What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Integrity of the Game

DJDL

Bench
I thought last wells looked well forward. Not so sure about the one last night. A half should just get that right though it has to be said. Probably the runner as well to be fair. It's really a timing thing and why would the Sharks have timing, they don't have much of anything right now

Agreed, I don’t have an issue with either ruling.
It’s definitely a timing thing. But I’d have hoped after last week they spent some time working on it.

Walter Sobchak said it best:
“They’re a bunch of pharquing amateurs”.

Generalzod

Immortal
Any news about this I'm sure if this was done to the Cowboys or Broncos we would have heard more about from the media...

Big Bloke

Juniors
I have had no problems with Ziggy in the past, I think he has refereed most of his games rather well. But last Friday night he was abysmal. From the outset it seemed he had it in for us and just seemed keen on penalising us to the hilt. I am not one to criticise referees much but he just had a shocker.

Also, what I didn't like was he was constantly calling for our players to get off the tackled Titans player but when we had the ball he said nothing. Titans were not pressured by him to get off us quickly at all. Have a look back at the tape and you'll see what I mean.

Now for the forward passes. Last week against the Dogs, I thought Nicho's pass to Royce was definitely forward. I had no complaints about that. But Friday's nights from Nicho to Jesse I thought was line ball at best. Also Will should have had at least a penalty try with Kini leading with his feet. How they can defend that one is beyond me.

Special K

Coach
I am torn. I hate people like Payton but I do feel we have copped a shit ton of 50/50 calls go against us. I think we are the only team to have 2 disrupter penalties against us and when we even challenged one we got it wrong. It is 11 years later and Cowboys fans still whinge about the 4 tackle set while ours didn't rate a mention.

Fitz one blow up please.

coolumsharkie

Referee
The fact that we have to have a weekly presser from a refs perspective to explain interpretations is one of the things that has got me slowly walking away from footy. I don't think I'll ever be completely gone but geez they're making easier for me each year. f**k this guy off and get someone in that does the job he's supposed to do IN THE BACKGROUND.

Ranting on I know but you've even got Mini games on fox that are 20 minutes long and they focus some of that time to stupid ref/bunker decisions/outcomes, f**k right the way off, no one GAF!!

The Bulldogs game was a great example of how refs can directly influence an outcome by poor officiating or bias or maybe even something else.

Generalzod

Immortal
The fact that we have to have a weekly presser from a refs perspective to explain interpretations is one of the things that has got me slowly walking away from footy. I don't think I'll ever be completely gone but geez they're making easier for me each year. f**k this guy off and get someone in that does the job he's supposed to do IN THE BACKGROUND.

Ranting on I know but you've even got Mini games on fox that are 20 minutes long and they focus some of that time to stupid ref/bunker decisions/outcomes, f**k right the way off, no one GAF!!

The Bulldogs game was a great example of how refs can directly influence an outcome by poor officiating or bias or maybe even something else.
Hell yeah remember the Sharks v Cowboy's 7th tackle fiasco it was never out of the media cycle, yet the same thing happens to the Sharks there is no media hype about it, but this :

You see it was the Sharks fault that the seven tackle happened, and we deserved what we copped during the weekend. I'm also pretty upset the way the game is run, this 6th again restarts are a joke.

Latest posts