What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Integrity of the Game

We've had our times when the refs have given us an advantage with tackles, ie: against the Cows in that semi and the 7 tackle set.
It does happen, but lawd knows how it does with that silly Clunker in the refs ear about anything and everything, how they and the Bengal Lances don't let the ref know straight away is beyond me.

Craigshark

First Grade
I mentioned in another thread. The inconsistencies within an actual game itself, not just week to week, is becoming a joke. McInnes gets pinned for a 4th tackle holding down penalty in the first minute of the game. Brailey catches the markers offside in the last 2 minutes, no penalty.

hunt gets pinned for a bs high tackle. Fifita hits Atkinson in the cheek, albeit not much in it, play on..

Rudolf gets penalised last week for the late tackle. Same thing happens to Ronaldo last night. Nothing.

it’s getting to a point where it is actually unbearable to watch because every call is a toss of the coin.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Can’t argue with any of that @Craigshark - consistency has never been part of the game, but it has slowly gotten so out of control, punters are almost used to it and accept it.
It’s embarrassing that the come out Monday with excuses for dud calls.

Generalzod

Immortal
We've had our times when the refs have given us an advantage with tackles, ie: against the Cows in that semi and the 7 tackle set.
It does happen, but lawd knows how it does with that silly Clunker in the refs ear about anything and everything, how they and the Bengal Lances don't let the ref know straight away is beyond me.
I get that but we weren’t give a proper set..

Generalzod

Immortal
I mentioned in another thread. The inconsistencies within an actual game itself, not just week to week, is becoming a joke. McInnes gets pinned for a 4th tackle holding down penalty in the first minute of the game. Brailey catches the markers offside in the last 2 minutes, no penalty.

hunt gets pinned for a bs high tackle. Fifita hits Atkinson in the cheek, albeit not much in it, play on..

Rudolf gets penalised last week for the late tackle. Same thing happens to Ronaldo last night. Nothing.

it’s getting to a point where it is actually unbearable to watch because every call is a toss of the coin.
I blame that bullshit six again rule,it’s totally farked the game..

Eion

First Grade
I feel like refs have more of an impact on the NRL than any other.
They are always impactful but in soccer there are so few goals that you can absorb a lot of dud call. AFL or basketball there is so much scoring that ref calls often get washed away. NFL everything gets examined and less room for interpretation. In rugby theres an infringement every 10 seconds anyway.
A couple bad calls in our game often leads to a possession glut, momentum swing, tries, gassed defence, fade outs and all too often, losses. So we are at the mercy of these blokes deciding a lot of games and some of them (I’m looking at you Klein) seem to get off on it.
The ref last night was poor and not because we got a couple dud calls. He could not get the whistle out of his mouth from the start and can’t count to 6. He was screaming HELD as soon as contact was made in tackles. He refused to blow anything with 5 minutes to go. It was a rubbish performance.
Doesn’t take away the fact our mob put in a worse performance.

fizman

Bench
Good Morning,
I still cannot accept that sliding in feet first to save a try is a legal play.

Fitz made an excellent point on the sin binning of Sifa - If it was a hit to the head why did the player stay on for the remainder of the game? Point of impact appears to be the chest because if he had hit him in the head it would have been “Good night Nurse.”

My tolerance for the Commentators is becoming less each week. If the Panthers had a 5 tackle set Alexander would have blown up deluxe.

The game of Rugby League is now entertainment just like WWE - you can’t take it seriously anymore.

It appears that the NRL are going to need to intervene to help Brisbane get into the Semi Finals. How do they do it you ask? Thank you for asking, Gerrad Sutton is the man to get Brisbane out of this situation.

As long as Brisbane or a Wayne Bennett coached team don’t win it, that is a successful season for me these days.

When I played footy and made a mistake my team mates got right into me - it was a kick up the back side to ensure I was focused on my job. This high fiving back slapping when some makes a mistake is infuriating. These blokes need a rocket not a cuddle.

Last edited:

Craigshark

First Grade
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not excusing the absolute inept, heartless, pathetic performance of our team. Fitzgibbon saying the effort is there.. hmm have a look at their second and third try. That’s hardly effort.. anyway..

the last 10 minutes of last weeks game, Sutton got the dogs home with some questionable 6 agains and penalties. This week, we earned at least a penalty in that last set with finding the markers offside, but the whistle had been put away. Funnily enough, the joker hadn’t had it out of his mouth for the prior 78 minutes of the game.

the nicho inside ‘forward’ pass is almost as if it is a pre meditated call. Last week didn’t look forward and last nights definitely wasn’t forward. It’s almost as if the ref’s have spoken about this, and are going to rule it a forward pass every time now.

Quigs

Immortal
'Youse' think it is bad now, just wait till we get to the last couple of weeks of the season proper. NRL love clubs will get the rub of the green you betcha.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not excusing the absolute inept, heartless, pathetic performance of our team. Fitzgibbon saying the effort is there.. hmm have a look at their second and third try. That’s hardly effort.. anyway..

the last 10 minutes of last weeks game, Sutton got the dogs home with some questionable 6 agains and penalties. This week, we earned at least a penalty in that last set with finding the markers offside, but the whistle had been put away. Funnily enough, the joker hadn’t had it out of his mouth for the prior 78 minutes of the game.

the nicho inside ‘forward’ pass is almost as if it is a pre meditated call. Last week didn’t look forward and last nights definitely wasn’t forward. It’s almost as if the ref’s have spoken about this, and are going to rule it a forward pass every time now.
I thought last weeks looked well forward. Not so sure about the one last night. A half should just get that right though it has to be said. Probably the runner as well to be fair. It's really a timing thing and why would the Sharks have timing, they don't have much of anything right now

Last edited:

Latest posts