What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

inglis scouted by the nfl

hellteam

First Grade
this post was meant for hellteam, i quoted the wrong post.

again read posts properly, AFL is nothing like the NFL, but its more comparable to AFL as a sport IMO, get it?

a wide receiver is pretty much a full forward, very comparable anyway, he must be able to mark or catch the ball a lot like an AFL player does, the defender of the running back pretty much does what an AFL FB does, their aim is to spoil the running back.

blockers are comparable to AFL sheparders, remember, they do tackle in the AFL too im told.

Qtr back, a QTR back sort of resembles an AFL HB, in fact the new in thing from AFL comentators is to call HBs QTR backs, AFL HBs set the play up just like a Qtr back does, obviously one throws the ball and one kicks it, but their goal is to find a target, often from long range.

punting, only the skill involved is comparable.

players run fwd of the play, not many football codes allow this, gridiron and rules do.

no offside once the play has commenced.

im sure ive missed some, so hellteam you dumb muppet, thats what i mean when i say as sports, AFL is more comparable, at the very least, only a complete imbecile like yourself would say Aussie rules has nothing in common with gridiron.

You're a joke, I'm not saying it has NOTHING in common - they use a similar shaped ball - but there is no f*ckin way that AFL is more comparable then league, get f*cked.

Seriously, why did you join here? To bring up AFL in every post you do? Well guess what, no one gives a sh*t. So go f*ck off back to wherever you came from.

nqcowboy87

Bench
a wide receiver is pretty much a full forward, very comparable anyway, he must be able to mark or catch the ball a lot like an AFL player does, the defender of the running back pretty much does what an AFL FB does, their aim is to spoil the running back.

oky doky, even though thery more cloesly resemble union/league wingers
players run fwd of the play, not many football codes allow this, gridiron and rules do.

soccer

no offside once the play has commenced.

if the qb makes it over the advantage line he can no longer pass it forward

Canard

Immortal
Well intecity has won the arguement with this statement.

Some AFL commentators have started to refer to AFL HB (whatever that is) as QB's.

Thats definitive proof right there.

On a minor side note, I think someone might have to explain the concept of offside in both Rugby League and American Football to Intecity and how no such thing exists in AFL (much like tackling really)

Latest posts