inglis, the bunnies must stick a few big mac vouchers on the ball, then you will see him asking and looking for the ball all the time!!

Doubt you have any vouchers left over from your usage of Riddell,Weyman over the last few years?

He wasn't great in either game, he did one good thing in each of those games. Any player on 600K+ a year should look at least interested.

Matai, Lyon and Hopoate combined get less than than Inglis and they put in each week, every week and quite often play busted.

Seriously mate, the amount of money he soaks up out of your cap is disgraceful. He hinders your club more than helps.

I will reserve judgment until next season when he plays under a former coach of his with new a direction and fresh ideas etc.

seaeagle sam

I will reserve judgment until next season when he plays under a former coach of his with new a direction and fresh ideas etc.

That's fair enough. But if the bloke doesn't show up raring to go and fit at seasons start and isn't firing consistently by mid-season... well it's a lot of cash wasted. I'd be moving him to and keeping him at 5/8. At least try and get some value out of him.

Spot On

Coach
That's fair enough. But if the bloke doesn't show up raring to go and fit at seasons start and isn't firing consistently by mid-season... well it's a lot of cash wasted. I'd be moving him to and keeping him at 5/8. At least try and get some value out of him.

He'll be injured or recovering from surgery at the start of next season. (That's code for Greg has come back from the off season at 125kg and it will take us two months to get him fit).

natheel

Coach
Says the Eels fan whose club is paying Sandow like he's Joey Johns. If Inglis is overpaid then wtf does that make Sandow on the money he's on with youse.

Says the bunnies fan who desperately wanted sandow to stay

This is about inglis not sandow....inglis is below par this year. Admit it!!!

African Monkey

First Grade
i thought inglis was quite good on sunday and he has been very good all year. shaun berrigan showed his experience and did a very good job on him but defensively, he was probbly the only one who did anything and no tries went through him.

i know he only gets criticised because he doesn't make massive line breaks every time he touches the ball. he's only human opposition fans

Noa

First Grade
i i know he only gets criticised because he doesn't make massive line breaks every time he touches the ball. he's only human opposition fans

And this is all the criticism is based on imo. He has as many runs as any centers, gets in and takes the hit-ups, tries to lift the team defensively with huge shots, so you cant say he' doesnt get involved. Its becasue he's not going on 50m runs sheep think he's not doing his job, which is as obtuse a view as it gets.

seaeagle sam

And this is all the criticism is based on imo. He has as many runs as any centers, gets in and takes the hit-ups, tries to lift the team defensively with huge shots, so you cant say he' doesnt get involved. Its becasue he's not going on 50m runs sheep think he's not doing his job, which is as obtuse a view as it gets.

A lot of centres do this consistently and come a lot cheaper. Are you saying he does enough to earn 600,000 a season?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Says the bunnies fan who desperately wanted sandow to stay

This is about inglis not sandow....inglis is below par this year. Admit it!!!
Early in the year he wasn't at his best, but that's because of an interrupted offseason which included multiple surgeries. Since Origin 2 he's been great at both club and rep level.

Noa

First Grade
A lot of centres do this consistently and come a lot cheaper. Are you saying he does enough to earn 600,000 a season?

No, the game style needs to involve him alot more to get that much value out of him e.g. Queensland, Broncos or the Roosters.

Im just refuting those that say he doesnt get involved as much or is lazy.