What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone aware of any outside back signings for depth

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I am currently very happy with our depth in the forwards and halves for next year. However I am not so sure about our depth in the outside backs especially in the centres

At present we have lost or are losing from first grade or reserve grade
McKinnon
O'Dwyer
Delaney
Farrar (this week in reserve grade)
J Williams
Peterson
Graham
Parmatangi.

This leaves as outside backs left to cover fullback, 2 wingers and 2 centres in first and reserve grade which is 10 positions
Hayne (fullback/wing)
Burt (fullback/wing)
Reddy (fullback)
Tahu (centre/wing)
Smith (centre)
Grothe (wing)
Inu (wing/Centre)
Etu Uaisele (wing
Now this is becomes even more desperate when we lose Grothe and Tahu to origin

I remember Eelavation saying something recently about a centre from the Qld cup we are interested in. However does anyone know if we are looking at anyone else or who of our junior (flegg or sg ball) outside backs is most likeley to be able to step up next year such as David Williams, Fluffy kitten etc.

Don't read this as a doom and gloom thread or that I am getting ahead of myself. I am just interested if anyone has any info :D

The Colonel

Immortal
It is likely David Williams will be in the first grade squad next year. Tony Williams could also be considered in the centres.

Fareni Moefaauo, Taulima Tautai, Alex Savaiinaea, Iwi Hauraki will also be still with the club. While more likely to play Flegg they could step up into PL if the need arises. Fluffy Kitten will return though how well he returns from that nasty injury will be the question.

We have apparently signed or are in the process of signing Jamie Grehan from the Dragons who can play centre and backrow.

Tony Williams/ Iwi Huraki look very promising in Flegg. Tony is just a Monster who could play 2nd row as well as 3/4 or wing. I haven't seen huaraki for a while but he was on Fire earlier in the season.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
The Colonel said:
It is likely David Williams will be in the first grade squad next year. Tony Williams could also be considered in the centres.

Fareni Moefaauo, Taulima Tautai, Alex Savaiinaea, Iwi Hauraki will also be still with the club. While more likely to play Flegg they could step up into PL if the need arises. Fluffy Kitten will return though how well he returns from that nasty injury will be the question.

We have apparently signed or are in the process of signing Jamie Grehan from the Dragons who can play centre and backrow.

not a winger/centre?

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Thanks Jake and Colonel. I was thinking about Tony Williams as well but think his better position is in the backrow. However maybe until he fills out more he could cover the centres

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I heard we signed a guy called Kelly (forgot his first name) from the Comets, not sure if he was a centre.

What about Josh Davis?

Stagger eel

Staff member
we are looking at some fringe first graders at the moment including 1 young winger from another club who could be on his way..

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
I heard we signed a guy called Kelly (forgot his first name) from the Comets, not sure if he was a centre.

What about Josh Davis?

Albert Kelly - I'm pretty sure he's only a pup, SG Ball age.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Whatever happened to Zac Russ... he was supposedly on a long term scholarship with us and played Arrive Alive Cup for Farrer Agricultural last year and/or the year before?

The Colonel

Immortal
eloquentEEL said:
Whatever happened to Zac Russ... he was supposedly on a long term scholarship with us and played Arrive Alive Cup for Farrer Agricultural last year and/or the year before?

Zac will be with us as well next season once his studies are completed - Martin Lewis who is playing in the Flegg side did the same.

strider

Post Whore
nod.gif