What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

64 billion dollar question is,how would have we been going if we had no injuries?

To be honest there's no guarantee we'd have any more points. If Cleary doesn't go down does Maloney gain the confidence and direction of the side that has seen us win so many games? I believe the injury crisis has spurred the players who have come in to perform even better.

GongPanther

Referee
To be honest there's no guarantee we'd have any more points. If Cleary doesn't go down does Maloney gain the confidence and direction of the side that has seen us win so many games? I believe the injury crisis has spurred the players who have come in to perform even better.
It's is a paralell universe scenario. The bizarro world scenario in our present state is having all these injuries,yet are 1st on the ladder with the Dragons.

Pomoz

Bench
It speaks volumes about the culture that seems to have grown at the club. We don't give up, off field dramas are rare, players are humble in interviews, it is a credit to the club that they have changed the culture so positively.

When the Broncos were in their prime, when SOO was on and they had so many players missing, they would introduce a few juniors we had never heard of. The team that got to play them sans SOO players would rub their hands expecting a much easier game. I learned quickly that the Broncos juniors would acquit themselves admirably and if you expected to get an easy game you were in for a shock. Likely as not, the kid debuting in that match will be playing SOO themselves in a few years. The Broncos development program was just that good.

The highest praise I can give the club is that when some kid is playing for us for the first time (sadly, more likely through injury than SOO duties), I now expect them to be good, just like a Broncos junior. You don't debut for Panthers unless you are quality and well prepared. Awesome.

Kilkenny

Coach
It speaks volumes about the culture that seems to have grown at the club. We don't give up, off field dramas are rare, players are humble in interviews, it is a credit to the club that they have changed the culture so positively.

When the Broncos were in their prime, when SOO was on and they had so many players missing, they would introduce a few juniors we had never heard of. The team that got to play them sans SOO players would rub their hands expecting a much easier game. I learned quickly that the Broncos juniors would acquit themselves admirably and if you expected to get an easy game you were in for a shock. Likely as not, the kid debuting in that match will be playing SOO themselves in a few years. The Broncos development program was just that good.

The highest praise I can give the club is that when some kid is playing for us for the first time (sadly, more likely through injury than SOO duties), I now expect them to be good, just like a Broncos junior. You don't debut for Panthers unless you are quality and well prepared. Awesome.

Well said.

Whether you like Gus Gould or not he is primarily responsible for putting in place the development programs, addressing our salary cap woes when he took over, centre of excellence, astute recruitment of players, record membership and crowd attendances. Most importantly the culture right throughout the club is a positive one.

Not so long back after supporting the club since it's inception I didn't think I would ever see a time when we would be on the cusp on qualifying for the NRL finals series three seasons consecutively.

Were not perfect and I still think we are maybe a real quality player (or two) short of winning a premiership but given what we have coming through our junior ranks we are not far off and that is all we can ask for.

Well said.

Whether you like Gus Gould or not he is primarily responsible for putting in place the development programs, addressing our salary cap woes when he took over, centre of excellence, astute recruitment of players, record membership and crowd attendances. Most importantly the culture right throughout the club is a positive one.

Indeed!

Long gone are the days when we made major announcements such as signing a marquee player like Mark O'Halloran..........

Shudder. Paul Franze. Ben Roarty. What exactly the f*ck were we doing in those days?

Oh boy! Girdler's "superstar" replacement. Don't get me started on Franze. (Plus it's the wrong thread.....)

I actually didn't mind Roarty, though I bet he wished he didn't leave the Panthers halfway through the 2003 season!

TheFrog

Coach
Surely against the Warriors in Round 17 as we will be missing Maloney and Cleary (hopefully to Origin and not on that list with Edwards, Mansour, RCG, McKendry [takes breath] and others).
You can add CHN to that list. He has a groin injury which he's been carrying for a few weeks but is getting worse.

Latest posts