What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury Updates

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I know that he is taking up a slot in the Top 30 and that he is the butt of jokes on here, but the guy was most definitely part of our young gen coming through and a victim of the worst (?) hip-drop so far in NRL history.

Walk a mile in another man’s shoes.
I feel sorry for Haze but we aren’t we meant to be a professional RL club, a multi million dollar business???

I mean if he gets medically retired he at least gets the money he is rightfully owed but him chewing up a top 30 spot is laughable and embarrassing. Would he still be on the Roosters or Storm books?? We are far too nice and we all know nice guys finish last the club needs to unleash their inner merkin!! Instead of unleashing the bald on a weekly basis.

Gronk

Staff member
I feel sorry for Haze but we aren’t we meant to be a professional RL club, a multi million dollar business???

I mean if he gets medically retired he at least gets the money he is rightfully owed but him chewing up a top 30 spot is laughable and embarrassing. Would he still be on the Roosters or Storm books?? We are far too nice and we all know nice guys finish last the club needs to unleash their inner merkin!! Instead of unleashing the bald on a weekly basis.
He is off contract. Medical retirement doesn’t happen because you are slower than before your operation. I get that he won’t play FG unless there is nobody left (well actually he’s still ahead of Cini IMHO), but I think we just need to cut him some slack and give him a hug. He should really sue that merkin for his NRL career potential earnings.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He is off contract. Medical retirement doesn’t happen because you are slower than before your operation. I get that he won’t play FG unless there is nobody left (well actually he’s still ahead of Cini IMHO), but I think we just need to cut him some slack and give him a hug. He should really sue that merkin for his NRL career potential earnings.
Every one needs a hug!! It’s also the way we defend, soft AF club with no killer instinct mediocrity is in the walls of this club.

It's only right that we should pay his expenses and wage for the current injury and recovery (12 weeks). And in fairness playing the rest of the year in Cup - no need to try and bring it forward unless needed to bring someone else into top 30 early.

I feel sorry for the guy, but it's a fairly safe bet he won't be renewed for 2025, or in the frame for a top 30 contract at any NRL. Though I hope he'd seen the writing on the wall after the first injury and been working himself toward a career for after footy (i.e. next year).

hindy111

Post Whore
People are making out he was going to be a 10yr NRL player.
I reckon his ceiling was a solid toilers. Handy back up. Might get 2 or 3yrs worth of NRL. He was never that fast or powerfull.
I'd say he was about Morgan Harper/Simmonson level at absolute best.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Simonsson is in his sixth NRL season and he just turned 26. I'll be surprised if he doesn't play for ten years. Harper is also in his sixth season and not yet 26.

T.S Quint

Coach
Can't we medically retire Haze? I mean, blind Freddy can see he can't run at pace any more.

I don’t think it’s as simple as just that.
You can’t just medically retire someone just because they aren’t good enough anymore.
First, the player has to be seen by a doctor and proven that he can no longer play because of an injury he’s suffered through on the field or training.
Secondly, the player has to actually agree to it. If he does then he won’t be able to play again, and maybe Haze has an idea that he could keep going.

He is off contract at the end of the year. I doubt he will be re-signed. We just have to wait it out.

84 Baby

Referee
People are making out he was going to be a 10yr NRL player.
I reckon his ceiling was a solid toilers. Handy back up. Might get 2 or 3yrs worth of NRL. He was never that fast or powerfull.
I'd say he was about Morgan Harper/Simmonson level at absolute best.
Pre-injury he was looking as our first choice winger. Not spectacular but safe and cheap and hardworking so that we could throw money at stars. He could’ve comfortably played 100-150 games.
But sadly it’ll always be a road too far now

hindy111

Post Whore
Pre-injury he was looking as our first choice winger. Not spectacular but safe and cheap and hardworking so that we could throw money at stars. He could’ve comfortably played 100-150 games.
But sadly it’ll always be a road too far now

Sad isn't it that he was seen as our first choice winger. He wasn't that great.

Gronk

Staff member
At the age of 22 he ran for 200+ metres with seven tackle breaks in a finals match against Penrith ffs. His next game was the trial where his knee was shattered.
taylor swift suck it GIF

King-Gutho94

Coach
At the age of 22 he ran for 200+ metres with seven tackle breaks in a finals match against Penrith ffs. His next game was the trial where his knee was shattered.
I am not sure if I can re-watch that game yet. It's too heartbreaking and pisses me off more then the GF loss.

It has basically changed rugby league history if Penrith lost as they have should have they don't have a dynasty.

But did Dunster have 200m and 7 tackle breaks I don't recall him having that type of game. It was a arm wrestle between the big men in the middle for 70-80 mins with Klein giving us SFA in the ruck all night.

emjaycee

Coach
I am not sure if I can re-watch that game yet. It's too heartbreaking and pisses me off more then the GF loss.

It has basically changed rugby league history if Penrith lost as they have should have they don't have a dynasty.

But did Dunster have 200m and 7 tackle breaks I don't recall him having that type of game. It was a arm wrestle between the big men in the middle for 70-80 mins with Klein giving us SFA in the ruck all night.
1712288395678.png

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It was a game with a lot of long kicking. The type of games where Edwards and To'o always put up similar numbers against Parra.

Latest posts