What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Channel 9 the home of rugby league?

Stallion

First Grade
Is channel 9 airing the NRL this Saturday or is it on a minor channel for the Ashes cricket? Pretty sure they are advertising Saturday coverage of the NRL leading into the finals?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Is channel 9 airing the NRL this Saturday or is it on a minor channel for the Ashes cricket? Pretty sure they are advertising Saturday coverage of the NRL leading into the finals?
Saturday coverage runs for the last five rounds from memory, so it will commence Round 21 and run through til Round 25.

Illawarra Tiger

Juniors
I usually watch the game at my place on Foxtel. Today I have decided to visit my family and I have had the misfortune to watch 9. The picture quality is terrible and slater, Gould and the other bloke (no idea who he is but he seems really loud) are trying to outdo each other in taking shit. All they have to do is shut up, and stop dribbling.

Has it always been this bad ??? Are these clowns the reason why we have crazy 8pm kick offs???

tri_colours

Juniors
I usually watch the game at my place on Foxtel. Today I have decided to visit my family and I have had the misfortune to watch 9. The picture quality is terrible and slater, Gould and the other bloke (no idea who he is but he seems really loud) are trying to outdo each other in taking shit. All they have to do is shut up, and stop dribbling.

Has it always been this bad ??? Are these clowns the reason why we have crazy 8pm kick offs???

So what's the problem? they don't have as much money as Rupert? There free! and give a better than average service for the 2/3 of the Country that doesn't have fox.

Not having Blocker has to be a point in their favour.

And Ch.9 HD channel is excellent - and did I mention its free. You don't have to pay an extra $10 a month to watch it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So what's the problem? they don't have as much money as Rupert? There free! and give a better than average service for the 2/3 of the Country that doesn't have fox.

And Ch.9 HD channel is excellent - and did I mention its free. You don't have to pay an extra $10 a month to watch it.

I pity the 2/3 who are too poor or tight to get fox, imagine having to watch the game on Ch9 every week.

Hmm. Blocker on Fox or Lockyer, Slater and/or Sam Thaiday? At least you usually only get Blocker doing one game a week.

taipan

Referee
Hmm. Blocker on Fox or Lockyer, Slater and/or Sam Thaiday? At least you usually only get Blocker doing one game a week.

And Blocker doing one game a week ,is more than my rars can take.And my hearing is RS at the best of times.
Sometimes you feel as though he's gonna jump outside the Tv screen and deck you, he's so in your face.

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
The random little girl climbing onto Billy Slater's back while he is doing pushups is the cutest thing I have seen.

This Year?

Immortal
On Gem watching the CC game between the Dragons and Bulldogs and the chemistry between Danika Mason and Jamie Soward is a heartwarming thing.

Stallion

First Grade
Noticed an abundance of rugby union world cup adverts on both channel nine and Foxtel. Much more than anything afforded to the rugby-league world cup in Australia just a few years ago!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Now that all the games are on CH9, I have given fox the flick, they do not have anything else worth paying for.

This is my usual path, I let them know I am not subscribing until the Sharks are back playing, when I resign in March they will be informed it is due to the Sharks.

That is 4 years now they know, I litterally only subscribe when the NRL season is on and ask every year how to block the VFL channel.(I know how, ask anyway.)

I do not listen to the commentators, just need the picture.

Latest posts