What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Origin: England vs Exiles

Prop Forward

Juniors
some nice marketing being done for the game. The Exiles logo is pretty cool. Wonder what their shirts will be?

exiles.jpg

I hope we get it live into Australia.

Stagger Lee

Bench
It will be a good chance for the "exiles" to remind people how good they are back down in OZ.

BTW ... Where is the game being played? on MAIN ST ? :)

ucantseeme

Juniors
Marketing looks great. The OZ/NZ jersey looks cool.

I didn't give much hope for the Indigenous All Stars game when it first came about but it has proven itself worthwhile. Hopefully this will be a goer too.

Jankuloski

Juniors
I like the name.. it has that self bagging ring to it.. Jersey looks cool..

I'm just worried about 2 things:

a) English fans have proven to be resistant to new things (like the playoff system)

b) What if the Exiles beat England? :D They have 0 internationals from Aus, a handful NZers .. It would really be a slap in the face..

docbrown

Coach
So it's on at 8pm on a Friday night in England in June - so that puts it on around 5am Saturday morning in EST Australia and 7am in New Zealand.

As I assume it comes under the umbrella of the 9's super league contract, I guess that means we probably won't see it at all.

It'd be a shame though, I think there'd be an audience for it.

Didgi

So it's on at 8pm on a Friday night in England in June - so that puts it on around 5am Saturday morning in EST Australia and 7am in New Zealand.

As I assume it comes under the umbrella of the 9's super league contract, I guess that means we probably won't see it at all.

It'd be a shame though, I think there'd be an audience for it.

I think it's simply a case of whatever games Sky cover the NRL run, I'm sure if SKY give the necessary permissions or the clause is there they'll run it.

I know they're brain dead at Nein but surely they realise this would do a bit better in Aus than a regular game.

Wait.. that would be if they actually promoted it/played it at any sane hour. Oops. Dickheads.

docbrown

Coach
I think it's simply a case of whatever games Sky cover the NRL run, I'm sure if SKY give the necessary permissions or the clause is there they'll run it.

I know they're brain dead at Nein but surely they realise this would do a bit better in Aus than a regular game.

Wait.. that would be if they actually promoted it/played it at any sane hour. Oops. Dickheads.

I think there'd definitely be an audience here for it, even if it were on Digital or Foxtel and early in the morning given it's new and it's a quasi-international.

Latest posts