What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Channel 9 the home of rugby league?

mongoose

Coach
Anyone notice 100% footy has been taken down from Nine's streaming channel 9now?

I usually watch it Tuesday morning on 9now cause I cbf staying up to 11pm on Monday night to watch it.

Mr Saab

Referee
Anyone notice 100% footy has been taken down from Nine's streaming channel 9now?

I usually watch it Tuesday morning on 9now cause I cbf staying up to 11pm on Monday night to watch it.

100% Footy was not shown last night due to the ongoing issues ch9 is experiencing re the "hacking" dramas.

taipan

Referee
Ch 9 should not only be hacked , but racked and cacked.
It's become nothing more than a discreet propaganda arm for the AFL. It probably has no interest in bidding for the NRL (unless they get it for diddly squirt),they are looking at the AFL from side and centre.

Imagine if ch9 Melbourne was hacked, whilst they had the AFL Footy show on ,does anyone with a bit of grey matter tucked away in their noggin, believe they'd show the Sydney NRL show.
They'd show a flower festival from Moonee Ponds instead.

Mr Saab

Referee
Agreed Taipan. Ch9 should not have show the VIKKY KIKKY show on Sunday. Could have shown re runs of Gilligans Island, or maybe a re run of an old NRL game, now that's an idea.

mongoose

Coach
Started watching Broncos vs Panthers on Nine. Why is the crowd virtually muted? the only thing you can hear is the commentator and fatty, just terrible sound production.

Switched over to Fox and what do you know, there is a crowd and you can hear them.

Are Nine actually trying to get people to turn off?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Started watching Broncos vs Panthers on Nine. Why is the crowd virtually muted? the only thing you can hear is the commentator and fatty, just terrible sound production.

Switched over to Fox and what do you know, there is a crowd and you can hear them.

it would suit their agenda, lower tv viewers this year helps them stiff the game in contract negotiations that will need to be done in next 6-12 months.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

They have done this for years.

They also do this weird thing were they turn up the crowd sound just as the ballrunner is tackles.

its like “ aaaaAAAAAAHHHH .......... aaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHHH .......... aaaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHHH ......”

parrawentyfan

Juniors
They have done this for years.

They also do this weird thing were they turn up the crowd sound just as the ballrunner is tackles.

its like “ aaaaAAAAAAHHHH .......... aaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHHH .......... aaaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHHH ......”

Its a minor thing ultimately but one thing I hate (which Fox and Nine do) is zoom in on the ruck each tackle. It just shows the horrible wrestle and wriggling.

I much prefer the ESL coverage where it zooms out so you can see the defensive and attacking lines set for the next play.