What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

irons for europe?

posh

Juniors
ive been quite impressed with pardew and the underperformers of last season. i.e. bobby zamora, mullins. i think premiership football is best suited to westham as they have a young squad and play with attacking flair. i know no1 has said a word of if, but i believe with their form they can make uefa. i dont want to jinks them but what do u ppl think?

MONY

Juniors
you forgot to mention Harewood, he has been on fire this season...... capable of finishing 7th or 8th imo...... are renowned for producing great players....... lampard, cole etc...... maybe this is a new batch coming through whom will turn out to be world class players in the near future.

Macca_

Coach
I have to agree. Well UEFA Cup is well and truly on the cards for them, but West Ham would be the team I'm looking over the shoulder at and saying they are a danger. Obviously we still need to catch Sp*rs for the Champions League, btu we still play them at Highbury. And their point against Sunderland shows they'll drop points. Won't be much in it for that 4th spot.

But I think West Ham will definately be high enough for the Cup. If not 4th.

Mong

Post Whore
The boys look great yesterday morning, they went to sleep a bit in the second half of the first half but came back out and played well again in the second half... I haven't seen them knock it around as well and as confidently up front for a long time.. The backs didnt look as confident as they did against arsenal for some reason and didn't scramble as well but it was a good win in the end....

Ashton looks to be a good signing, unfortunatly Zamora is on the bench now despite doing nothing wrong... Its a good selection headache to have for a change though.. Hopefully they keep players instead of selling like they have in the past, this lot are going to be better then the lampards/cole's/carricks/defoe's etc etc..

Point to note (any canterbury fans here).. they had a minute silence for Greenwood and the whole stadium was completely silent for the entire minute...

Macca_

Coach
Mong said:
Hopefully they keep players instead of selling like they have in the past, this lot are going to be better then the lampards/cole's/carricks/defoe's etc etc..
This is a major reason why they NEED to make Europe in my opinion. The cash incentives that come along with that as well as the lure of it for the players to want to stay for it.

Any team producing good youngsters always face a battle to hold onto them if they are not playing in Europe.

borat

Bench
West Ham to keep Arsenal out of european competition for mine;-) I mean they are only behind Arsenal on goal difference and with Bolton 2pts behind but 2 games down.