What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inheritance

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I like the idea of not taking from your parents but seriously you are living in today’s world and not looking after your children is a very foolish thing to do. My children will receive adequate knowledge far superior to average, plus Everything I have in lump sums when they need it most. Only a fool would think otherwise.
Were you given a leg up?

I have more wealth than my father ever did, but I am not a better man, different times, different results.

He fought wars, I never had to as he did.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I get what you're saying mate, but there is lots worse.
Maybe, I do lack imagination at times, I read manuals not books.

But I cannot think of ANYTHING worse than burying my daughter.

*curls up in a fetal position*

Denial is something I am good at.

AJB1102

First Grade
Maybe, I do lack imagination at times, I read manuals not books.

But I cannot think of ANYTHING worse than burying my daughter.

*curls up in a fetal position*

Denial is something I am good at.

I don't have children so I shoulda probably shut up a couple posts ago.

Maybe my imagination is better/worse.

I don't wanna delve into to horrible shit you, me or your daughter might encounter, mate.

Live life and enjoy my friend. Be kind, be helpful. Don't be a sucker.

NRLMad

Juniors
Were you given a leg up?

I have more wealth than my father ever did, but I am not a better man, different times, different results.

He fought wars, I never had to as he did.
South East Asian culture dictates so. However I have done a lot more with what I was given. I could just do nothing and wait for a long time but that’s not very smart. I think everyone should try their best and if they have truly done so - great. I think it’s important to give your children the best opportunities in life and starting out with a bit of a leg up ain’t a bad thing.

Vic Mackey

Referee
When my grandparents passed within like 9 months of each other it was like a f**king war was declared between mum and her siblings. I had the privilege of being a clueless 20-something intermediary just to get the 2nd funeral over the line which half didn't attend because they're selfish shit merkins.

Sad thing is my grandparents never made it to where their kids did. They had a modest family home and a camry when they died. Like no fortunes to be gained. Their inheritance all said and done at most a years wage and willing to lose family over it.

Was this the "Your Family Are Greedy Scum" thread?

Yep it sucks mate.

I work in real estate and have sold some houses through horrible divorces. I’m talking AVOs out on each other and security guards hired for open homes to ensure the partner doesn’t attend.

However the worst I have ever seen in people is when a parent has passed and multiple siblings start fighting over the house/money. Death threats, punch ons, insulting their brothers/sisters partners/kids. I think it feels worse because you feel it’s a time they should come together. With divorce you can kind of understand the animosity with all the hurt/kids etc however I never understand how people get so vindictive towards their own blood in these situations.

nick87

Coach
I like the idea of not taking from your parents but seriously you are living in today’s world and not looking after your children is a very foolish thing to do. My children will receive adequate knowledge far superior to average, plus Everything I have in lump sums when they need it most. Only a fool would think otherwise.

Look, im not saying i wont help them out. But im not raising them with that expectation. They are being raised with the expectations that nothing will come free and they need to grind and work their arse off to get the things they want in life.

They'll be looked after, but first and foremost they'll be raised with the skills and knowledge to look after themselves. And then anything i can provide for them is just making their life easier and nicer, not making their life.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The cats are getting the tree.

The kids can fight.

I will be dead, wish I could watch.

The tree shall endure...

f**k you all, except the boys cat, I like him.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I get you should enjoy retirement and spend if you can, but to spend it all and not leave a penny for the kids just seems pretty mean. I mean your kids probably have a greater need for it and it would give me heaps of satisfaction to get a leg up in the world.

I dont get siblings hating each other. Sure if there was some massive horroble event. But most are over some trivial shit.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
They do not need it, and will get it all, but they will sell my tree and divide it for cash then millersnose will make a car park.

I do like the cat better, well I think it adopted me as it's human.

myrrh ken

First Grade
They do not need it, and will get it all, but they will sell my tree and divide it for cash then millersnose will make a car park.

I do like the cat better, well I think it adopted me as it's human.

But whats the cat gonna buy. Surgery for another asshole just to lick?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have decided to live for 300 more years, just for the tree, will bury the cat next to it.

mongoose

Coach
The fact is it's the only way many people are ever going to afford buying a house. The economic system in this country is set up to benefit most retirees. Making sure Super investment is strong and property prices are high. So yeah don't feel guilty for accepting an inheritance.

Latest posts