What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone else really concerned about this?

eel4life

Juniors
Tim Smith, Jarryd Hayne, Ben Smith, Blake Green, Josh Cordobra, Justin Tsoulos, Joel Reddy, Kristian Inu, Weller Huaraki.

Thats 9 great young players we have kept for once.

Add to this Hindmarsh, Tahu, Robinson, Cannings, MoiMoi, Pj Marsh, Mark Riddell, Cayless.

We have the core players, we have a good half back we have a good fullback Hayne or Reddy, we have good number 9's and we have the best second rower in the game.

we dont need to add much to this roster and with 16 teams junior development will be more important than ever.

so if we dont keep afew older players to keep allot of younger players then thats fine by me.

we have had our fair share of injuries.

Vella, Wagon, Peek, Stringer, Tsoulos, Delaney, Ben Smith, Tahu, PJ look at what and where we are.

We cant keep signing players we need to make sure that our younger talent can take the step up and be good firstgraders.

Hayne, Williams, Odwyer, Delaney, Reddy, Tsoulos, Cordobra Tim Smith Ben SMith .

Out of these we have lost 2 or 3.

i think we are travelling ok

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
I personally think that the we are heading in the right direction....i think in order to have a top 4 squad in the nrl at the moment, you must heavily invest in a few core players and rest revolve around juniors.....and for this to happen, reserve grade will suffer!

Parramatta have seen that PL is dominating there comp, thus the transition has started! We might not get instant success, but with a couple of years our PL stars will become NRL stars.
With this, the ability to sign forigen players increases as the club isnt spending money to lure players to the club, which leads to paying overs (i.e. souths), rather they are spending money to increase the pedegriee of there roster (i.e. roosters with harrison and anasta last year)!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
dazeely said:
I agree. He is our biggest loss out of the lot. Very dissapointed.
agree as well boys not to fussed about losing the others but morrison is a huge loss.thought we would have a replacement lined up but for him but i thought wrong :crazy:

James_Hardie

Juniors
I can cop that we needed a clean out of players, and with so many guys coming off contract at the same time (what was it 19 players) not including Smithy, it looks like that was the plan.

One problem though. If you have a plan to let go a bunch of players, you should have a plan for what you intend to recruit. We clearly don't as we have signed one player & are chasing a guy who wasn't going to be on the open market (Finch). And if our management assumed Lyon would return, that is an even worse plan.

We have had a clean out of players. We have had a clean out of coaches. One more cleanout is required...