What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Channel 9 the home of rugby league?

juro

Bench
In the Friday game, Ray Warren started off saying something like "coming up on Sunday...". I was assuming he would finish the sentence along the lines of "... we head out to Leichhardt to see the Tigers take on the Gold Coast".

Instead, it was some promo for the Logies.

I know. I'm a slow learner...

Flapper

First Grade
Yes I noticed the same thing, it changes at half time. So left to right then right to left. I don't recall seeing this done anywhere else, it's home vs away and that's it, u don't swap the home to away so that it is following the team on screen!

They do it in the Super Rugby broadcasts, but it's probably best that we don't take too many more ideas from them.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
The day of the ANZAC game was flicking between The Today Show and Sunrise. What a difference in promoting the sport you telecast. The Today Show sports news on Nine had AFL first, NRL second. Sunrise after the AFL talk stated "tune into Seven & 7 Mate for the big ANZAC AFL clash at the G blah blah". The Today Show made no mention to tune into Nine or GEM for the ANZAC NRL clash. Does that idiot Gyngall ever watch his own sh!t and put 2 & 2 together?

Such a difference but last year I saw that Today Show weather merkin at the airport totally engrossed at a bar watching the Swans in the GF, so what do you expect.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I saw that Today Show weather merkin at the airport totally engrossed at a bar watching the Swans in the GF, so what do you expect.

You should have ordered a beer and then gone near him and started yelling out "I'm standing here at the airport with a beer watching the Swans, it's a nice day outside and there are plenty of people in the airport. Speaking of airports, did you know that they were invented by Bert Newton...blah blah blah...."

If after a while he turned around and said "Can you stop that, it is really annoying. Do you have to be so loud?", then you could have responded by saying "Now you know how every other merkin in Australia feels, f**kstick".

undertaker

Coach
You should have ordered a beer and then gone near him and started yelling out "I'm standing here at the airport with a beer watching the Swans, it's a nice day outside and there are plenty of people in the airport. Speaking of airports, did you know that they were invented by Bert Newton...blah blah blah...."

If after a while he turned around and said "Can you stop that, it is really annoying. Do you have to be so loud?", then you could have responded by saying "Now you know how every other merkin in Australia feels, f**kstick".

Is this him:

http://today.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=172289

Patorick

Staff member
Stupid ad. Why did they need to advertise themselves on their own network?
Awareness.

593912-steve-crawley.jpg

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Chanel nine is a typical landlord of a shithole.
The Nrl is just a tennant as far as they are concerned.
And treats rugby league accordingly.

taipan

Referee
Saying channel 9 is the home of rugby league,is like saying the American Congress is the bastion of communism.9 treats the game with contempt,in contrast with the way ch7 treats the AFL.

aads

Juniors
I have worked there - it is home only to a pack of merkins

-Who have no idea

Ok my gears have been officially grinded this morning.

The today show 'the grill segment' hosted by Karl and has 3 female social commentators were talking about the packer gyngell fight. Not once did they condone it, all they did was laugh it off as a joke, the girls said it was great and it was just a bit of testosterone. They went on and on about how its good that guys can sort their issues out like this etc etc.

I wonder what their comments would have been if it was 2 rugby league players having a scuffle on the street? I highly doubt they would be laughing it off. What a joke. Double standards much.

undertaker

Coach
I have worked there - it is home only to a pack of merkins

-Who have no idea

Would you care to share some examples of 'merkinry' you've experienced there?

The today show 'the grill segment' hosted by Karl and has 3 female social commentators were talking about the packer gyngell fight. Not once did they condone it, all they did was laugh it off as a joke, the girls said it was great and it was just a bit of testosterone. They went on and on about how its good that guys can sort their issues out like this etc etc.

I wonder what their comments would have been if it was 2 rugby league players having a scuffle on the street? I highly doubt they would be laughing it off. What a joke. Double standards much.

THIS! Very well said:clap:

Also, it is a very big conflict of interest in the situation you described, since Gyngell is head of the network and his wife is also an employee. Anyways, still a shame Packer didn't flatten him.

Brutus

Referee

Great post. Needs to be passed around to the dickheads with the glarIng double standards.

Zigwaa

Bench

Spot on. Sports people continue to be demonised for things normal folk do and celebs etc do even worse.