What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries a blessing?

franklin2323

Immortal
I never wish anyone harm. Though have injuries been a blessing.

No Naiqama- Moylan
No Mansour- gives us a look at Robinson.
No Humble- John finally.
No Ciraldo- Docker to lock. 2 props on the bench.

No doubt, Coote, Roberts, McKendry are a loss but we know what they can do.

Randy81

Juniors
I never wish anyone harm. Though have injuries been a blessing.

No Naiqama- Moylan
No Mansour- gives us a look at Robinson.
No Humble- John finally.
No Ciraldo- Docker to lock. 2 props on the bench.

No doubt, Coote, Roberts, McKendry are a loss but we know what they can do.
I agree and it looks like a master stroke by the coach but in all honesty the injuries forced his hand.
On a very important side note, my young fella had a photo with Coote tonight and he told us that he healing well and is now expected to be back by round 20!

chrisD

Coach
John looked good first game in the 6 in a winning team, no different to Humble (actually we might have lost his first) and Coote, so I wouldn't be counting him as hatched yet.

murraymob

Coach
definatly as i was starting to think Cleary had brushed Moylan completly.But with injuries he had no choice and now he will be one of the first picked.As for Roberts most are valuing him on a trial game .He has a way to go to be a regular first grader yet

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I agree those four have stepped up and are definitely first graders now. There is no way Moylan or Docker can be dropped now surely. John had a good game and I am liking the development of Travis Robinson showing more each game.

Docker and Moylan are very good players they both look like they have been in FG for years, Moylan has exceptional skill and Docker reminds me a lot of Col Vander Voort, great work rate and hits like a hammer in defence.

Panfas

Juniors
Can T Robinson play centre? When Mansour comes back, there is no way Simmons will be the one to make way. He is in career best form IMO

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Whare
4. Robinson
5. Simmons

meek

Juniors
I think Ciraldo will walk straight back in

Ivan seems to think he has a lot to offer for some unknown reason

franklin2323

Immortal
Can T Robinson play centre? When Mansour comes back, there is no way Simmons will be the one to make way. He is in career best form IMO

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Whare
4. Robinson
5. Simmons

No defence isn't good enough. I am not so sure Mansour will come straight in. No tries got ran past him 3 tries in 3 games (2 of those games against top 4 teams). Though it's a good problem to have

Big Mick

Referee
I think Ciraldo will walk straight back in

Ivan seems to think he has a lot to offer for some unknown reason

I'm not certain about that.

At the end of last year he was fit and I believe he kept him at Windsor didn't he?

Panther Pete

Juniors
Surely our with our current crop of forwards we have seen the last of Ciraldo??? I am still really hopeful Roberts will get a run in firsts and provide some real spark to our backline.

murraymob

Coach
unless there are more injuries cant see Ciraldo getting back in.The current 17 have him covered and a place will be there for mc kendry when he returns.Add Austin and there is not a great avenue there for him

greynurse

Juniors
Whare to the centres was the best decision even though injuries made it happen. Moylans soft hands attack have been a revelation and he is handy under the high ball. Love to see Roberts in the centres and brown to the second row. We need docker in defense is to good and he is starting to gain confidence in attack reminds of whatmough.

chrisD

Coach
No defence isn't good enough. I am not so sure Mansour will come straight in. No tries got ran past him 3 tries in 3 games (2 of those games against top 4 teams). Though it's a good problem to have

He was chief offender in Toutai's run of a million tackle breaks, was solely responsible for Waqa's try and it was only luck that Scheck passed the last ball forward when he came in on SKD and ended up with no-one.

franklin2323

Immortal
I am not saying Robinson is the best defender though for the Tautoi try. He doesn't rush in like Mansour there was 5 others to also miss him. 2 tries in 3 games has been scored down that side. Compare that to early on.

I think Mansour will come in though the next 2 games may push Mansour out.

Yet Mansour the 1 you want for centres has:

Round 1. Rushes in leaving Ferguson unmarked to score untouched.
Round 3. Rushes in not once but twice to leave Merritt with a run to the line.
Round 4. Again rushes in for Gordon to score.
Round 5. Messes a kick for Lui to score.

franklin2323

Immortal
Franklin I think it was Simmons who rushed in twice in Round 3. Could have been both of them but.

Happened both sides 3 times in total. Either way Robinson doesn't put his body on the line. Mansour rushes in neither can defend that well

chrisD

Coach
There's only one maybe two examples of Mansour rushing in leading to a try this season. Round 1 pretty much a carbon copy of what Robinson did on SKD to let Sheck run through. Not even really bad reads either of them tbh, they were just great, unlikely cut out passes that found them out. The Souths ones are make believe or you're counting him flailing after someone in a massive overlap as rushing in and the Idris one we would have been better served had he not come in, but it's easy to say in hindsight, for all we know Tighe wouldn't have gotten there or gotten shrugged off by a charging Idris. Either way it was hardly a brain snap rush in.

He is not a particularly poor reader of defence no matter how many people seemingly want it to be the case. What's going on here, not just with Mansour but multiple players, would be akin to me blaming Whare for the Jennings try and claiming he can't read defence.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I like Mansour and Robinson, both are learning about first grade so are bound to make mistakes, I know Mansour has played a few first grade games but he is still very much learning about playing first grade.

Mansour would have to be back in when he is fit but unsure who he replaces.

Simmons as much as I don't like him has been in exceptional form the last couple of weeks so hard seeing him being dropped.

I would say Mansour to centre and Brown back to forwards but I am not sure Mansour can play centre yet. I would even think of making Brown the back up bench hooker for Seg, but they won't drop Kingston yet either.

Anyway anyone would be better than putting Naquama back into the team.

marty65

Juniors
No doubt that injuries have been a blessing for us. It took a few weeks too long, but finally we have a proper fullback, 2 centres who can tackle, decent 5/8 and a tough pack of forwards. And thank god, no Naiqama or Ciraldo to be seen.
Cleary now looks like a genius...:D.
The one injury which wasn't a blessing was Austin. I think sooner or later he will prove himself to be a very good 5/8.

murraymob

Coach
normally injuries kill a season.But in our case they have turned ours around by forcing some average footballers onto the side line and giving others a shot
issac john outstanding
matt moylan should have been there this time last year
matt robinson another untill injuries just not getting a run