What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting selection headache for John Morris.

With Moylan most likely out for a few weeks the backline will be in reshuffle mode.

Option 1. Dugan to Fullback and Xerri to Centre.

Option 2. Straight swap Kennedy to Fullback.

Option 3. (Left Field but hey...) Johnson to fullback and Flanagan to 5/8.

What would you like to see happen and what do you think Coach Morris will do?

Tiger Shark

Bench
well rule out Option 3

I think Option 1 will be what happens but I like Option 2.

Less impact on Dugan who we need to stay fit this year, and Kennedy's ball playing is the closest we have to Moylan. Moylan seems a bit component of our attack so far this season so Dugan at fullback might hamper that ?

I'd like to see Xerri get game time though. Though I'm sure he'll get time at some point anyway.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
well rule out Option 3

I think Option 1 will be what happens but I like Option 2.

Less impact on Dugan who we need to stay fit this year, and Kennedy's ball playing is the closest we have to Moylan. Moylan seems a bit component of our attack so far this season so Dugan at fullback might hamper that ?

I'd like to see Xerri get game time though. Though I'm sure he'll get time at some point anyway.
+1, exactly what I am thinking.

Big Bloke

Juniors
With Moylan most likely out for a few weeks the backline will be in reshuffle mode.

Option 1. Dugan to Fullback and Xerri to Centre.

Option 2. Straight swap Kennedy to Fullback.

Option 3. (Left Field but hey...) Johnson to fullback and Flanagan to 5/8.

What would you like to see happen and what do you think Coach Morris will do?

Option 2 but with an added extra.
Drop Feki and put Dugan on the wing to mark Ferguson. (just for this game)
Then Xerri to right centre. Nikora's played well enough now to help Xerri and Katoa on that right side in defence.

coolumsharkie

Referee
You would say, the way the team is named 18-21 that Xerri will make his FG debut but I did like the looks of Kennedy in the trail vee Newcastle.

chewsta

First Grade
The defence of our two centres goes largely unnoticed but it is rock solid. I would leave duges where he is and throw Kennedy into Fullback. He can ballplay, is fast and looks ready for the NRL. if he handles it then I'd give him Feki's wing spot when Moyza returns.
I like Feki but he has far too many errors in his game now and teams are onto it. He can always make his way back into the team from the Jets.

A real dilemma for me.

I’m dying to see Xerri get a run but I think Moylan straight swap with Kennedy is the least disruptive and he’s the most similar to what Moylan provides.

fizman

Bench
Option 2 - No further discussion.
The Newtown players need to understand they are only one injury away from a First Grade call up. While I agree with the Xerri sentiment, we need all 17 Newtown players to be knocking on the door for first grade selection.

I want my reserve grade team pushing hard for first grade positions.

I have always liked the straight replacement model in a club. Will Kennedy, you are the second best Fullback in our Club - now is your opportunity.

Additionally, you give him the confidence and say the next 6 weeks are yours - show us what you have.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I’m torn.

Probably option 2 although I’d be very hard pressed to leave Xerri out when the opportunity is there for him. I think the Kennedy-for-Moylan change will be the path that Bomber will go with.

Good problems to have though

Ads

First Grade
I’d like to see Kennedy in. This team will be short a ball player if we put Dugan back there. Maybe Xerri’s way in is through the useless Feki.

Think Morris goes with xerri in and Dugan fb though.

MilkShark

First Grade
I think Dugan to fullback. We don’t want a rookie at the the back.

When we decide to blood these rookies we put them out them on the wing for the first few games.

Too much pressure to start at fullback for their first game.

carinashark

First Grade
Duggan was rubbish at FB and wasted on the wing ,leave him be to get the best from him. Sell Moylan ,option 2.