What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intrust Super Cup 2015 Predictions

Was listening to Tweed/PNG last week. I think most of the Hunters away games are broadcast on line as well.

Edit: just seen the Hunters thread and they indeed stream their away games.

Last edited:

mikail-eagle

Bench
So the young PNG player who played with the Capras last week has been invited to Rockhampton to play them for the remainder of the season.

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/cq-capras-crisis/2689012/

CQ Capras in crisis after visa issues and 64 point loss

CAPRAS officials, coaching staff and players will head to Browne Park tonight to address the club's most recent visa controversy.

Operations Manager Brendan Bowers confirmed the club had 20 player visa's approved for their trip to Kokopo, Papua New Guinea, after similar complications in the 2014 season.

"We were well aware of last year's passport/visa problems and therefore made it a priority to hand players passport and visa applications out at the start of the season," Bowers said.

"But they are grown men and the players who did not have this organised in time have to take some responsibility. Punishment's for those players will be discussed at board level."

Dean Allen (elbow), Rajan Opetaia-Halls (illness) and Josh Johnston (back) were ruled unfit late last week, while Dean McAdam's visa was denied due to a six-month passport expiration.

Another Gladstone-based player ruled himself unfit to travel at 5.15pm on Friday night.

"We could have taken others but there was no way we could have organised a visa in time," Bowers said.

"In saying that it gave us a great opportunity to get two new players. We have asked one of those PNG boys, Lance Kuveu, to apply for a visa and come play for us for the remainder of the season."

Redcliffe 28 - PNG 28

What an enthralling game of footy that was. Would have been perfect had the Dolphins nailed one of their 2 field goal attempts but I can't fault them for the effort they put in today. Big hits, great tries and neck and neck all the way.

Great crowd too and the biggest (excluding the 3 Q Cup Grand Finals or NRL trials) I reckon have ever seen at Dolphin Oval since going to games there at the end of 1999. Did miss last year's game though and have missed many games between 2008-2014.

Imagine how many Hunters' fans would turn out if they can make the Grand final.

mikail-eagle

Bench
11168917_1659954257582505_8728115631293727127_n.jpg

Haffa

Top 4 looks pretty set. Just the order to play for. It will be a decent battle for 5th place.

mikail-eagle

Bench
The PNG Hunters have the bye this week and I would have thought it would have been better to rest properly after the brutal match on the weekend against the Dolphins.

Instead 13 players from the Hunters have been selected in the 15 men PNG Squad for the Pacific Games 9's Tournament this Saturday and Sunday.

The Partisan

Really ! I would have thought it an opportunity to give some fringe / prospective future Hunters players a run.

Realise there is a medal on the line but for the long term plans for PNG I would have opted for a different approach.

Redcliffe 64 d Burleigh 6.

After leading 22-6 at half time, Redcliffe quickly added 2 more tries in the second half and the Bears lost heart and an avalanche of points followed after. Burleigh had a horror day with the high ball in particular fullback Khan Ahwang who had a complete shocker of a game.

Haffa

@iam_chriswalker: I witnessed something last night, I never hope my kids ever see or hear again, a small fraction of @WynnumSeagulls supporters -

Wynnum supporters.....

expansionist

Juniors
for those who dont know - this would be in relation to an incident at last nights Wynnum v Ipswich game.

Wynnum were leading all game, then Ipswich scored.

Chris Walker stepped up to attempt conversion, and then... took the longest I have ever seen in all my life watching RL to take the conversion. He seriously pushed the boundaries of patience of all at the ground.

The only comments I head from Wynnum supporters was one guy who yelled out:

'No wonder even your own team mates dont like you Walker'

Chris Walker laughed and gave him thumbs up and said 'yeah youre right they dont actually'

expansionist

Juniors
Actually it appears as though him and his kids copped some abuse from Wynnum supporters as they left the field.. I didnt hear or see any of this.

The conversion incident took place late in the game and the whole crowd was just on him to take the kick and he just played it out beyond a joke. Even the Ipswich fans near me were embarrassed.

Im not condoning any abuse at all, its disgusting IMO.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
If Walker's actions in taking the conversation didn't deserve 10 in the bin, I don't know what would.

It was an absolute disgrace - the crowd wasn't there to watch him being a smartarse which is simply all he was doing. There was no reason at all for taking close to five minutes to take a conversion. The referee was soft, he warned Walker twice about time wasting and he continued to do so without further penalty.

It had been a great game, semi-final like intensity, and didn't need Walker to try to be the centre of attention. He was a long way from Ipswich's best and his actions were a blight on Rugby League.

hellteam

First Grade
If Walker's actions in taking the conversation didn't deserve 10 in the bin, I don't know what would.

It was an absolute disgrace - the crowd wasn't there to watch him being a smartarse which is simply all he was doing. There was no reason at all for taking close to five minutes to take a conversion. The referee was soft, he warned Walker twice about time wasting and he continued to do so without further penalty.

It had been a great game, semi-final like intensity, and didn't need Walker to try to be the centre of attention. He was a long way from Ipswich's best and his actions were a blight on Rugby League.

Didn't the ref call time off? Seems like that would be an easy fix to the situation

expansionist

Juniors
Ref called time off.... then put it back one.... then called time off.... then back on... then off.

It was seriously just rediculous.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
This had little to do with running the clock down. The clock was stopped so it wasn't a worry for Wynnum that time was being wasted.

The players on both sides and the spectators were treated with contempt by someone who must think he is bigger than the game. It was pretty cold at the game, most people were keen to get it over and it can't have been good for the players standing still in the cold for five minutes for no logical reason.

Walker should be cited for bringing the game into disrepute.