What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries

Slackboy72

Coach
Just looking at our injury list it looks like we'll have Fien, Goodwin and Cooper coming back for the last 5-6 rounds of the reg season. Weyman will be back from suspension hopefully with his groin sorted.
This raises the question, what do we do with Priddis, Scott and whoever is filling in at prop/second row?

A nice dilemma to have but the Fien situation worries me. Do you tamper with the current winning combination?

Dragon Dave

Bench
Just looking at our injury list it looks like we'll have Fien, Goodwin and Cooper coming back for the last 5-6 rounds of the reg season. Weyman will be back from suspension hopefully with his groin sorted.
This raises the question, what do we do with Priddis, Scott and whoever is filling in at prop/second row?

A nice dilemma to have but the Fien situation worries me. Do you tamper with the current winning combination?

In Wayne we trust.

TheRev

Coach
*touch wood* but there will be plenty more injuries to come before end of season, although id love to go into the finals injury free, chances are we will need that depth.

If however we were at full strength (yay), I could not imagine not having a state of origin player in Scott in the squad, lets see how he goes in the 2nd row, and Fien.. that's a challenging one, depends how fit he is, maybe he could be our impact player from the bench.

Godz Illa

Coach
I doubt Goodwin will feature at all this year regardless.
Greenfield has been out with a hamstring injury the last two weeks, not sure if he is back this week or not.
As I've said elsewhere, I'm worried about J-Bone Smith. Played only 19 mins v Wests, and after the game was limping visibly. Fingers crossed there.

The Fien/Priddis conundrum is a vexing one, with argumnts for and against each option. My choice, without any conviction at all, would be to play him off the bench

rushndude

Bench
Weyman's groin will be far from sorted, the injury lingers for a long time, unless he takes that radical massage therapy someone suggested earlier this year.

But the rest should do him good atleast.

Bring back choc

Juniors
As good as Fien is, i am not sure he'll come back in, unless needed. Obviosly next year he will, but given priddis has been doing a great job this year and has played all year, changing the hooker dont make much sense. If fit fien may jag a bench spot....but even then stanley may have the jump on him.

saint frank

Juniors
Fien will be needed come semi time. Bennett will want a few different options if we begin to become stale or we can't break down a manly or brisbane defence.

:sarcasm:

thommo4pm

Coach
In response to the Original post...."what do we do with Scott"

He is basically the first bloke picked in the side, at centre or 2nd row.
You build the other positions around him.

It is going to be heart break though for some of the players.