What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

INternational DVD's

jamesgould

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
shouldve got someone like David Morrow to call it, like he did with those old games on Big League video back in the early 90s, wouldve sounded heaps cool. :D

Word.

brendothejet

First Grade
Heritage XIII said:
If there is anyone in Brisbane who can convert VHS tapes to DVD for me, I can give access to my RL collection which include challenge cup finals from 1980, Kiwi test series in GB from the 1980 & 90's, Kangaroo tours 1980's & 90's, NZ v Aust 1985 (great series from Carlaw Park), array of French league games & finals from sport + (more than a dozen from Stad Domec, St Esteve, St Cyprien, Lyon, St Gaudens, Toulouse, Narbonne (finals), France v Tonga 2000WC, France v PNG at Charlety (all in French), and probably more.

But need to convert to DVD to preserve my collection!

Mate i can do it but I'm in sydney. prior to my current job i ran a business doing exactly that.

Maybe we could sort something out?

Heritage XIII

Juniors
brendothejet, thanks.

It would be great to get all this on DVD before they deteriorate, if not all ready, especially those 25 years old!

I also have some English games when they were televised by channel 7, including mal Meninga & Peter Sterling. Some great John Player finals and championship finals, challenge cup semis including Joe Lydons monster 63 mtr field goal at Main Road, Manchester for Wigan v Warrington.

I'm sure we can arrange something.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Just thought I should mention this for those who literally have hardly any footage of internationals. There is a stall at Paddy's markets in Haymarket, Sydney which sells a whole bunch of sports DVDs for $10 each. I got the Tri-Nations final from 06' (a lot cheaper than most other shops), and That's Rugby League (which has some footage of Kangaroo Tours and Test Matches, and is one of the most in depth RL docos to be made). They are all legit copies too I think. Also got Great Moments of Rugby League Grand Finals and a couple of 90s&00s Grand Finals.

Also, Brendo. How much would you want for any of your games on DVD? I'd love to add some of those to my collection. I just moved to Canberra, but will still be heading up to Sydney every now and then, but am happy for them to be sent down.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Forgot to mention. The Aust v Tomahawks game in Philadelphia (Liberty Bell Cup) is available on Bigpond TV also. You just have to do a little search for it. Wish I knew how to get some of those games on disc!

deluded pom?

Coach
Good to see a full page ad in the latest issue of Rugby League Express for a two disc dvd of the recent G.B. v New Zealand Test Series. The ad is for HMV too!

saddog

Juniors
The HRL has DVDs available of matches Vs Malta, Italy and Fiji A in recent years, along with a DVD of the 1st match in Greece, Attica Tigers V Olypus Eels in 2006.
Anyone wishing to enquire should contact ops_mgr@greekrugbyleague.com

Australian Kangaroos vs PNG Kumuls '00 Townsville, QLD, Australia
Australian Kangaroos vs Wales Dragons '03 - Brigend, Wales, Great Britain
Australian Kangaroos vs USA Tomahawks '04 - PHillidelphia, PA, U.S.A
Australian Kangaroos vs NZ Kiwis '06 - Melbourne, VIC, Australia

I would absolutely love a copy of those games, if it can be arranged. Please PM me and tell me what I need to do.

Cheers.

PS - If anyone has the Parramatta Eels vs Great Britain game from the early 90s, I'd love a copy of that, too.

Cheers

deluded pom?

Coach
Santa brought me a VHS to DVD copier for Chrimbo. I have quite a few G.B. matches on VHS and the 2000 WC games that were broadcast over here. I also have a couple of USA v Ireland games from the mid 1990's. I also have a couple of tapes of PNG club finals. These are the SP Inter - City Cup Final from 1998 between Mt Hagen Eagles and the Mendi Muruks and the 1998 Cambridge Cup Final between Goroka Norths and Kokopo Muruks. I also have France v Russia from 1991 which, I think, was Russia's first international match.

