What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Bennett's time up?

Striker

Juniors
I am not head hunting Wayne Bennett, he IS the reason for Brisbane's success to date. What I am trying to get at is, we need someone to inject that passion into the club that I really believe has dissappeared.

It's easy to turn up to play the Roosters, its easy to turn up to play the Eels after getting smacked by the Storm but the game against the warriors, what happened there. We have a game in three weeks time against the Sea Eagles at home. That will be a test, if they turn off again, the Eagles will beat us. I know we won't win every game every year but to go down fighting is something that has lacked over the last few years.

But events over the last week may help Brisbane's cause. Webke retiring from rep footy, he is a pefect person as that passionate voice. The commitment he has shown the club to make sure he plays all the way till that final hooter in 2006 is something I feel every Broncos fan would have got a massive lift from that. Maybe it showed something to the players as well, I hope it did.

I know the will to win comes from the players as well, but the enviroment has to be created for them to possess it. I may be totally wrong but that is my observation.

Latest posts