What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ireland and Scotland become full members of the RLIF.

The Daddy2

Juniors
Congratulations to both Scotland and Ireland on becoming full members of the RLIF, it's good news for rugby league in these countries.

Is anyone with an inside track able to give the details as to why they have now been given this status? what are they doing differently now that has brought them to this position, I ask because from the outside I can clearly see what Wales Rugby League have done to elevate themselves to this level, grass roots rugby league in the principality is booming at all levels and WRL has done a great job in promoting the sport.

Any info or thoughts appreciated.

LunarPark

Juniors
I'm not 100% sure but I think it's because The RLI and Scottish rugby league are now Full-time organisations, with more structures in place etc. Pretty sure that's why they became full members of the RLEF as well.

Plenty of work needs to be done in Ireland in terms of grassroots to justify such an inclusion though.

bowes

Juniors
Yeah Scotland deserve it because of their junior development but find it hard to see why Ireland deserve it and Lebanon or USA don't

Lebanon must wonder what they have to do. They are left out of the World Cup auto qualifiers and now this. Yet Ireland get both.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Yeah Scotland deserve it because of their junior development but find it hard to see why Ireland deserve it and Lebanon or USA don't

I agree about Lebanon, but not USA.

Serbia deserve more credit then USA.

I remember reading years that Scotland had a fair few juniors playing and in some places it had more than some other sports like Union and Cricket.

The Link and article are here somewhere.

bowes

Juniors
It was possibly Easterhouse which is a poor area of Glasgow?

Fair point USA is like Ireland on the juniors front whereas Serbia has them.

roughyedspud

Coach
aye it does'nt really make sense to have russia & south africa as full members but not usa,serbia or lebanon

RedVee

First Grade
Lebanon must wonder what they have to do. They are left out of the World Cup auto qualifiers and now this. Yet Ireland get both.
Though I have sentimental reasons for being pleased for Ireland, I must say that Lebanon seems to be the country that most deserves the honour and the support of the RLIF. What they have achieved is truely remarkable.

Q: does a country need pay a stipend to the RLIF for the various levels of membership?

druzik

Juniors
Though I have sentimental reasons for being pleased for Ireland, I must say that Lebanon seems to be the country that most deserves the honour and the support of the RLIF. What they have achieved is truely remarkable.

Q: does a country need pay a stipend to the RLIF for the various levels of membership?

Yes, this used to be the case, if its still that case now I am not sure.

deluded pom?

Coach
It won't make an iota of difference what their status is. England will still cherry pick their best as and when they make the grade.