What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iro to resign?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Stuff seem to have a hotline to The Mole. Wonder if they have a computer hooked up to beam out his tweets. From what I've seen, he's right about 45 percent of the time

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
A good move for Iro.

Who will Elliot bring in now? I would have thought one x NZ (Iro) and one x Aussie but could now be 2 x Aussie.

No other coaches apart from Ackland are really in the mix at the Warriors - they need to establish a pathway.

Actually they do have a pathway at a national level and at warriors level.
Remember Iro - came through that pathway only to be treated quite crap really.

Ricky Henry was development coach - stepped up coaches NZ 18s and then got a last minute opportunity to coach a badly run vulcans side.

I think one of the swanns is now the development coach.

One of the Lomax has been with Junior Kiwis past couple of years - so he is a possibility

Also, remember its not rocket science coaching - who would of though Kidwell being considered for a head coaching gig
Often aussies clubs promote newcomers to the asst coaching roles - remember they have to start somewhere.

Somebody like Stacey Jones would at least be considered

Ackland - is no chance, he is on the way out too lol

Rich102

Staff member
Let's not forget 2011 we had three teams playing on Grand Final day.
Scurrah appointed himself Director of Football operations and this year we had none.
Bluey only coached one team.
How to screw up a club. Put someone who knows nothing about football in charge.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Badly run ? They made the Grand Final..

I mean the people who run them i.e ARL have no idea
Ask anybody that has played for them or coaches, managed them over the past 4 years.

That will be the feedback you will get.
The run to the grand final had more to do with the warriors involvement imo.
They have most depth they had ever had and I think the warriors sorted out player payments.

Yes - some of the local players contributed to the run to the final
But there has never been a shortage of quality local players who can step up.

Like I said - dress there 20-24 years old top local players in Warriors gear, integrate a little more into warriors setup and pay them a little more.

The vulcans will dominated and Elliot will have more NRL ready players

Diesel

Referee
It's seems to me that we are limping from decision to decision waiting on one thing or the other. I wished someone grew some balls at HQ and made decisions. I dont really really know if they even know who the 2 assistants are

Iafeta

Referee
I'd say they were waiting to see whether diddums Iro was planning to honour or dishonour his contract. I'd say they stuffed up the coach selection criteria and probably weren't clear with him through the process and he's taken his time to decide to pick up his toys and clear the crib.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He's gone.

Matt Elliott may find there's some resentment behind that. I know they should be pros and get on with the job, but we've seen the sort of feeling from a couple of players.

RWB

Bench
He's gone.

Matt Elliott may find there's some resentment behind that. I know they should be pros and get on with the job, but we've seen the sort of feeling from a couple of players.

Matt Elliott is a top bloke, I give it a week before he's best mates with every player in the squad. I imagine the resentment will be directed at the suits.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Matt Elliott is a top bloke, I give it a week before he's best mates with every player in the squad. I imagine the resentment will be directed at the suits.

I have to admit from all I've heard and seen of him, I like Elliott a lot.

ozbash

Referee
When Elliott was "between jobs", he did quite a bit of work for Fox. He made quite a lot of sense, but I'll reserve my decision.

Gunna miss Iro, apart from the last 2 games (which everyone seems to be rating him on), he gave his heart and soul to the club.

Wish him well.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
It's seems to me that we are limping from decision to decision waiting on one thing or the other. I wished someone grew some balls at HQ and made decisions. I dont really really know if they even know who the 2 assistants are

Mate - its called negotations
The warriors are slowly peiceing things together.

My call is that we are going to be the Canberra Warriors lol.
Or maybe some more penrith flavour.

Generally, the coaches put people in they have worked with before and trust.

Here are a list of candidates:
Justin Morgan
Quentin Pongia
Ruben Wiki
Andrew Mcfadden
Steve Georgalis

I hear Morgan has got the flick from canberra not to sure about mcfadden.

All but wiki have either head or assistant coach experience.
I put pongi and wiki because they are kiwis - there needs to be some kiwi flavour
Pongia has been a trainer also

MKEB...

Staff member
Geez QP would Give them some "harden the hell up". I imagine no mucking around there

Aragorn

First Grade
Geez QP would Give them some "harden the hell up". I imagine no mucking around there

I`m sure most people thought Wiki would bring a bit of descipline to the squad but instead he turned up with long hair, a beard, lost 50KG and sounded very much like he had smoked a few to many xxxxx in his retirement.... hippie.... or did I mean yippie :lol: