What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries - who has had more?

RiotAct

Juniors
You're all mad, Tonga - Australian Centre, Hazem - Freak, Patten - ugly but still pretty good, Sonny sherwin cutler blah blah all the prev injuries, it's no contest

Jono Russell

Bench
its more a thing of who was injured and not how many.
knighst may have had alot fo injuries but lets be real, there bored let go most of there talent the year before. Joey and the Gidleys i would say are your biggest losses the other are crap.

Canberra are the same who cares you have had a million injuries mate those guys dont even compare to the losses of a Mason,Shirwin,Sonny Bill,El Masri or O'melley.

The dogs have not just lost alot of players over the past year they have lost there best Talent.

Mr Saab

Referee
Anon said:
You mean like in season 2004 & 2003 & 2002 & 2001?

read what lenny said in post 15 in relation to my post.
IF the dragons win this yr and they lose the players i mentioned then they wont be able to back it up.

Johns Magic

Referee
Dodger said:
Oh.. the injured and suspended Bulldogs

1. Patten
2. El Masri
3. Tonga
4. Cutler
5. Utai
6. Oliver
7. Sherwin
8. Morrin
9. Perry?
10. Thurling
11. SBW

There's 11 players injured or suspended. 7 of those Grand Finalists last year.

No excuses for losses but f**k me what a toll.

In Round 14 this year, for example, our "unavailable Knights side" was:

1. David Seage
2. Trent Salkeld
3. Matt Gidley
4. Mark Hughes
5. Dustin Cooper
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Andrew Johns
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Matt Kennedy
11. Steve Simpson
12. Daniel Abraham
13. Kirk Reynoldson

14. Kade Snowden
15. Andrew Price
16. Riley Brown
17. Steve Witt

I only chose players who, if fit, would have been chosen.

I'm sure we could have made many others at certain times as well.

ByRd

First Grade
The raiders & knights might have also had injuries but nowhere near the quality of players on the sidelines that we have had. It aint an excuse but its a fkin bad injury list we have had.

Nugby

Juniors
Johns Magic makes a pretty good point, plus his team would absolutely thrash Dodger's 11 man team over 80 minutes like 140-0. Besides which, Cutler, Oliver, Morrin, Thurling. Who?

7 Made the grand final? How many have made the Australian team? Knights win hands down.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nugby said:
Johns Magic makes a pretty good point, plus his team would absolutely thrash Dodger's 11 man team over 80 minutes like 140-0. Besides which, Cutler, Oliver, Morrin, Thurling. Who?

7 Made the grand final? How many have made the Australian team? Knights win hands down.

7 made the Grand Final? I said 7 took part in the Grand Final. 7 of our premiership wining 2004 side. Rep selection isn't a relevant part of this argument. That said, 6 of the 7 mentioned ar rep players :D

Nugby

Juniors
7 made the grand final, 7 took part in the grand final, I don't understand the difference. Point I was making was that the Knights have had more quality sitting on the bench than the Bulldogs, to retort Big Willie's argument. Using Australian players as I criteria rather than players that made the grand final. Anyway, I got to go out, I'll argue tomorrow. Cancel that, I've got about 20 more minutes so that I can get a lift rather than walk.

Raider Azz

Bench
You Bulldogs fans arguing about quality over quantity are clutching at straws. If you want to talk missing quality players then how about this - the Raiders have had Jason Smith, Clinton Shifcofkse, Matt Adamson and Simon Woolford out at various points of the season. The Knights have had players like Andrew Johns, Danny Buderus and Kurt Gidley missing at points. You have had it no where near as worse as the above two clubs. It is a no-contest.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Saints' injury toll has been horrendous in recent years. There were times when we had 13 first graders sidelined throughout the season and we're too well aware of how it hinders a team's progress.

Mind you, it didn't stop them doing a number on the Broncos in 2003.

aqua_duck

Coach
Dodger said:
7 made the Grand Final? I said 7 took part in the Grand Final. 7 of our premiership wining 2004 side. Rep selection isn't a relevant part of this argument. That said, 6 of the 7 mentioned ar rep players :D
From the team Johns_magic named thats 7 premiership winning players from the knights 2001 team.

Raider Azz

Bench
Let me also mention that, this week, when selecting the team Matt Elliot had just 20 players to pick from.

Cry me a river Dogs fans.

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:

really? a 1 point win in he final 45 secs...yeah that was a "number" :roll:
Brisbane were fully fit too that game...not

Jamesy

Juniors
I dunno what you lot are all whinging about. You guys are only copping what the Dragons have had for the past 4-5 seasons. Everyone said that injuries weren't 2 blame when we had our "misfortunes", but now other teams are having troubles with injuries, they wanna whinge about all their injuries.:roll:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow said:
Charlie Saab said:
really? a 1 point win in he final 45 secs...yeah that was a "number" :roll:
Brisbane were fully fit too that game...not

You're too easy Charlie.

In 2003, Saints defeated Broncos twice.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+3]Dragons end 2003 in style[/size][/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+3][/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brisbane's Sunday Mail described Saints 26-25 victory as 'an all time low' for the Broncos who have crashed to a record 7th successive loss.[/font]​

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In his weekly column, former Bronco Trevor Gilmeister said it was: 'the worst defeat in the club's history.' [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He gave credit to St George and re-quoted Dragons coach Nathan Brown when he described Saints as "a reserve grade team with a couple of big names thrown in." [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gilmeister said: "When you have 12 players with State of Origin or Test experience and you lose to a reserve grade team with two Origin players thrown in, something is very wrong. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Remember how everyone carried on when the 'Baby Broncos' beat the Wests Tigers last year? [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Great effort, sure, but that team still had some guys like Scott Prince, Brad Meyers, and Stuart Kelly in there to pad out the numbers... everyone was elated when the Broncos got up that night but the Dragons' win was a much better victory than what the Baby Broncos did at Campbelltown. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"When you look at the magnitude of the game and compare the level of experience between the 2002 Tigers and the 2003 Broncos, those young Dragons should walk away from this season with their heads held high. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"It is no comparison. The Dragons' win far outweighs the Baby Broncos' win."

Saints have defeated the Broncos twice in 2003, also winning 32-16 at WIN Stadium in round 17.
[/font]

http://www.showroom.com.au/dragons/saints2003.htm

Cletus

First Grade
Nugby said:

Yeah I love the way Dogs fans do this, list all their premier leaguer's injuries as well.
Hard to say who's had more injuries and really, who cares?
They've all had bad runs with injuries but it happens to teams every year.

drake

First Grade
I'm sick to death with the Bulldogs injury excuses.

It didn't wash with the Dragons, and I can remember many forum members putting sh*t on anyone who brought up the "curse".

Y'know, Barrett the tampon? In for 1 week out for three.

If Baz is a tampon, what's Sonny Bill Williams?

A f**king pepsi advert at best.

Latest posts