What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Investec Super 14 Round 2:: Fri :: Waratahs 11 v Chiefs 7 @ Sydney Football Stadium

Investec Super 14 Round 2 :: Waratahs v Chiefs

• Waratahs

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
f**k me that was a sh*t game. Neither side is really going to worry the rest of the competition based on that - at least the Chiefs have an excuse, with so many players out. Tards won't finish any higher than 10th.

Stuart Dickinson 11 def. Chiefs 7

JB

Juniors
fmd! Thank god that's over. Cant believe i sat through the whole match actually. Sucked big time. Chiefs just making up the numbers......once again. Disgraceful at set play. De Malmanche or whoever he was couldn't throw a ball in straight to save himself. Knock on's galore. Scrum going backwards at the rate of knots. Just a very very ordinary team. Have never rated Foster as a coach to tell the truth, and although the Tahs we're cleary the more dominant side, their performance was nothing to write home about either.

KHunt

Juniors
Like I said in the other thread.
That was a shocker of a match to watch.
Beale and Tuqiri are overated, Tahu isn't a 12.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Chiefs by 15

Chiefs unlucky to only be ahead by 2, just lacking the killer pass.

Chiefs by 12.

yeah, thanks for all the kind words guys

Tahs show its better to win ugly than play well and lose

They also relied heavily on Beales boot, if anything I thought he kicked far too much. Pretty good kick to set up Tahu though.

I just hope we dont rely too much on him, if he is injured we'd be screwed.

Top of the ladder, go you good things

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
One of the worst games I've seen. Both sides couldn't hold on to the ball and the Tahs didn't look like breaking the Chief defence. It's a good thing the Chiefs sucked at the set plays as they looked much better in attack when they held on to the ball.

Parra

Referee
Besides Beales radar being off, he played alright.

With any sort of kicker the Waratahs romp this in. Despite the handling errors, the lack of cohesion and the general scrappiness of the game. They dominated possession and field position.

Why did Sheehan take the long range shot? Lote is normally good for these.

Why did they not take the 3 points on the bell?

I'm glad it's over and glad they got the win.

aussies1st

Staff member
Lote has distance but he isn't as accurate. As for taking the 3 points they didn't want to risk the kick falling short and giving the Chiefs one last chance. All it would have done is add to the Tahs F/A as the Chiefs were always getting the bonus point loss.

Parra

Referee
Making sure it went dead wasn't too hard. My first reaction was the same as yours, but then I realised it really was kickable.

Given how wide Sheehan kicked that one, we may need a 3rd option. I was just surprised to see him line one up.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Making sure it went dead wasn't too hard. My first reaction was the same as yours, but then I realised it really was kickable.

Given how wide Sheehan kicked that one, we may need a 3rd option. I was just surprised to see him line one up.

Correct me if I am wrong (and skeepe would know this more than me) but didn't Sam Norton-Knight goalkick in lower grades for the Brumbies? If he did that is the most obvious option.

Other option is to fit Halangau into the starting side and get him to kick.

aussies1st

Staff member

I agree it was kickable but there wasn't much to gain from it so they figured no need to take any risk just kick it out and take the win.

Correct me if I am wrong (and skeepe would know this more than me) but didn't Sam Norton-Knight goalkick in lower grades for the Brumbies? If he did that is the most obvious option.

Other option is to fit Halangau into the starting side and get him to kick.

Don't know SNK history but I know when we were missing our goal kicker a few seasons back Larkham stepped up to goal kick and SNK was in the side so that should say how behind he is in the pecking order.

aussies1st

Staff member
Forgot to add, Burgess is having a shocker start to the season. Hes lost his running game that made him the Wallaby number 9. Without that and his average passing he isn't much use to the Tahs.

Parra Guru

Coach
Gotta say, I'm not quite sold on Rob Horne yet. His handling last night was terrible, and wtf was with the offloads he was trying to get away every time someone laid a hand on him.

Latest posts