What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International footy is back

whatsdoing1982

Juniors
Best game I have ever been to and possibly ever watched. The crowd was going nuts and we were on the edge of our seats all nights. Me and 5 mates all travelled down from Newcastle and it was more than worth it. Still bux=zzing from it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
congratulations to the kiwis for making such a fantastic final one of the best games of the year

the Kiwis proved that last years result was no fluke

ouwet

Bench
Brilliant game! I look forward to the day NZ have all there player's available... Sonny, Benji, The Volcano, Utai etc...:D

winnyason

Juniors
awesome game great effort from kiwis, aussies all class. webb's field goal so close yet so far, hunt gave nz 6 tackles on aussie line with dumb pass kiwis should of set for tackle 3 or 4 field goal, yet went for the glory with try hunting.
a couple of things to note: matai again let in try, next year with paul whaturia back better defence on that side of field, the wingers should be hape & webster, vautuvai has to go. as for six marshall if fit, & missing fauimu runs out of dummy half, changing of guard for kiwis let's hope sbw & marshall bring them forward.

whatsdoing1982 said:
Best game I have ever been to and possibly ever watched. The crowd was going nuts and we were on the edge of our seats all nights. Me and 5 mates all travelled down from Newcastle and it was more than worth it. Still bux=zzing from it.

Yep. It was unbelievable.

I don't think I've ever been in a crowd that was so involved and so emotional. Unbelievable game.

Awesome.

taipan

Referee
One of the most exciting RL tests I have seen.The promotion and the support from the print media was s... house.
Should be a good platform for the world cup of 2008.Surely GB will have improved further.

carlnz

Bench
Why the hell after every good International game people jump on saying International League is back??

Was done in 2003 when Kiwis beat Aussie and then again last year after the final!!

As far as im concerned International league is not back, its just getting better and better..

carlnz said:
Why the hell after every good International game people jump on saying International League is back??

Was done in 2003 when Kiwis beat Aussie and then again last year after the final!!

As far as im concerned International league is not back, its just getting better and better..

Just like if anything bad happens its always 'in another blow to international rugby league credibility'...

Like that 'violence' beat up by the Tele... :sarcasm:

f**king MEDIA

PARRA_FAN

Coach
International RL has been back for a while, you've got to have a look since they brought back the Tri Nations in 2004 the games between the 3 nations have been a lot closer, hardly a blow out and Australia lose at least game every year.

Forget the media, they'll continue to bash the International scene, no matter how. We'll keep proving them wrong, and they'll make an @rse of themselves.

I was disappointed in the crowd, but there was quite a buzz around the stadium, plenty of atmosphere, it was pretty vocal. Imagine if they had 40,000. Well done to the Kiwis for showing their passion for the 80 minutes, as mentioned they didnt deserve to lose. Unfortunately there's only one winner. Well done to Kiwi supporters for turning up in numbers, havent seen that in a while.

The problem with NZL is they need an extra half. If they had someone like Marshall, or J Smith, someone with a bit of creativity and a good kicking game, who knows maybe they couldve won. They still do well without their key players.

Darren Lockyer, what a player. He shows his passion for Brisbane, QLD, and now of course Australia. He did well to back up in the inside and win us the game. He wears the green and gold with pride and thats whats great about him.

I look forward to the next clash in April next year.:D

screeny

Bench
Kiwis 2 for 8 kicks at goal.

Australia 4 for 5 kicks at goal.

Many others have said it, but Webb's attempt had memories of Huddersfield 1995 flooding back.

Brutus

Referee
Blaze said:
International league still has a long way to go. All this season proved was how much of an achievement it was for the kiwis to win it last year.

It has pretty much been par for the course since then with the kiwis losing all 4 matches between the two sides.

For International league to be 'back' New Zealand actually have to beat Australia... not just lose close games again and again.

Watching these close games I always get the feeling that only one side is able to lift and produce a special play to win the match...

For International league to be 'back' NZ needs to be winning at least 1 in 3 imo...

We also need France to lift its game. Another decent country in the mix would do wonders for the game.