druzik

Juniors
I have:
  • Cronulla vs. Manly - NSWRL Grand Final 1973 - Full
  • Cronulla vs. Manly - NSWRL Grand Final 1978 - Full
  • NSW vs. QLD - State of Origin 1998-2000 - Highlights
  • Germany vs. Serbia - Euro Shield 2007 Game 1 - Full
  • Czech Rep. vs. Germany - Euro Shield 2007 Game 2 - Full
  • Serbia vs. Czech Rep. - Euro Shield 2007 Game 3 - Full
  • Wales vs. PNG - WC qualifier warm up and tour match 2007 - Partial
  • Leeds vs. St Helens - ESL Grand Final 2007 - Partial
  • France vs. New Zealand - Tour match 2007 - Partial
  • Bavaria vs. Central Germany - State of Origin 2007 - Full
  • Heidelberg 9's Germany - Tournament 2008 - Full
  • Whitehaven vs. Lezignan - Challenge Cup rd4 2008 - partial
  • Lezignan vs. Pia - LER 1 Grand Final 2008 - Full
  • Italy vs. Germany - Euro Shield 2008 Game 1- Full
  • Czech Rep. vs. Italy - Euro Shiled 2008 Game 2 - Full
  • Estonia vs. Latvia - Euro Bowl 2008 Game 1 - Full
  • Latvia vs. Estonia - Euro Bowl 2008 Game 2 - Full
  • Germany vs. Euro Celts - Berngrubers Testimonial 2008 - Full
  • London Skolars vs. Keighley - Last round NL2 2008 - Partial
  • St Helens vs. Hull FC - Challenge Cup final 2008 - Partial
  • Salford Academy vs. Western Suburbs U16 2008 - tour match - Partial
  • St helens vs. Leeds - ESL Grand Final 2008 - Partial
  • Lancashire vs. South Africa - Tour Match 2008 - Full
  • Leigh vs. Lokomotive Moscow - Challenge Cup 2009 - 5 mins worth.
I think thats it... so far.

druzik

Juniors
some great games in that list for rugby league expasion thinkers. any chance of trading any of them ?.

On their way for you mate... I have have done a batch for the RLEF and others and you in that, and am sending out this week.... works been hectic last 6 months so its taken a while for me to get things done non physics related.

Havent forgotten bout ya.

druzik

Juniors
cheers i did not relise it was you when i put my message up.
has the new season in south africa started yet as i went to a couple of there games when they toured over in england and they had 2 or 3 usefull players i thought but they could do with some either english or australian lower grade teams touring over there to help them along a bit..

Started! Its just finished... they are gearing up for incoming tours now.

Their season usually runs from October - February. Provincial comps, then a super 10s with the top 2 from each final and then provincial champs. i.e. a SoO.

marv

Juniors
I have:
  • Cronulla vs. Manly - NSWRL Grand Final 1973 - Full
  • Cronulla vs. Manly - NSWRL Grand Final 1978 - Full
  • NSW vs. QLD - State of Origin 1998-2000 - Highlights
  • Germany vs. Serbia - Euro Shield 2007 Game 1 - Full
  • Czech Rep. vs. Germany - Euro Shield 2007 Game 2 - Full
  • Serbia vs. Czech Rep. - Euro Shield 2007 Game 3 - Full
  • Wales vs. PNG - WC qualifier warm up and tour match 2007 - Partial
  • Leeds vs. St Helens - ESL Grand Final 2007 - Partial
  • France vs. New Zealand - Tour match 2007 - Partial
  • Bavaria vs. Central Germany - State of Origin 2007 - Full
  • Heidelberg 9's Germany - Tournament 2008 - Full
  • Whitehaven vs. Lezignan - Challenge Cup rd4 2008 - partial
  • Lezignan vs. Pia - LER 1 Grand Final 2008 - Full
  • Italy vs. Germany - Euro Shield 2008 Game 1- Full
  • Czech Rep. vs. Italy - Euro Shiled 2008 Game 2 - Full
  • Estonia vs. Latvia - Euro Bowl 2008 Game 1 - Full
  • Latvia vs. Estonia - Euro Bowl 2008 Game 2 - Full
  • Germany vs. Euro Celts - Berngrubers Testimonial 2008 - Full
  • London Skolars vs. Keighley - Last round NL2 2008 - Partial
  • St Helens vs. Hull FC - Challenge Cup final 2008 - Partial
  • Salford Academy vs. Western Suburbs U16 2008 - tour match - Partial
  • St helens vs. Leeds - ESL Grand Final 2008 - Partial
  • Lancashire vs. South Africa - Tour Match 2008 - Full
  • Leigh vs. Lokomotive Moscow - Challenge Cup 2009 - 5 mins worth.
I think thats it... so far.

I didnt know you had that Euro Colts/Testamonial in full!

Wouldnt mind the LER 2008 Final, think I had it before but....

I will get round to doing them world cup games soon mate! :D

I'm a bit of a newbie at the international scene, wouldn't mind starting a bit of a collection. Can't believe some of the amazing ones some of you guys have.

Latest posts